Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels)
Quote | Reply
edit (april 24): sale's off, sorry folks! this is getting too complicated and many people want lower prices on their items (i can't say i blame them - i like to haggle too!). i have no need to sell these components, so i'm going to hold onto them :)

thanks for your interest - best of luck finding the components you need elsewhere (hopefully at cheaper prices)!
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 24, 10 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale [mgmoehn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, mgmoehn wants the grouppo w/ ultegra cassette minus a crankset.

so if someone wants to take one (or both) cranksets off my hands, then i'd be down with that.

note, though, that the full groupset is still for sale. if someone wants to take it off my hands for the prices listed in my original post, that works for me too.

fyi:

both cranksets come with a bottom bracket. the used ultegra crank comes with a used ultegra bb, and the r700 crankset comes with a new ultegra bb.

as well, i forgot to specify in my original post that the length for both cranks is 172.5mm.

prices:
-used ultegra compact crankset + bb: $70 shipped
-new r700 compact crankset + bb: $100 shipped
-new dura-ace 7900 cassette: $120 shipped

i'm well aware that the ultegra compact crankset is now only $30 less than the new r700 crankset, but shipping cost on both items will be a substantial portion of both items' costs. sorry.

on that note, if you want to buy more than one item, take $20 off the total price for each additional item.

e.g., if you want to buy both cranksets + bottom brackets, that would be $150. if you add in the da7900 cassette, the total would be $250. if you want to buy the r700 crank + bb + da7900 cassette, the price would be $200.

p.s.: i'll take some pictures sometime tonight or tomorrow.
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 20, 10 9:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok, the da7900 cassette has been reserved by another buyer pending the sale of the rest of this stuff.

i still want to sell one of the cranksets before i commit to finishing the sale off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aiiight, mgmoehn has found a deal on a complete bike and no longer needs the parts, so ignore the post about selling the crankset(s) separately unless another buyer comes along looking to scoop up everything minus the cranksets.
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 20, 10 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would you be willing to sell the 12-23 ultegra cassette separate from the kit? if so, how much?

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale [teamsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my primary goal is to sell the gruppo, so i'll only part it out if someone comes along asking to buy the gruppo minus the ultegra cassette.

sorry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for someone who needs the gruppo minus the Ultegra crankset, which I would take.

Rather than look back and say "why?", look forward and say "why not?!"
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale [twack26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont see a price for the group set w/out crank....from what I see, its 670 w/ crank.....

sorry if I misread.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale [cusetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're right, cusetri, but i suppose i'd sell the group (with ultegra cassette) for $615 without a crank (i'll be shipping items to 2 people, and i need to recover some of that shipping cost).

but i'm going to need to hold off selling a crank until i have a buyer lined up for the rest of the group :)
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 21, 10 5:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be willing to add onto the $70 for the Ultegra crankset to help defer the cost of shipping if someone is interested in the remainder of the group.

Are there pics of the crankset? email them to twack26@Hotmail.com, pretty please.

Rather than look back and say "why?", look forward and say "why not?!"
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale [twack26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't find my camera, BUT i am meeting up with a friend in about 3 hours for dinner, and he has a camera, so i'll be able to take pictures then.

i'll send them to your email, and i'll be posting them in the thread here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pics
crankset - pic1, pic2, pic3, pic4
front derailleur - pic5, pic6 (the front derailleur is a braze-on deraillauer - it's attached to an adapter clamp on this bike)
rear derailleur - pic7, pic8
shifters - pic9, pic10
brakes - pic11, pic12, pic13, pic14, pic15

unfortunately, i didn't bring the two cassettes or the crankset with me. they are all NIB. if you want, i can take a youtube video to show that i actually have them, but there's no use on them.

also, i'm going to throw a new black anodized cassette lock ring made by token in with the gruppo for free (i stumbled on it while rummaging through my spare parts bin today). both of the cassettes come with their own lock rings, but they're silver rather than black. might add a little bling to your bike :)
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 21, 10 21:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahoy,

someone has expressed interest in only buying the ultegra RD and the ultegra cassette. someone else has expressed interest in buying the ultegra cassette. a third buyer has expressed interest in the da7900 cassette.

is anyone interested in buying the da fd, shifters, 12t lockring, da brake calipers, and possibly the r700 crank?

that's a really weird mishmash of components, but *shrugs* what can i say :P

as it turns out, i don't have a new chain lying around, so that's not going to be included in any sale (and also results in a concomitant reduction in price for the complete "groupset").

but anyway, if there's anyone who is interested in buying the above mentioned parts, let me know and we'll start working out a price.
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 23, 10 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels) [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the Ultegra Compact Crankset? If so, I'm interested. Sending PM.
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels) [johnandkristy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twack26 is first in line for it, but if somehow i end up lining up buyers for everything and he decides not to buy it, you'll be next in line for it :)

also, i do have a new r700 compact crank + bb for sale. let me know if you'd like me to reserve it for you.
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 23, 10 10:47
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels) [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent on R700 crank and BB.
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels) [johnandkristy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on the price i would am interested in the da shifters, and possibly the da fd. Any thoughts on what you want for them?

Thanks,
Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the R700 Crankset and BB. PM sent.
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels) [jweller007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alright, since it seems like i'm basically going to end up parting the whole gruppo out, i'll post up some prices, but they don't include shipping.

basically i was looking at clearing about $580 after shipping with the basic $630 groupset (ultegra crank+bb & ultegra cassette) - in other words, i was figuring on about $50 in shipping.

i have no idea how attractive these items are @ these prices given that the more broken up the groupset is, the higher the shipping costs.

shifters = $260
fd = $40
rd = $60
cassette = $60
ultegra crank+bb = $60
brakes = $100

note again that these prices do not include shipping.

[edit]pfft: i have no idea why i thought shipping would be $30 for either of the crankset. shipping for the crankset should only be ~$17 according to canadapost's website. i don't know why i thought it was so much.

as to the two guys asking about a) the fd + shifters; and b) the rd + ultegra cassette, the shipping costs for you guys shouldn't be very high (~$10) as i should be able to keep the weight under 1kg (once weight goes above that, shipping rates go up fast).

as a final note, i'm firm on these prices. i'm not in a rush to sell these parts, and i don't really need to. switching over to a campy athena groupset is a want, so if i can't cover a substantial portion of the cost of switching over, i won't do it.

sorry if i sound aggressive or something, that's not my intention. i just personally like to haggle when buying stuff, and i know others do as well, but in this case i'm not in for some haggling, sorry!

and for those of you who like haggling, some comic relief: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA :)
Last edited by: tegra: Apr 23, 10 17:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for this at $40.

front derailleur: dura-ace (1.5 season of use)

larrybradleytoronto@yahoo.ca

Thanks,
Larry
Quote Reply
Re: feeler: mixed da/ultegra gruppo for sale (ADDED: ultegra hubs/open pro wheels) [shaggytour2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jason's ahead of you in line for the fd, but he should be getting back to me tomorrow about whether or not he wants it.

i'll let you know what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey folks,

sale's off, sorry. this is getting too complicated and many people want lower prices on their items (i can't say i blame them - i like to haggle too!). i have no need to sell these components, so i won't.

thanks for your interest!
Quote Reply