Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tristuff4less Sale & Newsletter--Manic May
Quote | Reply
Tristuff4less.com Newsletter

Tristuff4less.com | email Tristuff4less.com |

Manic May: How to fit training in with a busy life.
I don’t know about all of you, but May has consistently been my busiest month. As a high school science teacher, it always is chalk full of activities and events. May is full of so many things: final exams, award assemblies, dance recitals, school finishing up, graduation, planning for next year, etc, etc. Trying to fit in time to train, ride, and just enjoy the outdoors is sometimes quite a challenge.
So how do you fit it all in? How do you find time to train for your events and still have a life? I wish I knew the total answer to that question, but for me it comes down to carving out little bits of time whenever I can find it. As I write this newsletter: It is 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday. I am doing this now because tomorrow is Mother’s Day and I want to give the day over to my wife Kris. Today I am going on a longish bike ride with a friend. We are doing that despite the threat of rain because this is the only time that my friend and I could do this. And these past few weeks I have been getting up at 4:30a.m. to get to the pool for a swim before starting work at 7 a.m. Of course this makes my body shut down at early each night. Last night I put in a movie and fell asleep at probably 8:15p.m.
Another thing that will help for those with limited time is to use your training time to is full potential. Build in some interval training into your workouts. Do shorter, more intense workouts instead of just the same stuff you have always done. (Note: If you do not have a base of fitness built up, starting with intervals is not a good idea).
I guess there are no easy answers to this. I do know that I love living the active life. Getting out and moving my body adds much to my life. It gives me energy, space, and a sense of connection to others. On runs, rides, and swims I find time to be contemplative, to consider the rest of my life and put it all into perspective. I do my best thinking during long solitary bike rides.
Well: that is all for now: Time to get ready for today’s bike ride.
Jon
Product Update
We just made a large purchase from 2XU. (Actually Kris did all of the work). Those items are scheduled to arrive early next week. Time permitting J we will be getting these on our website in the next couple of weeks. Remember that we try to be the lowest prices on the internet for your triathlon and cycling clothing needs. Please visit us when you are in need of triathlon and cycling clothing and accessories.

jon@tristuff4less.com

Specials: 10% off: Use the coupon code SPRING when you check out.

We also are now selling 2XU Wetsuits

Twitter Updates
    follow me on Twitter

Happy Training and Riding
    Jon
    jon@tristuff4less.com
    http://tristuff4less.com

</ P>

This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free Website Builder

Jon Bergmann
    http://jonbergmann.com
    Quote Reply