Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, between the two trainers how many have you sold?

Will send my bro over there tomorrow to pick mine up.

Dave

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The poor man stopped in earlier before the truck arrived. I wanted to crawl under my desk I felt so bad.

They're hear now...

I'll apologize to your brother in person when he stops in!

Thanks Dave, nice to meet you in person Sir.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these still available? I'd love to pick one up.

</*I'm not slow, I'm a better than average Clydesdale*\>
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Target74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We sold through quite a few and then ordered more. No problems. We're good to go. Call Mike Aderhold at (313) 278-1350 to order.

Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased the KK trainer recently from a shop in Tucson, the connection for the computer has been helped with a piece of heat shrink. I also stuck two small pieces of velcro on the sensor and the display to make it easier to remove. I have about 300 miles on the KK trainer already, not a bad investment for a northerner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought one of these three years ago, the one with the heavier fly wheel, and I love it. I have ridden it for countless hours over the winters and some evening training rides in the warmer months as I live in NYC. Lots and lots of hours.

I like it so much in fact that last year I bought another one for my country house.

Works great, never a problem with either one.

FYI, the computer simply translates the speed to watts based on the resistance curve of the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Jobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the computer, in your opinion, worth the extra $49 or so?

bb
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [brother bonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a wireless computer on the front wheel yes, otherwise no.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [madman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these still available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, are these still available. I'm definitely interested in purchasing one.

PM me.

Thanks,

Lisa
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [btrflynaia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got mine delivered on Friday the 2nd, I believe they are still doing this. Just call and up and they'll hook you up.

Quote Reply
Problem with Kurt Kinetic Road Machine [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Setup the unit and attached the bike. Manual says to use frame position 1 for 700 size wheels. My bike has the 700 size, so everything should be fine except the manual also says that "Ideally, your bike tire should be 1/2" from the floor." Mine is a full 1.5 inches off the ground! Using the lower leg position brings the wheel closer, but you wouldn't be able to get 1/2" from the ground with a smaller wheel.

The manual goes on to state that (see step 7 under bike mounting) "Tightening knob will not increase resistance." Then in step 8 they say "Turn the adjustment knob to the right for more resistance, and to the left for less."

Am I missing something or are the people at Kurt Kinetics (insert your favorite derogatory term here)?
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Target74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom and Co,

Are you guys still doing this? I'd like to purchase one for my wife.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [cmbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI - I decided to call yesterday. BikeSport said yesterday and they said they were still doing the ST deal and I ordered one for my wife. Although I guess someone burned them recently because they insisted that I ship the trainer to my credit card billing address.

In the past, this was not the case.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information. I will call today.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Kurt Kinetic Road Machine [boehly100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The manual goes on to state that (see step 7 under bike mounting) "Tightening knob will not increase resistance." Then in step 8 they say "Turn the adjustment knob to the right for more resistance, and to the left for less."

Actually, re-read the manual. The section saying that turning it to the right increases resistance is says that is only applies for the windtrainer. KK isn't nuts, maybe they just should have made a different manual.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks! Got my ST secret special yesterday and got to break it it in last night. Great deal. Glad I upgraded from my old Mag+.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a KK Road Machine last year and love it. I use it in the garage on bad weather days and at races for warm-up. The Power computer is based on a PT calibrated scale according to speed. You can match your speed to the scale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the sale over?
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [Bill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes a long time ago!
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [brother bonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brother bonk wrote:
Khai,

Do you have the wattage computer that does with the KK unit? Is it the real deal?

brother bonk

Not sure if you have you answer yet on this but if I were you I would get the following if you decide to get the KKRM (which I have and love).

Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor + Garmin ANT+ USB stick + TrainerRoad.com

This setup will have you training with power (TrainerRoad calls it virtualpower but it uses the exact same algorhythm as the KK computer does) at a fraction of the cost of a powermeter.

EDIT: OH, and you get hundreds of workouts to choose from with TrainerRoad.com

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Last edited by: VanDrunken: Sep 20, 12 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [VanDrunken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopefully he used these last 7 years wisely and figured something out...

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetics Fluid Trainers: ST Only Special: $224.99 + Shipping. [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL....I didn't read the last few lines. My suggestion is valid but 7 years ago didn't exist!

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next