Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTT: PT SL/Bonty X-Lite Aero wheelset for Computrainer
Quote | Reply
Seeing if there is any interest out there. I've got a F & R Powertap hub Bontrager X-Lite Aero wheelset. This is the SL wired version (carbon/ALU hub). I have 2 harnesses, computer, HR strap, usb cradle. Front wheel was replaced under warranty less than a year ago. Rear is only 2 years old. Have never had problems with the PT hub. Wheels are true and in good shape except for a small dent in the rear rim. This is not on the braking surface and has not affected the trueness of the wheel over the few thousand miles of riding since the dent occurred. This is a very fast and durable wheelset. Shimano freehub.

I'm looking to trade for a Computrainer within a few years old.
Last edited by: bhauser: Oct 17, 08 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: PT SL/Bonty X-Lite Aero wheelset for Computrainer [bhauser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: PT SL/Bonty X-Lite Aero wheelset for Computrainer [bhauser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump - still interested in a trade...take your power outside!! Can send pics if needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
still looking for a trade.....anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any interest in trading for a Tacx Cosmos?

New head unit as of August 2008.

Excellent condition.

Cheers,
Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: PT SL/Bonty X-Lite Aero wheelset for Computrainer [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe....how old is the trainer unit itself? I'll need to brush up on the Tacx - I'm not as familiar with it. If there's any significant similarities/differences you'd like to point out between that and the CT, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trainer was new in Fall 2007 (purchased in March 2007, but not pulled out of the box until September 2007).

The Cosmos is the standalone head unit (no PC required to operate it). It can be adjusted to run Virtual Reality videos, but the real value is the fact that you do NOT need to hook up to a PC to run complex interval workouts. It can store something like 350 hours of training in its memory before you need to download the workouts to a PC for analysis.

I think it has pluses and minuses compared to a CT.

Pluses: Standalone unit with upload/download capability. Better resistance unit than CT (allows very low RPM/High Power workouts). Uses USB vice Serial Port (I think this makes it a bit more up to date). If you add the VR adaptor, the video/VR is superior to CT.

Minuses: No SpinScan... That a CT differentiator. A smaller U.S.-based group of people trading courses.

Cheers,
Jonathan C. Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: PT SL/Bonty X-Lite Aero wheelset for Computrainer [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I've got an 8 hr plane ride this evening to ponder my decision. I'll let you know one way or another in the next day or two.

Thanks,
Brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Jonathan....didn't give you the answer I told you I was going to give. I think I want to stick with a Computrainer vs. a Tacx.
Quote Reply