Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza
Quote | Reply
My 7 y/o who attends a charter school, each year they hold one major fundraiser "Jogapalooza". Kids go out get sponsors to give them money for each lap they run. He's in first grade so parents are invited to come and watch. Most kids sprint the first 200 feet burn up all their candles and then walk the next 3.5 laps. The best part is all the moms that show up in their yoga pants all decked out with running gear to run with their kids. A couple of them had hydration belts, mind you this is maybe a .4mile loop and it was raining. I counted 4 ironman hats, some compression socks, the colors of course matching the rest of the kit. I couldn't help but smile an wonder what the hell? No pictures, but next year for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [wakesurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next year they'll add an aid station with water, Gatorade and bananas.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [wakesurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, the days of tennis skirts, running skirts and yoga pants. How I so miss dropping off my kids at preschool.

Don't forget the orange slices and Capri Sun aid station too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh damn, I am busting up!

Quote | Reply
Where do you live?

Our hometown, Bend Oregon, is a bastion of super fit people with a few pro athletes thrown in. My husband and I always see people out for a run that look fast enough to qualify for the Olympics. That being said I think I've seen one m-dot sticker on a car and maybe two hats. People are super low key. It's nice.

I feel like a schmoe wearing my finisher's hats when I'm out throwing down my 10.5 pace runs. People probably think I picked it up at Goodwill.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [benderin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Utah, everyone thinks their an athlete and wants you to know it as well. Ironman stickers, ragnar stickers, marathon stickers its like some badge of honor, or look at me I am a bad ass that did a relay with 12 other people so I ran 18 miles over two days. Those are my personal favorites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't noticed too much of that, really. Except for the Ragnar stickers, they are all over SLC.

In fairness, it seems like a cool race.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wakesurfer wrote:
Utah, everyone thinks their an athlete and wants you to know it as well. Ironman stickers, LOTOJA* decals, ragnar stickers, marathon stickers its like some badge of honor, or look at me I am a bad ass that did a relay with 12 other people so I ran 18 miles over two days. Those are my personal favorites.

There, completed it for you ;)
*Disclaimer. Iv'e got one on my pick-up but I live 1,300 miles from there. Nobody knows what it is out here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard WTC is in talks to buy "Jogapalooza". There will be no prize money but the entry fee is raised to $650.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wakesurfer wrote:
Utah, everyone thinks their an athlete and wants you to know it as well. Ironman stickers, ragnar stickers,marathon stickers its like some badge of honor, or look at me I am a bad ass that did a relay with 12 other people so I ran 18 miles over two days. Those are my personal favorites.
Oh damn, that is good. The same goes on here in Southern California, especially in beach cities. Clowns wear their 12 year race shirts under business suits, compression socks just to go to pick up a pizza, race hats and visors like they are affixed to the head and drive with hundreds of stickers on the rear window. I saw this nonsense at the local Whole Foods today and wanted to gag.

Quote | Reply
Clowns wear their 12 year race shirts under business suits, compression socks just to go to pick up a pizza, race hats and visors like they are affixed to the head and drive with hundreds of stickers on the rear window.

I'm cool with all of that as long as they actually ran their race, and didn't walk it like a lame-ass "participant."

No, but seriously, it doesn't bother me in the least to see people walking around in race shirts and putting stickers on their cars. Why would it? I don't get the hate.

Compression socks, on the other hand, should be banned altogether on pain of keelhauling. As should hydration belts.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Clowns wear their 12 year race shirts under business suits, compression socks just to go to pick up a pizza, race hats and visors like they are affixed to the head and drive with hundreds of stickers on the rear window.

I'm cool with all of that as long as they actually ran their race, and didn't walk it like a lame-ass "participant."

No, but seriously, it doesn't bother me in the least to see people walking around in race shirts and putting stickers on their cars. Why would it? I don't get the hate.

Compression socks, on the other hand, should be banned altogether on pain of keelhauling. As should hydration belts.
Okay HATER!

Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

My god.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [daleagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daleagain wrote:
wakesurfer wrote:
Utah, everyone thinks their an athlete and wants you to know it as well. Ironman stickers, LOTOJA* decals, ragnar stickers, marathon stickers its like some badge of honor, or look at me I am a bad ass that did a relay with 12 other people so I ran 18 miles over two days. Those are my personal favorites.

There, completed it for you ;)
*Disclaimer. Iv'e got one on my pick-up but I live 1,300 miles from there. Nobody knows what it is out here.

The worst thing about the Lotoja decals is the tards who do the fucking relay and put one on their car.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the thing is, if you've got the body to do the hard stuff, you don't need to billboard it up with logos and stamps. Like yoga puss up above -- she's got it and she knows it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP be like:

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of question marks with that photo. First - is that a fag in his mouth, because that would be even more awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had one of those when I was on PTA at D'Kids school ["Race for Education" it was called]

Jogapalooza = MILF-aplooza, am I right?

These were Catholic school moms, too, so make of that what you wish

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know the LR Rule...pics or it did not happen

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

I gots leg varicose veins bigger than your little hater dick --- I'm wearing them :-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Kids shcool fundraiser "Jogapalooza", turns into yoga pant palooza [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol.

Even so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5sAgBsGg8

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn your eyes Mr. Christian.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wakesurfer wrote:
Utah, everyone thinks their an athlete and wants you to know it as well. Ironman stickers,
ragnar stickers, marathon stickers its like some badge of honor, or look at me I am a bad ass that did a relay with 12 other people so I ran 18 miles over two days. Those are my personal favorites.

As soon as you said Utah, it made me think of this Art of Manliness post from yesterday about The Narcissism of Minor Differences. Specifically mentioned Utah. After reading it, it helped explain all the race stickers you describe.

"Or travel to Utah. With 60% of the population being Latter-Day Saints, it’s hard for the average Mormon to feel unique. Thus if you cruise the highways, you’ll see lots of billboards for plastic surgery — an avenue by which a Mormon gal might make herself just a wee bit prettier than her competition. And then there’s plenty of conspicuous consumption; the Mormon dad hopes the size of his house will help him stand out in a sea of peers that look, talk, and think in very similar ways."

http://www.artofmanliness.com/...f-minor-differences/
Quote Reply

Prev Next