Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC wetsuit
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a kind-hearted NYC STer who would be willing to lend/rent (for $50) me their wetsuit for a race this weekend (SandyHooker's Tri in Long Branch, NJ). My previously rented suit order was f'ed up, and it won't be getting here in time. I'd be happy to provide you with a copy of my NY driver's license, or a cc imprint, etc if you want, and I can return the suit to you promptly on Monday.

I'm 6'1", 150lbs and believe my size is SMT.

Anyone able to help me out?
Quote Reply
Re: NYC wetsuit [KenyonTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't help you on the wetsuit, but wanted to let you know that you will definitely need one (seems that you know that). My friend surfs there all winter and finally swam the other day for the first time this year. Even though he had his tri wetsuit, he said it was very COLD.

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Re: NYC wetsuit [SCOTTinNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - if I end up sans suit I'm going to have to scrap the race. I was in Belmar last weekend and the water temp was 57. I would literally probably die if I tried to swim in that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be happy to lend you mine to ship it there, but I dont know if you would get it in time.

I a Small Medium Tall sounds small on someone 6'1, 150 though.

I am 6'3 160 , and use a Medium Long Promotion full Tri Suit

Quote | Reply
www.jackrabbitsports.com

they rent

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldnt have a problem with you borrowing mine... Xterra vector pro. I'm bigger than you though... its a MLA. I dont know the sizing but if that works for you, just let me know. I live in midtown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'1" and you're 150lbs???

I don't know about a wetsuit, but I'll glady make you a sandwich!! It sounds like you need it!!

In all seriousness I've got an old Ironman V02 Stealth FS suit, size MedTall; check and see if that meets your needs. You can pretty much keep it if you pay for shipping.

Quote | Reply
Contact Doug Rice the RD. They will rent one to you at the race. Just reserve it.
Go to:

www.shtc.com
Quote Reply
Re: NYC wetsuit [Gary] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry the site is:

http://www.sandyhookers.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a sleeveless Orca suit from two years ago that's a size 7 maybe? I'm 5'11'' 170. I realize it's probably not an ideal fit, but if it allows you to race...

You can have it if you'd like, I don't ever wear it any more. I live in NYC.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC wetsuit [callofthewild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Callofthewild, if this needy swimmer doesn't want yours, I would be interested. Is it in good shape? I need one for an event this fall. Thanks!
Quote Reply