Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fs: carbon look kg451 -price reduced even further!
Quote | Reply
[[updated nov 23: price has been reduced to $1250 canadian + shipping (that's almost $1000 USD on the nose).]

this is a 57cm carbon look kg451. it should fit people sized 5'10" to 6'2". it was purchased for just over $3000 in april 2006 and has been ridden for 2.5 seasons. it comes with 9 speed ultegra, ksyrium elite wheels, a brand new fsa sl-k light crank, a selle italia flite saddle, and itm ergo drop bars. you'll get two stems with the bike, out of the following selection: 80mm, 90mm, 100mm (not pictured below), 110mm, 130mm. you get two seatposts with this bike (both are included): a WOODman (carbon) 25mm setback seatpost that came with the bike, and a thomson elite (aluminium) zero setback seatpost for tri positioning. beyond that, there is 3.5cm of spacers on the fork. accessories include a hand pump and a basic wireless computer.

this bike has been well maintained with regular tune-ups done by the cyclery, and has just recently undergone a full overhawl (new cables, housing, tune-up - total $130).

several of the items on the bike are upgrades. they are as followed:

1. ksyrium elite wheels: the bike originally came with xero xr3 wheels (~$300 MSRP). i upgraded to ksyrium elites (they were on sale for $570 tax-in; normally $820+tax). these wheels have been used for 1.5 seasons.

2. rear derailleur: new 10sp derailleur replaced the old 9sp rd in june. it works well with the 9 speed shifters. if you buy some 10 speed shifters, you'll be set with a 10sp system. chain + casette were replaced at the same time. all these parts have seen 600km of use, tops.

3. crankset: the crankset is a 100% new, unused fsa sl-k light crank + bb, 130mm bcd with 53/39 rings.

4. thomson elite seatpost: this is a zero setback seatpost to provide you with extra saddle position options. i got the seatpost for $130 tax-in. i used this seatpost for one season.

5. selle italia flite gel saddle: the bike came with a magnesium-railed selle italia trans am - pretty much, a $40 saddle. i recently upgraded to a black selle italia flite gel w/ titanium rails. it was being used on my commuter, so it has seen about 900km of use.

in total, the upgrades are worth about ~$700.

some paint has chipped away on the downtube. the piece of plastic at the entrance of the internal cabling along the top-tube has been taped in place. (see pictures)

i stopped riding this bike in mid-july as i purchased a new bike. as a result, i no longer ride the look. it makes no sense to keep such a nice bike just so that i can use it as a rain bike.

if you are interested, i am willing to include some time rxs pedals + completely unused cleats for $40 extra (cost me $140).

this bike has never been crashed.

price: $1650, $1690 including pedals. all prices in canadian dollars.

located in ottawa, ontario. you pay for shipping. will ship via canada post.

pictures can be found here: http://s14.photobucket.com/.../a346/tegranom/look/
Last edited by: tegra: Dec 14, 08 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: fs: carbon look kg451 [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
le bump.
Quote Reply
Re: fs: carbon look kg451 [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Easy to insert. Bump for a fellow oldish Look owner (still riding my 2003 kg381 Jalabert Edition and love it)
Quote Reply
Re: fs: carbon look kg451 -price reduced! [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
price is now $1500+shipping CAD, $1540+shipping with the time rxs pedals.
Last edited by: tegra: Sep 13, 08 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would consider parting out? I'm interested in the crankset.

bike-diaries.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: fs: carbon look kg451 -price reduced! [TD_CBCS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, nope... i am either selling the whole bike or keeping it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
final bump!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for a price reduction down to $1250 canadian.
Quote Reply