Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Temporary Race Tattoos
Quote | Reply
I have a printing company, and one of the products we sell is custom temporary tattoos.

With that said, I am bringing in a bunch of 2" x 2" tattoos ranging from #0-9 and going to package them up into race number packs. Each pack will contain a total of 200 tattoos (20 each number).

Pricing will be $38 (Canadian) per pack + shipping for a single pack, but can do larger volume discount orders if you wanted them for races (for the RD's out there), tri clubs, teams, etc.

Is there any interest in something like this? I know there are a couple companies doing it already, but there isn't much available (easily) in Canada anyways.

The tattoos are in black with a white border to help them stand out.
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary Race Tattoos [smoore89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tritats.com is $12.95 for a race. I have a hard time seeing people ordering a set of 200 stickers for $40. Plus folks who do this are typically the one and done bucket list type, so they're unlikely to see the 3-4 race breakeven point.

Plus tritats.com is an official partner with IM & they already offer a 200 pack for $35. I don't see your copy cat business taking off without lots of spend on targeted paid ads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a good idea for sure! I used to buy individual number tattoos from some place online. Not sure how much they were but they did come in handy!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for it! There is nothing new under the sun and there are multiples of everything. If this is what you want to do for your business, I think you should 100% do it. People use tri tats for all kinds of reasons. You might find that business to business would be your best market, rather than straight retail, but that is a huge reason to go for it! Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary Race Tattoos [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely don’t plan on making this some giant company, but there isn’t much available here north of the border.

If I sell enough throughout the season to cover an Ironman race entry (maybe a 70.3 is more realistic) and get people looking a little better for their finisherpix photos, I’ll be happy.

I also run a small local race series and planning on using the numbers for the youth athletes as well to make them feel a little more “pro”
Quote Reply