Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts
Quote | Reply
[edit]reduced price on the fsa k-force light seatpost[/edit]

this is a fairly long post. several of these items are either lightly used (giro selector), or used only once (fsa and thomson seatposts, poc do blade sunglasses). in the case of the bike or wheels, if there are other components that you require (shimano freehub body, different skewers, different sized handlebars, stem, etc.), they can be obtained for you at wholesale cost. i'm located in ottawa, ontario (canada) if you would like to pick up these items to avoid paying shipping costs. all items will otherwise be professionally packed and shipped by my lbs.

all prices are in USD.

do not hesitate to post if you have questions or need more pictures of any of the items i have for sale.

1. salsa casseroll frameset+extras ($450 + shipping)

first up is a fully custom build salsa casseroll. this is a highly up-specced 4130 cromoly "credit card touring" bike, with high-end bits like the alpha-q cs-25 fork ($300), cane creek 110 headset ($140), tubus cargo evo rack ($120), etc. the groupset and wheels have been sold.

this was used as my primary training machine between 2009 and 2012.

saddle and pedals are not included, but i can get you any saddle you want, including specialized.

the fsa k-force light seatpost for that i have for sale below can be included for an additional $100.

in terms of sizing, the frame size is very misleading. the stack and reach are 552mm and 375.5mm, respectively. this would place it 8mm taller, and 9.5mm shorter horizontally than the 54cm cervelo slc-sl that i used to own - but this is labelled a "49cm" frame. i'm 5'10.5" (179cm) tall, but i would say realistically that this will fit most people between 5'6" to 5'9". near the top end of that range, your morphology should be someone with long legs and a short torso, relatively speaking.

as a basis for comparison, i'm a morphological outlier with a long inseam (34.5", or 87.5cm). i have very good hamstring and lower back flexibility, though, so i ran a -23° stem with a tonne of handlebar drop.

for shits and giggles, i rode this bike with a hed stinger 7/stinger disc combo in a race last year. this is how you know it's the bike of champions - and why you should buy it:

reason for selling: built up a custom Ti frame last year.

bike specs:
frameset & extras ($450 + shipping)
frame: salsa casseroll (stack: 552mm, reach: 375.5mm), 4130 cromoly tubing
fork #1: alpha-q cs-25 full carbon fork (steerer tube is carbon as well)
fork #2: salsa, 4130 cromoly
headset: cane creek 110, black
seatpost: ritchey comp, 20mm setback
seatpost clamp: salsa liplock
saddle: none
rack: tubus cargo evo rack
fenders: axiom rainrunner fenders
brake calipers: tektro r538 (brakes are not part of the groupset as these are long-reach calipers)
pictures: pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5, pic 6, pic 7, pic 8, pic 9, pic 10, pic 11, pic 12, and pic 13.

if you buy the frameset+extras, i can include ritchey WCS evo curve handlebars (38cm c-c - as pictured) for $30. i can also get whatever handlebars+stem you'd like at wholesale cost.

2. giro selector - $100 + shipping
white giro selector in size M-L, lightly used (~20 rides totalling 40 hours). this was used for a few training rides and racing only. i normally wear a size medium giro helmet. the S-M sized selector was too small for me. i would suggest that you err on the side of sizing up when it comes to this helmet. it is tight-fitting, so if you normally go XL on your helmets, this is not for you.

helmet bag & flat bottom attachment included.

reason for selling: getting a new POC helmet.

pictures: pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5, and pic 6.

3. poc do blade sunglasses - $160 + shipping - optional mirrored lens for an additional $60
this is a pair of navy blue/white poc do blade sunglasses that have been worn once. i'm deciding to go with the hesjedal version instead.

i have an optional spare mirrored lens that's available for an extra $60 (retail $90) if you want it. apart from greater badassness, the primary difference is that the mirrored lens has VLT of 10% compared to 28.4% for the standard lens.

pictures: pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5, pic 6, and pic 7.

pictures (with optional mirrored lens): pic 1, pic 2, and pic 3.

4. 27.2mm fsa k-force light seatpost, 25mm setback - $120 + shipping
this was inserted once in the salsa casseroll frame for sale above, but was never ridden on or otherwise used.

pictures: pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5, and pic 6.

5. 31.6mm thomson elite seatpost, no setback - $60 + shipping
this was ridden once, but i ended up needing 16mm setback instead. 410mm length.

pictures: pic 1, pic 2, and pic 3.

Last edited by: tegra: Oct 4, 14 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you sell the braze on chorus fd separately?
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [bthomas515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you sell the athena fr/rear der?
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the flux capacitor come with the bike and do I need to hit 88mph to get it to work?
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [bthomas515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the interest!

bthomas515 -

unfortunately, i won't break up the chorus groupset. i would be willing to sell the athena fd separately.

58teeth -

i would indeed be willing to sell the athena fd/rd combo on their own. i'd be looking for $40+shipping for the pair (and would reduce the price of the rest of the groupset & bike accordingly).

mattr -

that is an excellent question. as part of the bike or frameset+extras purchase, i can toss in (for free!) instructions in on how to build one. unfortunately for me, though, you do have to hit 88mph to get it to activate. i suspect that, had i been able to do so, i would have finished the race with a bike portion time of 0.00001 seconds. would have been the most field-crushing performance ever!

seriously though, the trunk bag that's on there is an arkel tail rider, and it's one of the best trunk bags that money can buy. i can't say enough good things about it. huge storage capacity, excellent water-resistant qualities in the material, plus a built-in waterproof shell that you can pull over the entire bag if a true downpour starts.

i'm not selling it because i'm using it on my new bike, but it's one of the reasons why training with a rear rack is so worthwhile. after all, who cares about speed when you're training with hr or power?
Last edited by: tegra: Sep 25, 14 8:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you still have the POC DO Blade?
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [burnE14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
groupset and wheels have been sold. frameset+extras is now the only remaining piece of the bike remaining.

all other items haven't been sold.

reduced price on the fsa seatpost - now at $120, or $100 if purchased with the frameset+extras.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello. Is the Casserole frameset still available? I am interested. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [work-to-ride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, still available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great sounding frame, but after triple reading the description, the frame is a bit small. My apology. Sorry for the false alarm. Still, good looking ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to see in the photo but it looks like the frame takes centrebolt mount brake caliper only? I'm wanting a Casseroll frame but with cantilever mounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi There!

Is the Giro Selector still available?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which year is the frameset?

No canti posts?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the selector still for sale?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning. Do you still have the POc sunglasses? CAn you do $150 shipped to FPO,AP 96379? Is there a case? I can pay gift via PayPal so you should have no fees. Thanks
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: salsa casseroll w/ 11s chorus; giro selector helmet; poc do blade sunglasses; fsa k-force light and thomson elite seatposts [nago1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
already sold for $160+shipping, sorry!
Quote Reply