Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It is...I am a little enamored at this point.

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [Team Schwinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife just picked up a Yamaha V Star 650 as her first bike. I haven't rode for years but am now very interested in getting a Royal Enfield.

http://royalenfield.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to ride a Bonneville. I sold it after becoming a father.
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved all the British bikes - Triumph, BSA, Norton, etc. I want a new Royal Enfield so badly because its an exact copy. A retro bike without the pain.

Good move getting out when your first came along. I knew a tragic case where the dad and mom were killed in a motorcycle accident when their kid was three years old. Very sad.

But then of course just remember that if you had remained single you`d still be riding. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first foray into bike ownership was squashed by my Fiance 14 years ago...I am divorced now and have a sweet new ride. Coincidence? lol

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I loved all the British bikes - Triumph, BSA, Norton, etc. I want a new Royal Enfield so badly because its an exact copy. A retro bike without the pain.

Good move getting out when your first came along. I knew a tragic case where the dad and mom were killed in a motorcycle accident when their kid was three years old. Very sad.

But then of course just remember that if you had remained single you`d still be riding. :-)

Growing up I always wanted a motorcycle. I finally got one after college and it was everything I dreamed it would be. When I was single I rode it all the time and everywhere, except in the snow. Growing up my Dad was always around and that has had a unmeasurable impact on my life. I wanted to provide my children with the same experience so my plan from the beginning was to sell the motorcycle when children came. For the most part I really don't miss it. I'd rather spend my free time pedaling my bike 99% of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [Team Schwinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone, do you know anything about Indian motorcycles? For some strange reason, I am developing an infatuation with them. Not sure about their maintenance history, though.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pinterest feed of Harley bobbers, these 883s popped up yesterday. My god, they're beautiful.

But I always come back to the 48. Something about that front end.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I have a pinterest feed

Why did you cut off your penis?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a new motorcycle today as well. Well almost new, probably three hours at most. I don't understand why people buy stuff when they don't have a clue. If only cost the guy about a $1,000 an hour to ride it compared to what he paid for it and what I bought it for. I don't think he ever got it in the powerband.

Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I have done a couple of trail-like rides on the Harley (packed stone, gravel) and it's already making me wish I had a dirt bike for heading out to the desert which is just a few blocks from my house.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are beautiful. I lasted all of 3 weeks...ordered a new V&H short shot exhaust, hoping to install later today or next week. The long chrome pipes that came stock just didn't fit with the aesthetic i was going for...errr...plus, I already wanted louder!

Also, and this is key, I have yet to meet a woman who has not inquired about whether the hog can accommodate 2...which is a shame because at present it doesn't. That may be upgrade #2...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I presume you went with black? That will look really nice. You should pick up the V&H round air cleaner kit ($100) if you're still rolling stock. Also, the bike will adjust somewhat to the fuel consumption change but the V&H FP3 fuel pak will make it run like perfection.

I saw an Iron with the V&H Radius pipes in black. It's like they were designed specifically for that bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Oh yes...black for sure. Already out of the box and have the heat shields affixed. Leaving for a little weekend getaway with my kids tomorrow so It will likely have to wait until next week but its going to look great.[/img]

I am waiting on the new airbox because I want to avoid having to buy a programmer ...yet. lol This is quickly becoming a problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biltwell Black Diamond HB would be my first choice for a 2-seater. Or you can always buy a pad for the rear fender mount that can be added and removed without changing saddles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Finally got the new exhaust added...wow...such a huge difference...louder at low speed, less droning at high speed...plus, it looks bad-ass...also flipped the side mirrors for a classic look[/img]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Major upgrade, very nice. It's crazy how relatively inexpensive that system is. I paid less than $400 for my chrome set, including the black fiberglass wrap.

Did you buy the quiet baffle set? I never ran mine with the set that came with those pipes, so I can't really speak to the difference.

Last week I installed smoke lenses and colored bulbs on both front and rear signals. Having removed the reflectors (I don't ride at night), there isn't a spot of color left on the bike. Thirty five bucks for the lenses and a few sets of bulbs. I would imagine that would look pretty damn sweet on your ride as well.

So, when are you lifting the tank? ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I did not buy the quiet baffle...after listening to a few YouTube videos...I decided I wanted the noise and as I said, its actually less oppressive than the stock pipes when I am on the freeway. So far...a total win/win. The smoked lenses look great...I may have to put that on the list. As for raising the tank...eh...I dont like the space left underneath...but I do think a new set of handlebars may happen next year...and a chopped rear fender...[/img]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in the land of Harleys, so I have seen it all. That is absolutely gorgeous.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: New Motorcycle - Sweet 7 lb, 8 oz baby Jesus... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

...wow...that is strong praise indeed...and I am happy to take it! Your Gov was recently out here with his HD for a campaign event...I was out of town on business but thought it would have been an interesting experience for sure!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dropped a few dollars on LEDs for the front and rear signals, and replaced the head light with a retrofit LED bulb. Holy shite, they're unbelievably bright. Looks good with the smoke lenses, too. $80 per set, $70 for the head lamp bulb. Probably not street legal, given that you can't direct the beam, but at least I have to worry less about not being seen during daylight hours.

I sort of liked the contrast of amber lenses on the monotone color scheme, but I think it looks good either way.

Shipping today are Arlen Ness pegs & shifter peg, and black Le Pera Bare Bones pleated seat.

Last edited by: sphere: Aug 8, 15 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hit some new ground today...the county gun range...and a little gravel road action...[/img][/img]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious how that front tire handles gravel. I tread lightly on gravel roads, and even with that fat front end it still feels fishy.

That's nice country out there. Where are you living?

By the way, if you were considering changing to LED, here's how they look while running. Activating the turn signals or hazards turns off the outer white light ring and flash amber in the center. The old head light bulb was an upgrade over stock, but even that still looked pale yellow. Here are the LED signals with retrofit LED bulb in the original can:

Last edited by: sphere: Aug 10, 15 10:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, if you change your mind on the tank lift or cleaning up the wiring mess under the tank, here's a step by step photo guide for it, demonstrated on your bike.

I may do a 1.5" lift, but only if I upsize my tank.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So...I tread lightly (see what I did there?) on gravel but I really, really enjoy the challenge. When I lived in DC and would go out on the trails, one of them (Georgetown i think...) turned to gravel for a few miles on the way up to Bethesda and it was the most fun I had on a bike for years. Skinny tires, all balance, white knuckle. So of course, with my motorcycle I applied the same thinking...Started with a national park where the road ends and turns into hard pack gravel...a little scary, but I'm going super low speed working on balance and skill. Near where I live, we have lots of prepped but not yet developed lots and subdivisions...again, low speed, just for the fun of balance and doing something different. I just took a new position and if I get as much time at home as I am hoping, I think a dirt bike from Craigslist could be in the future...hitting some of the outer trails at a higher speed just sounds like a blast.

I like the lights...I need to put together a plan for what Id like the bike to look like and then start prioritizing some of the changes. I'm really digging drag bars right now and that may have vaulted to the top now that the pipes are on.

Quote Reply

Prev Next