Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanted: 650 front forks
Quote | Reply
My fiance purchased a used bike last year and when it came to to adjust her fit we discovered that the forks had been cut and the extender used by the last owner wasn't all that safe. We're now looking for a new set of front forks, but having a hard time finding some.

The bike shop told me that we need....

-front forks for a 650 wheel
-the steering tube (I think that's the term) needs to be threadless and a 1" diameter, not 1&1/8 which is what is most commonly available nowadays.

The bike is an old model Quintana Roo, but I have no idea what year or model.

Anyone have what we're looking for?
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: 650 front forks [Jason B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should probably specify how many forks you want to buy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much steer tube do you need? i have a few 650 1" threadless forks. one is an reynolds ouzo pro but it was on a P3 so there's not a lot of steer tube left. the other one is a stock cervelo fork that i replaced. the reynolds is just sitting and taking up space so i'd make you a sweet deal if the steer tube will work for you.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon 650c fork with a 1" threadless, long steerer tube as well as a Trek Carbonaero 650c fork, 1" steerer tube, also long, for sale. They are both brand new. $50 for either one plus shipping in the continental US. PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: 650 front forks [hammertime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Hammertime.

I sent you a PM. If the Reynolds isn't cut I'd be interested in buying it. Check the PM and let me know if we can sort out the arrangements.

Jason
Quote Reply