Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: new 2015 Lake CX 402 road shoes, 44 Wide, last pair anywhere in the US
Quote | Reply
FS: Lake CX 402, 44 Wides. these were for a team riders, just a bit too big. they are Lake's CX402 heat moldable top of the line road shoe. They are brand new taken out of the basement. they are near perfect, just have small marks for the metatarsal on each shoe, not very noticeable if at all, and you will probably want to mark them yourself as well to get cleat fitment perfect. .
They are awesome for those want wider shoes but not crazy wide like the CX237s.
They are considered by many to be the most comfortable shoe on the planet.
You can heat mold the carbon tub/base to fit the contours of your feet. And the arch support is amazing.
Standing in them,they feel stiff. Once you mount the pedals and you are on top of the cleat, they disappear like a slipper.
There are many reviews out there on them, and virtually everyone says the same thing: most comfortable nicest shoe on the planet.

Just pricey. $540 retail. Selling these at our team price of $300.00 shipped in the USA.

First to advise, first to own.
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/...ts/72157652694589073

they were just worn inside for fitting and an indoor training session. THey have a dot or hash mark on each side where our team fitter puts the mark for the metarsal button. you can rub this off, but we didnt want to use anything thtat could damage the leather.

Like gloves for your feet, the Lake CX402 Men’s Shoes bring custom fit to the cycling masses. Lake begins by using kangaroo leather to construct the uppers. Known for its suppleness and durability, the leather is combined with mesh panels and perforations to increase airflow and keep your feet cool. These shoes only get better with time.
And while comfortable uppers are a must for long hours in the saddle, those long hours will be excruciating without a sole that optimizes power transfer. Lake places the kangaroo uppers on its Custom Fit carbon fiber sole. The soles are heat moldable so that every inch of your feet is supported. The carbon fiber provides a stiff platform to transfer power straight to the pedals.
Two Boa closures wrap the shoes around your feet. They are individually adjustable to secure your heel while decreasing pressure on your forefoot. Combined with the heat-molded soles, you won’t need to crank down on the closures to keep your feet in your shoes.
  • Kangaroo leather with perforated leather lining
  • Custom Fit heat moldable carbon fiber sole
  • Dual Boa closures
  • 3-hole road cleat compatibility
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trademanageracing/sets/72157652694589073
Last edited by: spgtwice: Jul 9, 15 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: FS: new 2015 Lake CX 402 road shoes, 44 Wide, last pair anywhere in the US [spgtwice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who asked, these shoes have the stock OEM lake insoles in them, as these have the carbon moldable base which has a reasonable arch and arch support to begin with. So you may not need any additional insert arch support.
These are the 44 White WIDE which is i believe 6 mm wider than the non-wide versions. Very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: new 2015 Lake CX 402 road shoes, 44 Wide, last pair anywhere in the US [spgtwice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to answer a few more questions: the leather is kangaroo leather so its ultra-soft and has that pillowy soft feel to it. very very nice. stretches nicely but really lasts well.
the carbon sole is incredible and helps with arch support and is moldable. there are about 1/2 dozen reviews on the shoes out there, and just about all are raving positive.
someone asked about relative fit. i would consider these basically a 44 specialized (wide) or a giro 44.5 in size. They are pretty much standard fitting.

Bump in price. asking $220 shipped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If these are available I'll be thrilled to buy them.
I ride with CX237 44 wide's and they are fantastic.
Let me know details please.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: new 2015 Lake CX 402 road shoes, 44 Wide, last pair anywhere in the US [geo3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I jumped the gun - thought I read "black" when it clearly said white - apologize.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still avail?
Quote Reply