Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: SUPER CHEAP SET OF RACING WHEELS
Quote | Reply
Where can I find a super cheap set of racing wheels? I have seen some older specialized Tri spoke wheels go for like $400 a set, does anyone know of a deal similar? I am only looking to spend around $400. Do I have any options? Older is more than ok for me.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: SUPER CHEAP SET OF RACING WHEELS [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a specialized tri-spoke for the front $200+$50 for new bearings/installation (smooth as silk now!) and bought a wheel cover for the back for $80. I've noticed a significant improvements on my bike times since making this change. My new PB on a 20Km TT is almost 1 min fast than before the wheel change.

This would certainly get you super cheap racing wheels under $400. Good luck in your search!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: SUPER CHEAP SET OF RACING WHEELS [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Corima 4 spoke. I recently sold a set for 500 or so. They are really nice carbon aero wheels!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: SUPER CHEAP SET OF RACING WHEELS [longmojw190] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Corima vote...they are by far one of the biggest sleepers in wheels. Their hubs are on par with the heavy hitters too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a set of Bontrager Race XXX Lite wheels. they were $1500 back in 04. $500 plus shipping. less than 300 miles on them. i will send photos if you are interested.
Ron
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got an old HED disc 9/10 speed shimano and a zipp 440 front i'll sell you for $500. Both tubular with new tires, no cassett or skewers.
Quote Reply