Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTT/WTB for sram red parts
Quote | Reply
Sort of a long shot, but I have quite a few parts which I need to get rid of. I really don't do as many triathlons as I would like, so I am going to work on the road bike.

I have the following:
sold - Sram carbon TT shifters
Sram carbon TT brake levers
sold - Hed vantage 8 aerobar with carbon s-bend extensions, base bar used
^- The shifters/brake levers/extensions were screwed in to the aerobar ready for installation, but I ended up never mounting anything. The shifters, brake levers, and extensions were never used.

cervelo carbon dual position seat post for soloist carbon, some rubbing at the last inch, otherwise no marks.
spiuk kronos helmet - practically new. I bought it off someone who used it for 1 IM.

2 used saddles: selle italia slr XP & fizik arione tri2

I'm looking for the following to buy/trade for:
Sram red cassette (11-25(preferred) or 11-26). If used, around or less than 200mi.
Sram red rear derailleur
Sram red cranks 170mm or 172.5mm regular sized.

I'd prefer trades, but please make me an offer for anything I have for trade. I'm also willing to throw in a few $ to make any trade more fair. If you have anything I am looking for and are looking to sell, let me know too! I can take pictures, but not for a few days (until I can manage to borrow a camera).
Last edited by: daryl1: May 14, 09 10:16
Quote Reply
Re: WTT for sram red parts/pedals [daryl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you cant sell the sram carbon tt shifter, PM me the price.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT for sram red parts/pedals [dainese51] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do, I think I am going to stop looking specifically for trades on tuesday. I'll let you know by then.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT for sram red parts/look keo carbon pedals [daryl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What year are the TT shifters 08 or 09 as there was a very slight design change? If they are the newest version I would also be interested if the first poster passes.

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: WTT for sram red parts/look keo carbon pedals [i do all 3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not really sure what year they are, though I did buy them just a month or so ago. I looked up the part number printed on the box and it is 00.7015.069.000, theres also a sticker that says "23T70024866 Made in Taiwan"

I looked the part number up in google and came up with this: https://www.universalcycles.com/...309&category=162 though I am still not sure what year they are. The UPC number is 710845504785, which doesnt seem to give much of a hint as to its year either. I'm stumped!

Just to add, it looks like this site has the same shifters (UPC and that long funny sequence of numbers match): https://www.ebikestop.com/...ifter_set-LD4505.php
Last edited by: daryl1: May 10, 09 16:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious, what exactly was changed between the 08 and 09 model??
Quote Reply
Re: WTT for sram red parts/look keo carbon pedals [rmcboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll do my best to explain however pictures are worth a thousand words.

Where there is the insertion hole for the cable on the TT shifters, only for the front derailleur, if you were to push the lever all the way down it can kink the cable and over time when you go to move into the big chain ring the cable will snap right at the silver plug at the end of the cable.

What SRAM has done is to move the hole more forward to alleviate this issue. Really it is not a big issue one just has to be cognizant not to crank the front derailleur TT lever all the way down, set you levers more at the 45 degree angle with the cable tension.

Hope this explains it clear enough.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I can try to identify it with this description. I will let you know as soon as I have the chance to examine them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll do my best to explain however pictures are worth a thousand words.

Where there is the insertion hole for the cable on the TT shifters, only for the front derailleur, if you were to push the lever all the way down it can kink the cable and over time when you go to move into the big chain ring the cable will snap right at the silver plug at the end of the cable.

What SRAM has done is to move the hole more forward to alleviate this issue. Really it is not a big issue one just has to be cognizant not to crank the front derailleur TT lever all the way down, set you levers more at the 45 degree angle with the cable tension.

Hope this explains it clear enough.
So I just got a chance to test them out. By kink do you mean the cable gets pinched down between the end of the cable guide and the piece of metal that forms the exit hole? If so, it is the older model. If not, I'm still confused! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is correct, your not confused :)

And just to clarify there is absolutely nothing wrong with these TT shifters they are awesome.........

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm taking cash offers now for everything, please pm me :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump :)
Quote Reply
Re: WTT/WTB for sram red parts [daryl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 172.5 mm SRAM Red, 53/39 Crankset + Ceramic GXP BB. one-season. Great shape.
$250 for crank + ceramic BB.

PM or call 303.709.4899

Kirk and Charity
IBB Cyclery & Multisport - Fitting and Custom Spec Build Experts
Brands: Argon 18 - Cervelo - Orbea -
Quintana Roo
- 3T - Enve - Rotor - ISM - Schwalbe - I9 - Speedplay - Lake - Infinit - Zipp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bars rec'd. Awesome guy to deal with. Free bump for ya.
Quote Reply