Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sale Pending! Brand New 55cm Quintana Roo Tiphoon
Quote | Reply
This bike is brand new! I bought it from a local shop who needed to get rid of it, thinking it was the right size. I went for one test ride on it and it ended up being about 2 sizes too small!

This is a one-of-a-kind Ti-Phoon. It has a custom paint job (done by quintana roo) to match the 2008 Lucero Ti. It looks sweet! It's super stiff, very light (frame and fork is around 3lbs), and has no scratches!

Right now, R&A Cycles has this bike (without the custom paint job and an '05) on sale for $5795 for complete bike with ultegra. And the frameset for $2995!

This is what R&A has to say about it:
  • The Tiphoon's incredible ride quality and its unmatched stiffness-to-weight characteristics are made possible by the perfect combination of the cold-worked, 6Al/4V and 3Al/2.5V tubeset.
  • Minimal drag is achieved through the sophisticated wing-shaped aero tubes, the sleek internal cable routing, and the clever rear-entry dropout which allows you to tuck the rear wheel in tight to the seat tube (700c only).
  • System integration of our new carbon aero seatpost and Real Design Aero HP fork maximizes the aero performance of the new Tiphoon and reflects our commitment to the overall performance of the bike.
  • Out of the box, the Tiphoon is race-ready with the perfect compliment of components.

**Would like to sell without wheels, but if you need some i have some training wheels. I have some Mavic Ksyrium Equipe's, Mavic Open Pro's with Ti spokes, or some bontrager select aero's.

Option 1: First of all...I'd preferably like to sell as a frameset (frame, fork, seatpost)...

Build 2 Specs:

Frame: 6Al/4V and 3Al/2.5V aero titanium
Fork: Real Design Aero HP
Rims/Wheels: See above** (Mavic Ksyrium Equipe's, Mavic Open Pro's with Ti spokes, or some Bontrager Select Aero's)
Tires: Hutchinson Top Speed
Crankset: Shimano Ultegra SL 175mm
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7800
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 10-speed
Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace 7800 handlebar-end
Handlebars: Profile Design Carbon X Fully Integrated
Stem: Integrated
Brake Levers: Cane Creek 200TT
Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 7800
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR or Terry Fly
Seatpost: Real Design Carbon

MUST SELL!!!!!
MAKE OFFER!!!!!!

I need this to go ASAP because I have multiple races coming, have no bike, and need the money to get one!

PM me for pics because they aren't working for some reason!
Thanks in advance,
Dillon

"If you can talk, go harder!"

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Last edited by: tridill: Jun 8, 09 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Brand New Quintana Roo Tiphoon [tridill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to list the size; given that it was the wrong size for you, you don't want the next buyer to make the same mistake...

Re: FS: Brand New Quintana Roo Tiphoon [chewgl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what an idiot...I completely forgot!

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Brand New 55cm Quintana Roo Tiphoon [tridill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump ^^^^^

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Re: FS: MUST SELL MAKE OFFER!!! Brand New 55cm Quintana Roo Tiphoon [tridill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ANYONE??????

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Re: FS: MUST SELL MAKE OFFER!!! Brand New 55cm Quintana Roo Tiphoon [tridill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your height? Inseam? How much are you trying to get for the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: MUST SELL MAKE OFFER!!! Brand New 55cm Quintana Roo Tiphoon [dustinschadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6'2" with a 34 inch inseam

The reason I couldn't make it work is because my position isn't very aggressive and there was too much drop because I had the saddle so high, even with all the spacers and 2cm under the aerobar pads.

I'd take $2300 plus shipping for the complete bike (but would really like to sell without wheels!)

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply