Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB:Tri-Bike 54ish, 51 if Cervelo
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to get into a tri-bike, the MTB just isn't letting me lay down the kind of time I think I'm capable of.

My size is probably a 54 on most bikes, but I know if I pick up a Cervelo I should look for a 51. (I went to an e'ride a while back and they put me on 51s in the P3 and RS. Told me I'm "short legs, long torso."

I'm 5'8" or so, 30" stand over.

I'm actually hoping to buy a new bike in the next couple of months, but I'm jonesin' bad to get on something. Perhaps I could get some excellent bang for the buck on a used bike. Especially since the season is ending for so many people.

If you have something to let go of, shoot me a description and price and preferably pics as well.

I'm in St. Joseph MO, NW of Kansas City.

-eric
Quote Reply
Re: WTB:Tri-Bike 54ish, 51 if Cervelo [faded_memories] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I have the following frame posted in this forum:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=aloha;#2949780

It is a Fuji aloha cf2 frame with fork and seatposts. Similar to a Cervelo Soloist/S1, you can swap seatposts and use either as a road bike or a tri bike.
I think it could fit you, given you were fitted for a 51cm Cervelo.

Thanks,
Gil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,
I have a size small Kuota Kalibur on the St. Louis Craigslist w/pics. Mix of dura-ace, ultegra and 105 components. Your size, nice condition and the fastest bike at Kona! Look it up and let me know if you're interested. Price is negotiable based on the wheel package. Regards, Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there.
I have a BlackHawk Bikes Carbon TTR frame ~52/53 tt. and it is meant for someone with short legs/long torso...
Ultegra brakes and derailleurs, FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue Cranks, FSA chainrings, Vision Carbon bars with integrated Stem (uncut bars), Sram shifters, integrated cables... super aero tt bike.
The bike has been used for a few months, wheels for less than that.... new tubular tires on the wheels
Without wheels $1500 +shipping
If you're looking for race wheels.. complete setup for $2800 + shipping
Wheels= Bontrager Aeolus 6.5 carbon tubular + aero disc cover (with dura ace stickers)
Tubular tires= Vredestein Volante Pro TriComp Brand new

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify and simplify things:

I only have a MTB so far, no TT or Roadie, so I don't have any wheels. This means I would need an entire bike or a hell of a deal to make it worth me (as a complete newb) shopping for wheels separately.

Also I'm fishing for something at or under $1k or so for used. One bike I have been drooling over is the 2011 Felt B16. If I get up in the $2k range I'm pretty likely to just buy something new from a shop with warrantees, fitting help etc.

There are a lot of great bikes out there, but many are out of my price range and more than I need. The higher the price, the more I will be 'window' shopping as opposed to actually jumping on and buying immediately.

Thanks!
-eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are still searching I have a medium Giant Trinity for sale. Carbon and aluminum mix frame. Full ultegra, Bonty Aero race wheels, profile cockpit, and brand new Specialized tires and Fizik saddle. $1000. Let me know if you are interested

SUBU~Show Up Blow Up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2009 Valdora PHX that I would like to sell for $1200. You and I fit the same profile (long torso, short legs). I will post pics on my lunch break. In the mean time, here is Valdora's website and a picture of the bike being ridden by Daniel Bretscher:

http://www.valdoracycles.com/

Happy hunting,
tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 'ridden only 4 times' 51cm P3 cervelo. Honestly its basically a brand new frame. Absolutely no defects or scratches. I was planning on listing it today on ebay but if you are interested I will send pictures. The only reason I am not riding the bike is due to a new sponsorship deal so what that means is someone is going to get an amazing frame for a good price. I could even ship you some training wheels (for cheap).

PM me if interested and I'll send over all details.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by RedLizard [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: RedLizard: Oct 5, 10 11:49
Re: WTB:Tri-Bike 54ish, 51 if Cervelo [RedLizard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to jump in here too. I am looking for something very similar. My budget is $1000ish. I aleady have lots of wheels and saddles and pedals. I am looking for a TT frame/fork/drivetrain. I am 5'8 with 30" inseam.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB:Tri-Bike 54ish, 51 if Cervelo [thrillhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 54cm Felt S22 tri bike for sale. Used for several seasons, but in good shape and well maintained.

Derailleurs: Dura Ace 7700 9-speed
Crankset: FSA Carbon ISIS
Brakes: Cane Creek center pivot
Handlebars: Syntace basebar and Syntace Streamliners
Wheels: Alex ALX320
Seatpost: Felt carbon aero
Saddle: Masi stock
Rear mount bottle holder: Profile Design Aqua Rack

I would sell it for $800 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB:Tri-Bike 54ish, 51 if Cervelo [ultradstnc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the 51cm? If so please send pics to cww180@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: WTB:Tri-Bike 54ish, 51 if Cervelo [cww180] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a new bike FYI, so the original post is irrelevant now, but the rest of you can carry on!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike! I'm still looking for a 51cm Cervelo Tri bike if anybody know of any.
Quote Reply