Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Front end setup advice
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, first post here. I've been slowly descending into the triathlon depths over the last couple of years to the point that I find myself on an online forum. The ultimate sign that I've been gripped.

I'm about two seasons into the sport and still on my first tri-bike. A very old Argon E-112. I think I'd like to stick with it for another year or two before making a bigger investment in a new bike/ frame but wondered whether I could make any obvious, inexpensive gains out of the frame I have currently. Specifically, I think the front end/ cockpit is pretty old fashioned - high angled stem with the pads on the base bar (it's an old Profile Design T2+ Wing). Would it be any more aero to go with a flatter stem and risers on the bar? Tried to include some pics but couldn't shrink them down to size. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Front end setup advice [Joe_Emery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Joe, glad you’re excited about the sport! I’ve tried out a few different bikes recently and dialing in the front end/ cockpit can be annoying for sure. Go with whatever is comfortable and allows you to stay down on your aero bars. You’re totally right a simple riser goes a long way. Amazon has 30-70mm profile design risers for $30. I picked up one of those on my last bike , a 2013 Jamis Xenith T2 with Di2 and man that was a game changer for me. That and just rotating the aero bars in a little towards center. Really comfy and aero!

Also simple things like socks (or aero calf sleeves), nice helmet, and a quality tri suit will shave off extra time for sure! Some marginal speed gains from a new bike for sure but it’ wasn’t immediately obvious for my Felt IA disc and nothings beats a good fit.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/pmadjarov
Quote Reply