Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes.
Quote | Reply
Did I miss something somewhere where "competitive eating" became a thing? Is there a league, or a champion? Is it only a matter of time before highschool kids can get scholarships for "competitive eating"?

Watching her pack down that food almost made me throw up.

http://www.kcci.com/...the-weekend/32080176

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
America, fuck yeah!
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the start of the video the announcer is holding a bin of bacon that he claims is 5 lbs of bacon, and it's obviously cooked. During the eating contest, if you pause the video when they show the close up of her grabbing another handful, it appears that she is eating 5 lbs of raw bacon. Please tell me that I need new glasses.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't be. Sometimes bacon can look raw. I ordered a pizza with the works recently and the bacon looked raw on it, but it was hot having been in an oven.

That would be a liability as trichinosis would be a huge risk.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do these competitive eaters go have a bulimic relief session after the podium? 5 pounds of half-chewed whatever poking along in your gut for a whole day after, blech.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never understood those arrow ear piercing things that all the cool kids have these days. Must be getting old. In any event, she is gonna have one gnarly turd. Unless she purges. Which is possible I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That can't be good for you.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Is there a league, or a champion?

Yes, and yes

http://www.majorleagueeating.com/rankings.php

Never heard of Wing Bowl or Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like it would be hard to maintain 116 lbs. if she keeps eating like that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ms6073 wrote:
Seems like it would be hard to maintain 116 lbs. if she keeps eating like that.
It is highly unlikely that she eats like that often.

Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Did I miss something somewhere where "competitive eating" became a thing? Is there a league, or a champion? Is it only a matter of time before highschool kids can get scholarships for "competitive eating"?

just over 10,000 calories
8 days worth of sodium all at once..... I feel sorry for her kidneys
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just can't imagine what would be coming out of her body a day or two after doing this.

The stomach cramps must be incredible. Maybe she just chases the whole thing with a pint of pepto?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The amazing thing to me is that the really good eaters that I've seen (I haven't seen that many) are all small. If you saw a 400 pound man doing this you'd say, "yeah, of course". But these little women (no offense) can put some food away. Where they put it I have no idea.

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die. -Steve Prefontaine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no way she bothers to digest all of that. After the cameras are off and people go home, that is all getting purged.

Amazing that she doesn't even chew. She swallows 3 inch diameter gobs of it like a snake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szgd71BoeA4

Quote:
John Brenkus and his team of scientists go in depth about the phenomenom that is Joey Chestnut, unravelling how the top competitive eater in the world manages to stuff down 68 hot dogs in ten minutes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the annual 4th of July hotdog eating contest a few times. It's nasty gross and quite a spectacle.

Sadly, it's beyond just an American Fuck Yeah kind thing. These competitive eaters come from all over the world. I suspect we do have more home grown ones in fatty americaville. It's gross.

I will say that Kobashi (or whatever his name is, the guy who won several of the hotdog eating contests) tore his shirt off on the podium before the event and had a well defined six pack. After eating some 60 hotdogs, he took his shirt off again and you could still see pretty solid abs poking out behind all those half chewed pig assholes.

I suspect they puke later, but if I recall, there is an actual set time they have to wait before they "get to."

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just heard from an informed source that you *can* vomit during an eating contest and stay in the running, as long as you keep it in your mouth.
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rule is defined as "If you heave, you leave" so I guess if you CAN "keep it to yourself" you can keep going

Yeah, good luck with that

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Follow up.

http://www.cnn.com/...yler-feat/index.html

She ate 3 72 ounce steaks (plus sides) at the Big Texan in Amarillo.... in 20 minutes

" Molly Schuyler scarfed down three 72-ounce steaks, three baked potatoes, three side salads, three rolls and three shrimp cocktails -- far outpacing her heftier rivals.
That's more than 13 pounds of steak, not counting the sides. And she did it all in 20 minutes, setting a record in the process.
"We've been doing this contest since 1960, and in all that time we've never had anybody come in to actually eat that many steaks at one time," Bobby Lee, who co-owns the Big Texan, told CNN affiliate KVII. "So this is a first for us, and after 55 years of it, it's a big deal.""
Last edited by: ChiTownJack: Apr 20, 15 16:32
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:

She ate 3 72 ounce steaks (plus sides) at the Big Texan in Amarillo.... in 20 minutes

" Molly Schuyler scarfed down three 72-ounce steaks, three baked potatoes, three side salads, three rolls and three shrimp cocktails -- far outpacing her heftier rivals.
That's more than 13 pounds of steak, not counting the sides. And she did it all in 20 minutes, setting a record in the process.
"We've been doing this contest since 1960, and in all that time we've never had anybody come in to actually eat that many steaks at one time," Bobby Lee, who co-owns the Big Texan, told CNN affiliate KVII. "So this is a first for us, and after 55 years of it, it's a big deal.""

Sounds like a feat accomplished by Marilyn Chambers
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deep throat?
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Dr. Adkins approves.
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [link5485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link5485 wrote:
Deep throat?

Exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: 116lbs woman sets world record by eating 5 pounds of bacon in 5 minutes. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yeah but she has a world record.
Quote Reply

Prev Next