Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanted: Zipp 3000 Front / FS Rear 3000
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to pair up my recently acquired Zipp 3000 rear wheel with a front (tubular, 700c, black) wheel if someone has one lying around. It seems like these wheels are very difficult
to find as a wheelset but it would really look amazing on a retro build Zipp 2001.

Otherwise I'd consider selling the rear wheel if someone has a similar project in mind.

Thanks.

" Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. - Enzo Ferrari "
Last edited by: Smoiniye: Oct 24, 10 15:08
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: Zipp 3000 Front / FS Rear 3000 [Smoiniye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Someone has to have one of these wheels collecting dust in there garage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more bump.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2034522367.html

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: Zipp 3000 Front / FS Rear 3000 [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks. I noticed he finally reduced his price (originally asking $600) but it's still very optimistic for a single wheel. Also I
need a gloss black wheel or something cheaper enough that I could repaint to gloss black. Here is a photo of the wheel
on my bike for more motivation... I didn't realize the Spinergys look so dated despite being newer than 3000s.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is a cosmetic issue that is one thing, but if you are doing it for speed.....Spinergy is my take. My Rev X's were the fastest damn wheels I have ever owned. I can't explain it, but damn they just felt so fast, set tons of PR's on them. Once I heard about the wheels coming apart though i sold them, just scared me to death.

That frame is fast as shit, I would take it as is and race the crap out of it if it fits ya!
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: Zipp 3000 Front / FS Rear 3000 [NoTam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If this is a cosmetic issue that is one thing, but if you are doing it for speed.....Spinergy is my take. My Rev X's were the fastest damn wheels I have ever owned. I can't explain it, but damn they just felt so fast, set tons of PR's on them. Once I heard about the wheels coming apart though i sold them, just scared me to death.

That frame is fast as shit, I would take it as is and race the crap out of it if it fits ya!

Not sure how much better the Zipp 3000s test compared to the Spinergy Rev Xs but both seem to be nice wheelsets despite their age. Of course the Rev Xs are known for catastrophic failure but I haven't done much more than a few TTs and commuting on the bike. Eitherway, the frame really looks great with tri-spokes, hopefully I can find a matching set in the near future.

Quote Reply