Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLD: Zipp 606 Tubulars
Quote | Reply
Selling my race wheels as I got a Powertap over the winter and will be racing with power. These are 2007 Zipp 606 tubulars with Ultegra hubs and skewers. They are glued with Continental's. The front tire has one IM on it (IMFL 10) and the rear tire has two IM's on it (IMC 2010 and IMFL 2010). I bought the rims used and was told they had just under 200 miles on them. Since then I've put about 900 miles on them (3 IM's, 6 halfs, and 10 or so sprints). They''ll be shipped in the original Zipp boxes. No cassette.

Price = $1000.00 + shipping.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Last edited by: logella: Mar 27, 11 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Zipp 606 Tubulars [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good, but realistic price. I laugh each time I see a set of Zipp wheels being advertised on this site for more than $1500 (unless there is something unique about them, such as Fire Crest, etc.).
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Zipp 606 Tubulars [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I try to price things fairly whether I'm selling here or somewhere else. Bad karma to unnecessarily make an extra buck or two.

"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you located?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Zipp 606 Tubulars [adktriguy46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in The Woodlands, just outside of Houston.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone asked via PM if these were for Shimano or Campy. They had a Shimano cassette on them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are they Clydesdale builds? with 28 spokes on the front it looks like they might be.

i have a 'heavy' friend that might be interested.

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Zipp 606 Tubulars [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly I'm not the right person to ask as I'm the least technically observant about those kinds of things. But, if you or any other Zipp expert says that's what they are I'm not going to argue with it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just coun the number of spokes, that will tell you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure they are. I'm no expert though, I just know standard spoke counts are a lot closer to 20

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody take these before I take them to eBay.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Do you know if the decals are removable? It sounds stupid but the thing holding me up is that the red won't go with my bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not stupid at all. I bot a new bike last summer and briefly thought about replacing the stickers for the very same reason. I just never got around to it.

To answer your question, yes, they are the removable decals. Below is the link to a Zipp support page. One of the questions towards the bottom is how to remove the decals.

http://www.zipp.com/support/faq/faq.php

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bringing these back to the top as a potential buyer has apparently backed out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Zipp 606 Tubulars [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheels are worth what people are willing to pay for them. The problem comes up that many people who buy and sell Zipp wheels have no clue what they are selling and buying. This creates an environment of misinformation and that becomes either fact or misleading at best and then we have transactions made on prices based on prices that are not realistic. Then we have others who look at those prices but they are essential poor references of comparable prices which leads to even more messed up prices and high price volatility.

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Re: SOLD: Zipp 606 Tubulars [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOLD

Quote Reply