Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by JP
Last edited by: JP: Feb 14, 11 3:59
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Zipp Vuka, Felt B2, Speedplay Zeros and more [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Zipp Vuka, Felt B2, Speedplay Zeros and more [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm on computrainer

5 X Ironman Finisher
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Vision FSA, Speedplay Zeros and more [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in Computrainer if the pm above falls through let me know
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Vision FSA, Speedplay Zeros and more [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would u be willing to sell IMCanada realcoirse video?

Quote | Reply
PM sent on the Fizik saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pm sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All PM's responded to, post updated to remove sold items and to reduce prices!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pm sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my fellow ST'ers:

I sent JP $2000 for the wheel set, tires, and skewers listed on this ad on Feb 17, 2011 via paypal. On 5/17 (NINETY DAYS LATER) the package arrived. I was charged shipping costs by UPS in the amount of $85 dollars to receive the package. Also, the skewers listed in the ad were not included in the box. I emailed JP about this and he basically said tough luck. The wheels were in good condition so that is good.

Although I am enormously relieved to actually receive these wheels, future buyers should be aware and use caution. JP asked me to paypal the money as a gift to avoid fees. I did it but in hindsight that was stupid because it left me with no protection from paypal. JP is in Canada which I was not aware of prior to the purchase which must have played some role in the shipping issues and the extra shipping costs he stuck me with. He claims to have had the package returned once and had to ship them again. However, he was unable or unwilling to provide ANY tracking information until 5/14/11 which showed the package to have been originally shipped on 5/6/11. JP did communicate with me throughout this saga but I had no recourse to actually resolve this, I was simply told "next week" over and over. I am pretty sure if this package was lost in the mail I would have been the only one to pay the price.

It is not my intent to slander anyone, I am simply reporting facts. Buyer beware.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Vision FSA, Speedplay Zeros and more [axjms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice move... I've probably done over 100 transaction on ST with no issues, your package was delayed which was completely out of my control, I kept in contact with you the entire time to chase it down with the courier and responded to every email within a couple of hours, I told you from the start I was in Canada, I have the PM and email history to prove it and was willing all along to provide you a full refund when the wheels never showed when they were expected to. In addition to that, you blame me for brokerage fees of which I have no control over and send me an email asking me to reimburse you for those fees which I can't do, you also claim that there are no skewers included which I know I packed and I even threw in extra parts for you... why would I scam you out of a set of 40 dollar skewers...get real. Send the wheels back and I'd gladly issue you a full refund and you can then submit a claim with UPS to refund your brokerage fees. You should be happy you only got charged 80 dollars on a set of Zipps... I just paid 170 duty on a 400 dollar bike box and I'm not running off to the person I bought it from demanding they send me the money.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Vision FSA, Speedplay Zeros and more [axjms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've bought items from Jason before without issue. In fact he was quite pleasant & helpful.

Not sure what happened with your specific experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Vision FSA, Speedplay Zeros and more [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont have a problem with him personally although I am sure he does with me at this point. It also seems he has sold lots of items without incident. I simply felt like I should report the facts regarding my purchasing experience. Take it or leave it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both bought and sold to JP without issue. Items better than expected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Canada video off of Jason. Though I did not load it on the computer yet Jason made sure The registration was wiped clean so it would work. It had to take a few phone calls to CT to get done. He would not sell it to me till he was sure.

Quote | Reply
axjms wrote:
For my fellow ST'ers:

I sent JP $2000 for the wheel set, tires, and skewers listed on this ad on Feb 17, 2011 via paypal. On 5/17 (NINETY DAYS LATER) the package arrived. I was charged shipping costs by UPS in the amount of $85 dollars to receive the package. Also, the skewers listed in the ad were not included in the box. I emailed JP about this and he basically said tough luck. The wheels were in good condition so that is good.

Although I am enormously relieved to actually receive these wheels, future buyers should be aware and use caution. JP asked me to paypal the money as a gift to avoid fees. I did it but in hindsight that was stupid because it left me with no protection from paypal. JP is in Canada which I was not aware of prior to the purchase which must have played some role in the shipping issues and the extra shipping costs he stuck me with. He claims to have had the package returned once and had to ship them again. However, he was unable or unwilling to provide ANY tracking information until 5/14/11 which showed the package to have been originally shipped on 5/6/11. JP did communicate with me throughout this saga but I had no recourse to actually resolve this, I was simply told "next week" over and over. I am pretty sure if this package was lost in the mail I would have been the only one to pay the price.

It is not my intent to slander anyone, I am simply reporting facts. Buyer beware.

Before anybody else blasts axjms, I figure I'd chime in.

I had a similar experience a while ago. It took over a month to receive a disk wheel from JP, and then I was hit with a $90 brokerage fee.

That being said, I don't fault JP for this at all. I had never bought something from another country before, and after that experience, I probably won't again. It was a frustrating situation, but I did receive a nice wheel, and Jason was great with the communication.

Bottom line, if you need it fast, and don't want to pay brokerage fees, you may want to keep looking. Other than that, Jason is a good seller.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Sub 9/808 combo, Computrainer, Vision FSA, Speedplay Zeros and more [surfslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfslacker wrote:
Before anybody else blasts axjms, I figure I'd chime in.

I had a similar experience a while ago. It took over a month to receive a disk wheel from JP, and then I was hit with a $90 brokerage fee.

That being said, I don't fault JP for this at all. I had never bought something from another country before, and after that experience, I probably won't again. It was a frustrating situation, but I did receive a nice wheel, and Jason was great with the communication.

Bottom line, if you need it fast, and don't want to pay brokerage fees, you may want to keep looking for something in your own country. Other than that, Jason is a good seller.
Last edited by: Green_Lightning: May 18, 11 21:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add one more data point. I bought some stuff from him and it went very smoothly.
The stuff was as described, in good condition and he was responsive.
If he was selling something else I wanted I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...

I just logged on for the first time and am overwhelmed at the response from everyone I've dealt with. Thanks very much for posting your positive experiences, it really means a lot after getting falsely called out on the board for something that was out of my control... I am however guilty of not deleting my items once they have been sold... sorry :)

JP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shipping can be far from reliable these days.

For the record I can be binge and purge on eBay as a side way to make money, and when I am gung ho on there, I can push through around $35-$40K in sales and have shipped pretty much everywhere, and with the weak US dollar, most of my sales are international. I have had mixed luck with ALL Carriers.

A month ago USPS Rerouted one of my packages. I thought there may have been a change of address, the buyer said no, and after bouncing around, thankfully it arrived... BUT... And this is the scary part... my "tracking number" was still active, somehow got forwarded to an APO dispatch and as far as the USPS is concerned it was last seen in New Jersey and was still in route. That status was a week after the buyer confirmed they received the item and left feedback.

Last month I had a person from Iowa ship me an item, they gave me a UPS tracking number for which there were TWO entries. I was concerned when I checked both and saw one had been delivered to Texas and the other destined for Chicago, which eventually wound up to me... But one tracking number with two different packages?

I have had items sit in customs between the US and Canada for upto 6 weeks... and you want sweating, it is if PayPal is going to do a chargeback and then the item gets released so the buyer gets both their money and the item.

I have had items get kicked back, dropped them back off and had the "original history" erased. This seems to happen sometimes when the item is re-shipped from the same location.

Longest transaction... 2 years. Item sent to Germany, took four weeks by Priority International, held up in customs, person was then on vacation, went into undeliverable status and got returned... The funny thing is I had paper work from Italy, Spain, France and England as this package took the scenic route before the slow boat back.
Quote Reply