Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Specialized Tri-Spokes - SOLD!
Quote | Reply
For Sale: A used set of Specialized Tri-Spoke wheels. $650 shipped CONUS. Would prefer to keep these state-side, but it's a global economy, so I could be talked into shipping internationally.

Particulars: Aluminum clincher rimmed, Shimano 8/9/10 speed compatible, and have ti axles installed. No tires or skewers. Front weighs 900g, rear is 1065g according to my non-calibrated postage scale. These are the 2nd generation Specialized wheels and are essentially the same as modern day Hed3 wheels, which have a different lay-up and may have different hub components but they're popped out of the same mold. Gen. 1 Specialized wheels came with a matte black finish and yellow stickers, this set has a natural carbon weave finish and came with reflective white stickers but they were removed long ago. The rear is ~1/16" out of round and true, the front is even less out. Braking surface is in very good shape. No signs of delamination.

History: This pair has been with me for years, I acquired them in '95/96, rode them for a few years, and then put them in the closet for about 10 years while I was on hiatus from the sport. I raced on these the last 2 seasons doing sprints. They've served me very well and have been bomb proof. There are probably 2000 miles on these, but that's really just a guess. Selling because I also have a Corima 4 spoke rear and fancy a 4 spoke front to match up with it. And, well, sometimes it's just time for a change. Any questions please let me know.

Cheers,
Jeff
Last edited by: simplyred: Oct 27, 09 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Tri-Spokes $650 [simplyred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if youre willing to split or someone else wants the Rear, I would take the front wheel off your hands!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Tri-Spokes $650 [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but not yet willing to sell the front and rear separately, but that is subject to change if I become desperate. However, if someone else wants the rear I'm more than willing to work with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does either of these happen to have a threaded portion with lockring threads also for track use?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sales pending.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paypal sent for rear.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Tri-Spokes $650 [landshark1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the front still available?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Tri-Spokes $650 [boomersb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both wheels are now sold. Thanks for everyone's interest.
Quote Reply