Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
90 days after March 7th is June 7th and I doubt you will ever see a Flo wheel in 120 days, 180 days....perhaps never in your lifetime.....

Therefore I will extend my free aerohelmet offer until December 21, 2012, which happens to be the popularly agreed upon date for the end of the world (according to the Mayan Calendar)

The first slowtwitcher who provides a picture of actual (2) Flo Wheels adorning their actual bicycle on or before December 21, 2012 (the end of the world) gets a brand new, free LG Aerohelmet courtesy of Mojozenmaster.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Feb 17, 12 21:59
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been asked, so many responses to wade through, but will you be providing an approximate shipping date when an order is placed? Thanks

Bville wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked, so many responses to wade through, but will you be providing an approximate shipping date when an order is placed? Thanks

During the pre-order we are going to do our best to keep the shipping estimates accurate in the cart. Depending on how many people purchase right at 10am, that could be difficult to do. We will also be keeping updates on our Facebook wall.

After the dust settles we will be sending out a final schedule. If anyone is unhappy with where they order fit in we'll ask them to let us know and we can refund the money if necessary.

If we sell a large quantity of wheels we will do everything we can to expedite production in the factory as well.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may have missed that part about them being able to price the wheels so low by cutting out these brick and mortar shops that get a percentage of sales.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like wading into other people's fights but come on dude...cut these guys some slack. Did they do anything personally to you? Why the animosity? I understand that they weren't able to meet their launch schedule...but hey that is what happens when you manufacture goods. Factories can't cut it and you have to move on to a different source. Believe me, no matter how mad you are about the delays, it is not close to what these guys must be going through when they have to cut a check every month for the increased expense of delays.

I'm a sucker for the underdog, and I like these guys' story. I'm a bit of a gambler so I'm going to back my faith in these guys. Mojozenmaster, I like your chutzpah, you don't back down from your opinions and you are willing to stick your neck out. So I'll do the same, I'll give you $200 in cold hard cash or pay pal or check whatever you want if they don't live up their end of the bargain. So let's see by 12/21/12 whether flo wheels materialize....but if it really is the end of the world... I think we will have more pressing issues on our minds:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should open a brick and mortar store like K Mart or Sears right? That business model is more antiquated than your argument.

They have a tangible product that has been tested and reviewed by others outside their company. I've also seen photos of them unwrapping and holding their product. There is actually more evidence they exist than you having this wonderful aero helmet that you go on and on about....

You've made my decision really easy. I will be supporting them finacially and quite soon. I am sure I will have photos of their wheels on my bike before the race in October that is my A race this season.

I actually like their business model by cutting out all of the middle men. It's kind of retro and cool while using new technology.

You clearly do not like them. That's fine but it doesn't make their business model any less viable. I will probably have all 5 of their wheel models by the end of the year so I can mix and match based on however I feel at the moment.

I for one plan on having a hell of a party next year for New Year's Eve. I told everyone this past new years. I just don't believe in this end of the world nonsense. It makes about as much sense as most of your posts on this topic or any other topic.

Many STers also predicted Garmin would never bring the pedal based power system to the market too.... it couldn't work either. Well it is on the market. I won't be buying it, but it happened. Thomas Edison said the difference between failure and success is often just trying one more time. I like Edison; I don't care for your negativity at all.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please don't compare FLO with Garmin....It's bad luck! Garmin has once again pushed the release date out to mid summer b/c....they still can't make it work.
http://www.bikeradar.com/...-delayed-again-33191
I am pulling for FLO....love the entrepreneurial spirit and will have a set of their hoops come summa time!
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Feb 18, 12 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [gasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
come on dude...cut these guys some slack

I am not affiliated with any company that advertises on slowtwitch so no ax to grind with Flo. However they are getting a lot of free advertising here where I am certain paying advertisers are not pleased. I like the underdog story too. With all the free publicity Flo is getting, someone needs to provide some critical analysis to what is going on here and I happen to be that guy. I'm in the profession of commercial credit and A/R management. I'm an expert in everything having to do with the Order to Cash process. (my word is gold:-)) From order entry, fulfillment, invoicing, shipping, returns, customer service, credit risk analysis, and collections....even the nasty part of lawsuits and post judgment execution. A new companies lack of expertise on these things I just mentioned can cause very bad things to happen. Flo and their fan-boys probably think I'm a dick but they should be thanking me. Because if they are paying attention to what I am talking about here things will be very harmonious for Flo and their consumers and then only good things will happen.

I see the unpleasant side of failed start ups on a daily basis and it is typically the result of failing to adhere to some pretty basic business and economic principles.....it is far too common these days. I hope Flo can pull it off and sell fast, durable wheels at an attractive price-point. If they are able to do it they'll be like the Apple or Microsoft of the aero wheel business. Best of luck to them, but in the meantime there's a lot they need to be thinking about to make a good impression right from the start and to sustain it over the long term.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster,

I understand your "tough love" approach to Flo. You are right...if you don't have your ducks in a row on the business side...you die. Cash flow, supply chain mangement, order fullfillment and collections are the achille's heel of so many new companies. But then again, if you weren't somewhat naive of the challenges of starting a businesss...most wouldn't have been started:) At first blush, the Flo guys seem to be some young smart engineering types that came up with a great conceptual idea. They are now getting their education in the real world of bringing that idea to fruition. I'm rooting for them!

P.s. maybe you can offer them some advice...for say a set of Flo Wheels? :) (They would be crazy to not take you up if you accepted these terms)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
come on dude...cut these guys some slack

I am not affiliated with any company that advertises on slowtwitch so no ax to grind with Flo. However they are getting a lot of free advertising here where I am certain paying advertisers are not pleased. I like the underdog story too. With all the free publicity Flo is getting, someone needs to provide some critical analysis to what is going on here and I happen to be that guy. I'm in the profession of commercial credit and A/R management. I'm an expert in everything having to do with the Order to Cash process. (my word is gold:-)) From order entry, fulfillment, invoicing, shipping, returns, customer service, credit risk analysis, and collections....even the nasty part of lawsuits and post judgment execution. A new companies lack of expertise on these things I just mentioned can cause very bad things to happen. Flo and their fan-boys probably think I'm a dick but they should be thanking me. Because if they are paying attention to what I am talking about here things will be very harmonious for Flo and their consumers and then only good things will happen.

I see the unpleasant side of failed start ups on a daily basis and it is typically the result of failing to adhere to some pretty basic business and economic principles.....it is far too common these days. I hope Flo can pull it off and sell fast, durable wheels at an attractive price-point. If they are able to do it they'll be like the Apple or Microsoft of the aero wheel business. Best of luck to them, but in the meantime there's a lot they need to be thinking about to make a good impression right from the start and to sustain it over the long term.

I didn't see ANY mention of manufacturing, sourcing, and working with foreign production markets. So basically, you're taking pot shots without having any knowledge of what the infrastructure is behind their setup or what may be forcing things to be the way they are.

I don't know why I'd expect any less on ST though. This is the same place where fat age groupers tell pros that they are doing it all wrong. *eyeroll.

I'm sure they'll look you up if they need help with changing their general tone to something more angry and skeptical though. You do well with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [NateC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is his MO and precisely why the great mojo isn't launching his own wheel company.

BTW, can I touch and feel your helmet? If not, how do I know you actually have it? Its all VIRTUAL. :)

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see ANY mention of manufacturing, sourcing, and working with foreign production markets

That's not my area of expertise so I won't pretend that it is, wiseguy. I'll stick to what I know about.....which makes me special around here. I'm sure they've learned all the front end manufacturing stuff on their own.

Their next step is order fulfillment, invoice accuracy, shipping and customer service. Homie suggests a mantra: 'zero defect mentality' or 'the first order perfect every time.'

Check the carefully inspected product against the invoice against the container prior to shipping and then check it again. A section of the invoice should read “This shipment has been personally inspected by.........” with a real signature signed in real ink. Blue ink is always best.

Use quality packaging materials and package the shipment in such a way the recipient can see that it was done with care and attention to detail.

When someone calls to complain about an order, have a live body (an expert) on call who will pick up the phone after no more than 2 rings who can resolve the problem on the spot. Accept returns gracefully and without question and offer expedited (next day air) replacements. It is also a good idea to throw in a couple of decals, a T-shirt and a water bottle.

Do not ever, under any circumstances, delay a refund when requested. If the customers credit card can be debited in a split second it should also be credited back with the same speed, not a two week delay where you are earning interest off of the money of unhappy people.

If Flo can do these things, they are good to go. If not, the fan-boy becomes a hater and tells the whole world how bad they suck......or to use your words, becomes “angry and skeptical.”

Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Feb 18, 12 17:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojo - Good points, but many of the points that you mention are not even done by the biggest, baddest company these days.
I plan to order a set of Flo 60's (or maybe a 60 front and a disc rear).
I understand that they are a start up and I expect them to live up to what they promise. A little delay - no problem. A long delay, without any communication will cause me to be upset. If they make up for it (finacially or if they send flowers saying "Sorry"), I will live with it.
I am guessing that the guys at Flo realize the risks of not being able to handle their customers. The negative feedback on this forum alone would probably cause them to go back to their day jobs.
I commend them for taking a risk.
In order to save money over "the other wheel brands", I will also take a risk. If I guess wrong, then I realize the risks of buying from a start-up.
If you (or others) are skeptical, then don't buy from them. If you wanna wait and see what the early adopters have to say before you take your "risk", then go for it.
If you want a 100% risk free wheel, then pay the cost for "Brand Z."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
I didn't see ANY mention of manufacturing, sourcing, and working with foreign production markets

That's not my area of expertise so I won't pretend that it is, wiseguy. I'll stick to what I know about.....which makes me special around here. I'm sure they've learned all the front end manufacturing stuff on their own.

Their next step is order fulfillment, invoice accuracy, shipping and customer service. Homie suggests a mantra: 'zero defect mentality' or 'the first order perfect every time.'

Check the carefully inspected product against the invoice against the container prior to shipping and then check it again. A section of the invoice should read “This shipment has been personally inspected by.........” with a real signature signed in real ink. Blue ink is always best.

Use quality packaging materials and package the shipment in such a way the recipient can see that it was done with care and attention to detail.

When someone calls to complain about an order, have a live body (an expert) on call who will pick up the phone after no more than 2 rings who can resolve the problem on the spot. Accept returns gracefully and without question and offer expedited (next day air) replacements. It is also a good idea to throw in a couple of decals, a T-shirt and a water bottle.

Do not ever, under any circumstances, delay a refund when requested. If the customers credit card can be debited in a split second it should also be credited back with the same speed, not a two week delay where you are earning interest off of the money of unhappy people.

If Flo can do these things, they are good to go. If not, the fan-boy becomes a hater and tells the whole world how bad they suck......or to use your words, becomes “angry and skeptical.”

NOTHING of what you have just written has anything to do with why you are so certain that they do not have their supply chain issues in order and why you are supremely confident that they will not produce a wheel in 2012.

What you have suggested from a customer service standpoint is very good advice...however we weren't talking customer service. We were talking about the challenges of manufacturing and why FLO has been delayed and did not get wheels to market when then wanted to in the first place.

You admittedly know nothing about that, but were quick to jump all over them for this issue in posts above. I'd say, you should probably STFU until they screw up on the customer service front...then you'll actually know what the hell you are talking about and perhaps have a leg to stand on if you are going to criticize.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's an imperfect world dude. The sale is not complete until two things happen: The customer is happy and the bill is paid.

Flo has what I like to describe as 'a good problem to have' which means huge interest in their product. It's a good problem in the sense that it has to be managed very carefully. Otherwise it becomes something different.

And, you can stop harshin' on me because I am only trying to help. It's a different kind of help that you have never seen before, obviously.

Be the first kid on the block to show off your Flo Wheels and Mojo will give you a shiny new aerohelmet. I'm helping to drive sales to Flo. We are like partners, whether you like it or not. But I do not expect you understand.

And that aero-helmet comes with a tinted visor.

Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Feb 18, 12 18:35
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but many of the points that you mention are not even done by the biggest, baddest company these days.

My advice is 'Boutique Advice' which is hard to implement at larger companies. But perfect for smaller companies and start-ups to make it a part of their corporate DNA from the very beginning. I am 100% successful in my consulting gigs with this approach. The vendors A/R is always better than 95% current, near zero returns and happy customers.

As far as wheels I'm on Hed3's. But I'm looking at Dura Ace C50's

Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Feb 18, 12 19:00
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
billyd0012 wrote:
Chris,

Will the Clydesdale version be part of the pre-order? What is the maximum weight of the regular 60 or 90 rear?

Yes, the clydesdale wheels will be part of the pre-order. The maximum recommended weight limits are 198lbs for standard builds and 242lbs for clydesdale builds.

Thanks,

You're welcome.

All the best,

Bill

I don't see the Clydesdale option anywhere... will it be available today?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Cycling Preorder [Kikuchiyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kikuchiyo wrote:
Canadian wrote:
billyd0012 wrote:
Chris,

Will the Clydesdale version be part of the pre-order? What is the maximum weight of the regular 60 or 90 rear?

Yes, the clydesdale wheels will be part of the pre-order. The maximum recommended weight limits are 198lbs for standard builds and 242lbs for clydesdale builds.

Thanks,

You're welcome.

All the best,

Bill

Yes. The clydesdale option will be available.

Thanks,

I don't see the Clydesdale option anywhere... will it be available today?

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Post deleted by beston [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by billyd0012 [ In reply to ]

Prev Next