Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames!
Quote | Reply
Ok, not the "normal" group buy you'd see here, but I'm an Xterra guy, I know there are others here... and more importantly, I know you all WANT to be! So here's your chance!

I get carbon rims from a company in China (like I'm sure a bunch of people here do), and I got their updated catalog recently. In it was this bike, which I want REALLY bad:

Yeah, you read that right.... 1150g!!! And better yet, the frame is has passed all the DIN EN 14766 tests, so it's legit... and if I'm not mistaken, it looks PRETTY DARN SIMILAR to a certain Scott Spark mtb frame I've seen *cough cough*

Now, I want to get a great deal on this bike. If we can get 5 people (including myself), we can score these frames for only $650 shipped. If we get more, I can try and work the price down even more.

So who's in????

Last edited by: IKnowEverything: Oct 28, 09 5:54
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you mean the 'Scott Spark'
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they have a hardtail?
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [sanjomaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! You are correct. Edit made.

Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [ras214] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they do... it's my current ride, actually! It comes in around 1000g. The price would be less than $650 obviously, PM me if you're interested... they shouldn't have any problem if we do HT and FS.

Quote | Reply
$650 shipped?

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested...
If I commit, then it's FS for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interested... any idea what it would cost to build up a decent bike with that frame?

J

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you went conservatively, like an XT or X.9 group, wheels, shocks, etc. purchased from ST or Ebay... then probably about $800 I would think. That's about what it cost to build up my carbon HT with old XTR/XT and some sweet wheels (I handbuilt the wheels, so it saved me quite a bit of $$ there).

For those that end up getting frames, the company also sells carbon stems and handlebars (and even a carbon saddle, actually). We could throw in some orders for that stuff... and that stuff is pretty inexpensive.

Quote | Reply
I'm interested, but do they have a sizing chart with dimensions and angles?
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [bookwalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I can get that.

Quote | Reply
is this still going...if so im interested
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [bookwalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you get the sizing chart, send me a pm or just post to the thread as I'm sure some other would find it useful. Thanks for putting this together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be interested. I don't suppose we get to see any pictures of the real frames?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be interested in a hard tail as well....
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I requested a picture as well as the geometry charts, so hopefully will get that up in the next day or so.

If you are interested, please PM me your email address as well as reply to the post, so I can get a list going for those that are interested.

Quote | Reply
OK, one last question 26" or 29"? Coudl you also put together a list of components that we can order along with it? If you are building carbon wheels to match I'd be super up for that too.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple of questions:

1) Is the rear shock included on the FS frame and if so, what is it.
2) Do they make a cross frame/fork and/or track frame?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
26" for the FS... I'm finding out if they make a 29" hardtail.

I'll send a list of available components out to the interested parties in the next few days.... I'm not thinking I'll open it up to individual accessory orders simply because my main goal here is to get the frame at a good price, not become an importer of carbon wares :)

I'll PM you about wheels.

Quote | Reply
Can you let me know the price and specs of the hardtail?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let me know when you get the specs and photos of the HT frame. 29er preferably.
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [ras214] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
let me know when you get the specs and photos of the HT frame. 29er preferably.

+1. Can you just post info here? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright, new info!

First and foremost, to those of you who were hoping for a 29er... sorry, they don't make them! I'm sure there's a company out there that does, if anyone wants to research that let me know and I can get on it.

Secondly, I have a list of available hardtails, along with prices and geometries.... as well as an actual picture of the FS frame (painted with a different scheme; ours will come as nude, clearcoated carbon or with the flame paintjob shown above, majority rules) and geometry for the FS. Please note, they don't have geometries for EVERY size written out, which is a pain, but hopefully this will show you about where you need to be.

Please let me know what frame you're interested in as well as your email by PM if you haven't already; those who have sent me your email, I'll be sending out this similar information as well.

Full Suspension, Full Carbon MTB Frame Pic (hereout known as model FM43)

FM43 Geometry, Size 17"

FM43 Geometry, Size 21"

FM03 Full Carbon Hardtail MTB Frame (this is the frame I'm currently riding on and it is AWESOME): $440 shipped

FM03 Geometry, Size 16"

FM03, Size 18"

FM03, Size 20"

FM14 Full Carbon Hardtail MTB Frame, $500 shipped

FM14, Size 17" (this is unfortunately the only geometry they have for this frame)

FM18 Hardtail Alloy/Carbon MTB Frame, $300 shipped

FM18 Geometry, 18"

FM19 Ultralight Full Carbon MTB Frame: $580 shipped

Geometries: Unfortunately, there aren't any geometry charts published for this, BUT, I'm told their within a mm of the geometries for the FM14.

So there you have it! Again, carbon bars, stems, seatposts, bottle cages, etc. are available at a very nominal fee for those purchasing frames as well! I'll send that list of accessories to the group once you confirm what frame you're interested in.

Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [sanjomaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Couple of questions:

1) Is the rear shock included on the FS frame and if so, what is it.
2) Do they make a cross frame/fork and/or track frame?

Thanks

x2.
Quote Reply
Re: Group Buy: Full Carbon, Full Suspension MTB Frames! [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shock is not included; yes they do make a track and a cx frame, if you're interested in that, contact me.

Prev Next