Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Polar S720i + Polar Power $89
Quote | Reply
I've been using a Polar S720i as my main HRM since 2005. A couple years ago, I bought a used Polar power sensor - this is the device that estimates power from chain tension and some other related measures. I installed it and measured power - including R-L balance - but intermittently. Polar's famously terrific customer service replaced a bad wire/connection for a very reasonable cost. Next installation - well, it never really worked, still intermittent power data. Back to Polar. What I got back was a refurb (not the original sensor/'surfboard'). I just could not get myself to do the 3rd install. And I'm headed to a new power meter. And, my Garmin FR305 has been so bulletproof (even if Garmin Connect is continuously troublesome for me), that I'm headed to a new Garmin device that is power-capable.

So, I'm selling my totally fine Polar S720i and the untested, but fresh-refurb-from-Polar power sensor/'surfboard'. I also download data from the S720i using an IR-to-USB adapter. The one I use now has worked for me in Win 7 and Win 8 and is included.
What you see is what you get (https://www.flickr.com/gp/96692920@N07/6rcdx8). Here's the list:

*HRM*
Polar S720i HRM. I am the original owner, from 2005. Works great, sometimes needs 2nd press on the big red button. All battery changes done by Polar service; last change was April 2013. Low battery *not* indicated.
Polar T61-coded HR transmitter. Used, working.
Polar elastic chest strap (M) for transmitter. Used, still pretty snappy.
Polar T31-coded HR transmitter. New in blister pack with new elastic chest strap (M). I thought that the T61 had a low battery and bought this locally. I started making sure that the strap on the T61 was wet when putting it on and it's worked fine since. Never opened the T31 transmitter.
Original S720i box and user manual (USA).
IR-to-USB adapter (Syba SD-U1IRDA-NM USB Fast Infra-Red Adapter).

*Power sensor*
Refurbished, untested Polar power 'surfboard' with wired connections to the chain speed sensor, cadence sensor and plug for the handlebar mount (for the Polar S720i). S/N F525790614995. Model N2986 SW06 (might be N2966 - print is blurry).
Handlebar mount and rubber adapter for Polar S720i includes battery (CR123A, fresh in fall 2013, untested since).
Two Polar wireless speed sensors (pictured, different) plus a third that is not pictured, currently installed on my bike and identical in appearance to the one pictured without the aluminum mounting bracket. Battery in the bike-mounted sensor works, but I have no idea about batteries in the two pictured.
Hardware for mounting the chair speed sensor (pictured in small zip bags in gallery). Three options: Shimano road (I used this one, all parts included, plus extra washers and threaded collars I bought multiples of at the hardware store), Shimano MTB (unused) and Campy (unused). The photo should provide enough resolution to read the compatible gruppos. May fit others, no idea; I installed on 9 speed Ultegra.
Original Polar power user and installation manual (USA). I can also send some PDFs of installation tips I discovered online and saved during my installations.

*What you will need*
Not a complete list, but, you'll need mounting supplies (zip ties/tape) and an adjustable riser to mount the power pod/'surfboard' to the chainstay with the appropriate clearance to the chain (normally accomplished with some rubbery blocks - I'll send what I have and they are in the picture gallery, but they were cut and adapted for my bike, so unlikely to fit your bike. Still, useful to see, maybe.). A CR123A battery (maybe). A battery for the speed sensor (maybe). Spoke magnet for speed sensor. Crankarm magnet for cadence sensor.

So, $89 for the whole package, shipped to the lower 48. Sold as-is, although I guarantee that the S720i works fine and that the T31 is new in an unopened blister package. Heck, the new T31 is about $40 at Amazon alone. I'm not interested in splitting the HRM and or/the T31 from the power sensor. But, if someone wants the power stuff without the S720i/T31, I'd consider that split.
Last edited by: giorgitd: Jun 14, 15 19:48
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Polar S720i + Polar Power [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weekend bump for a reduced price...$89 shipped to the lower 48.

giorgitd wrote:
I've been using a Polar S720i as my main HRM since 2005. A couple years ago, I bought a used Polar power sensor - this is the device that estimates power from chain tension and some other related measures. I installed it and measured power - including R-L balance - but intermittently. Polar's famously terrific customer service replaced a bad wire/connection for a very reasonable cost. Next installation - well, it never really worked, still intermittent power data. Back to Polar. What I got back was a refurb (not the original sensor/'surfboard'). I just could not get myself to do the 3rd install. And I'm headed to a new power meter. And, my Garmin FR305 has been so bulletproof (even if Garmin Connect is continuously troublesome for me), that I'm headed to a new Garmin device that is power-capable.

So, I'm selling my totally fine Polar S720i and the untested, but fresh-refurb-from-Polar power sensor/'surfboard'. I also download data from the S720i using an IR-to-USB adapter. The one I use now has worked for me in Win 7 and Win 8 and is included.
What you see is what you get (https://www.flickr.com/gp/96692920@N07/6rcdx8). Here's the list:

*HRM*
Polar S720i HRM. I am the original owner, from 2005. Works great, sometimes needs 2nd press on the big red button. All battery changes done by Polar service; last change was April 2013. Low battery *not* indicated.
Polar T61-coded HR transmitter. Used, working.
Polar elastic chest strap (M) for transmitter. Used, still pretty snappy.
Polar T31-coded HR transmitter. New in blister pack with new elastic chest strap (M). I thought that the T61 had a low battery and bought this locally. I started making sure that the strap on the T61 was wet when putting it on and it's worked fine since. Never opened the T31 transmitter.
Original S720i box and user manual (USA).
IR-to-USB adapter (Syba SD-U1IRDA-NM USB Fast Infra-Red Adapter).

*Power sensor*
Refurbished, untested Polar power 'surfboard' with wired connections to the chain speed sensor, cadence sensor and plug for the handlebar mount (for the Polar S720i). S/N F525790614995. Model N2986 SW06 (might be N2966 - print is blurry).
Handlebar mount and rubber adapter for Polar S720i includes battery (CR123A, fresh in fall 2013, untested since).
Two Polar wireless speed sensors (pictured, different) plus a third that is not pictured, currently installed on my bike and identical in appearance to the one pictured without the aluminum mounting bracket. Battery in the bike-mounted sensor works, but I have no idea about batteries in the two pictured.
Hardware for mounting the chair speed sensor (pictured in small zip bags in gallery). Three options: Shimano road (I used this one, all parts included, plus extra washers and threaded collars I bought multiples of at the hardware store), Shimano MTB (unused) and Campy (unused). The photo should provide enough resolution to read the compatible gruppos. May fit others, no idea; I installed on 9 speed Ultegra.
Original Polar power user and installation manual (USA). I can also send some PDFs of installation tips I discovered online and saved during my installations.

*What you will need*
Not a complete list, but, you'll need mounting supplies (zip ties/tape) and an adjustable riser to mount the power pod/'surfboard' to the chainstay with the appropriate clearance to the chain (normally accomplished with some rubbery blocks - I'll send what I have and they are in the picture gallery, but they were cut and adapted for my bike, so unlikely to fit your bike. Still, useful to see, maybe.). A CR123A battery (maybe). A battery for the speed sensor (maybe). Spoke magnet for speed sensor. Crankarm magnet for cadence sensor.

So, $99 for the whole package, shipped to the lower 48. Sold as-is, although I guarantee that the S720i works fine and that the T31 is new in an unopened blister package. Heck, the new T31 is about $40 at Amazon alone. I'm not interested in splitting the HRM and or/the T31 from the power sensor. But, if someone wants the power stuff without the S720i/T31, I'd consider that split.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Polar S720i + Polar Power [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply