Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap Training/Racing Kit. Zipp 808s + Training Wheel
Quote | Reply
**** Bump for price cut (-$100) ****

For sale are three wheels and a complete racing/training power setup. A powertap hub on a Mavic Open Pro clincher rim, for training. AND a pair of Zipp 808 clincher race wheels, with Powertap standard rear hub. The Zipps are in mint condition, raced in a couple of IMs and a couple of halfs. The training wheel is strong and true. That's TWO powertap hubs and three wheels!

This sale includes the pickup wiring harness for a bike, and the head unit. Everything works -- I spun up both wheels today and the head unit read power and speed, as it should. This is NOT Ant+ compatible gear. Also included is the computer interface for the head unit, along with a serial port/USB adapter (since nobody has serial ports anymore). Bike wiring kit has some exposed wires where the outer covering got nicked. You can see it in the linked pics. I had it repaired with silicon and shrink-tubing, but I stripped that off so you can see it. It works fine, but you'll need to take care with your installation.

Zipp wheels include Zipp dimpled racing tires.

PLUS an uninstalled ceramic bearing kit for both Zipp wheels.

You should know by now that clinchers are faster than tubies on real roads. These wheels/tires (with rear cover) were ridden to a 5:30 IM split on only 142 avg watts on a windy rough course with no packs to follow. They were ridden (by yours truly) to a 2:40 at Oceanside on only 192 avg watts. Clinchers rule!

This is everything needed to start training and racing with power data. The Zipps alone are worth more than this used, even if you never use the powertap!

This is an all-or-nothing sale. You can make an offer for a part of the kit, but I'll just hold your message unless/until I have offers for everything.

$1300 picked up in person. $1450 shipped conti USA only (including UPS ground in three boxes). Paypal or cash, please.

PM me here at ST. I'm going to list on C-list in Bay Area on 1/7, but will give my ST compadres five days to buy it first.

All pics here: http://s1138.photobucket.com/...?albumview=slideshow

Last edited by: Ashburn: Jan 4, 11 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Training/Racing Kit. Zipp 808s + Training Wheel [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clinchers rule haha that's funny (not true ) but worth a bump because it was funny

Last edited by: bmanners: Jan 2, 11 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Training/Racing Kit. Zipp 808s + Training Wheel [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you happen to know if a wired PT can be upgraded by SARIS to ant+? I thought I heard on a forum about it being possible?

Very interested just need ant+
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Training/Racing Kit. Zipp 808s + Training Wheel [vrk3ds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vrk3ds wrote:
Do you happen to know if a wired PT can be upgraded by SARIS to ant+? I thought I heard on a forum about it being possible?

Very interested just need ant+
Don't know. You could contact Saris.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap Training/Racing Kit. Zipp 808s + Training Wheel [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmanners wrote:
Coincides [clinchers?] rule haha that's funny (not true ) but worth a bump because it was funny

Well, they're only faster in timed races. In Saturday morning bike-gear ego rides, tubulars are better.
Last edited by: Ashburn: Jan 4, 11 7:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for $100 price cut. Want to get this done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM's are pouring in...first person to say yes and hit my Paypal account gets 'em!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rick,

If they are still available I will take them. I'll send you a PM.

Greg.
Quote Reply