Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Foil 10 54cm Frame HMX Carbon DEAL but needs some parts
Quote | Reply
Up for sale is a like new scott foil 10 frame. This is the HMX carbon and is a size 54cm. Here is the deal with it. There was some peeling away from the carbon right around the entry to the seat post. (pictured) Now if you look at any of the 2012 foil frames they all have this and it is still fully functional. Anyway I bought the bike about 6 months ago and two months or so after riding it I noticed it and gave scott a call and they warrantied it for me. Therefore this frame is no longer covered under warranty. There are also a few pieces missing (the cable guides specific to the foil as well as part of the headset and seat camp) I reached out to scott when I decided to try to get rid of this and they said that if you contact them they should give you the parts for free. So with all this said I would like to get $1000 OBO out of the frame. It has been kept in amazing condition and probably has less than 200 miles on it. Let me know if you have any questions.

ps. there is no slipping in the seat post

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Foil 10 54cm Frame HMX Carbon DEAL but needs some parts [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick question- when you say you warrantied it does that mean they fixed the seat post entry or is this a new frame? Also curious to what happened to the parts...

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Foil 10 54cm Frame HMX Carbon DEAL but needs some parts [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they sent you a new frame and didn't make you destroy this one?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Foil 10 54cm Frame HMX Carbon DEAL but needs some parts [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sent me a new frame which I am currently riding this is the frame with the defects. It happened over a year ago and they never asked for the frame back. This has just been sitting around my house and somehow I lost most if the parts to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Foil 10 54cm Frame HMX Carbon DEAL but needs some parts [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No this happened over a year ago and they never asked for this one back nor for me to destroy it. I know I have seen others who have just kept riding the bike with this problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice, that's generous of them. Some of the other companies make you chop the frames in half.

I bet you'd get more $ out of it if you would collect the missing parts yourself...would be easier for you since you know what is missing, etc...
Quote Reply