Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Me Add Power
Quote | Reply
I am looking to add power to two different bikes (tri and road). I am pretty much open to anything but it seems a powertap is my best bet. I am thinking I am in the market for two different hubs. Originally I was wanting to get one hub in a set of wheels for both bikes with a wheel cover for tris, but I am hearing the Specialized Transition doesn't accept a wheel cover easily. I would want the powertaps to be ANT+ Compatible and I don't have a huge budget (a $200 hub would be ideal if that is possible). I would need a powertap to fit the following wheels. I know I could buy a new wheel with a powertap but I like my wheels, especially the clinchers.

Planet X 101 Tubular with 32 hole spoke count

Mavic Krysium ES Clincher with 20 hole spoke count (LBS told me today that this wouldn't work but I wasn't convinced)

If you have an old powertap hub laying around that fits these descriptions please let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Add Power [wetri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Add Power [wetri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetri2 wrote:
I would need a powertap to fit the following wheels. I know I could buy a new wheel with a powertap but I like my wheels, especially the clinchers.

Planet X 101 Tubular with 32 hole spoke count

Mavic Krysium ES Clincher with 20 hole spoke count (LBS told me today that this wouldn't work but I wasn't convinced)

If you have an old powertap hub laying around that fits these descriptions please let me know.

Okay, so obviously you have no idea how powertaps work or what they are.
Even better, you went to a place where bicycle-stuff-professionals work, they told you it couldn't be done, and you just don't believe them?

Good luck with everything, report back when you find the powertap hub that can fit a 32h rim, a 20h rim that requires proprietary straight-pull spokes.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Add Power [hidayanra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably an unnecessary reprimand hidayanra. Obviously he doesn't know much about it hence the "help me add power" title.

I don't have what you want, but I have a training wheel PT that I'm getting rid of. PM me if you are interested.

tweets. pics.
Quote Reply