Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 *LOWERED*
Quote | Reply
SOLD!!!!!

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: Creatre: Apr 28, 13 20:23
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [Creatre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Keep having people commit then back out. Someone get this from me!!

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seriously can't believe no one wants this at this price.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know if you're open to offers based on recently completed eBay listings...
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kram wrote:
Let me know if you're open to offers based on recently completed eBay listings...

$999 shipped is the absolute lowest I'll sell this for. The brand new rings alone just cost me $150. This is an extremely good deal on crank based power.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI last GXP quarq sold on ebay was in the mid $800.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [nismosr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just because one sold at that price doesnt mean they should all be priced based off of that. GXP is still a very relevant BB style and very common. In fact there is quite a bit of chatter in the cycling industry now about how the bottom bracket style of today have gotten out of hand and that the last stable models were the gxp hollowtech II type. If you took an average of the last few sold on ebay I am sure they would range from 900-1000, on slowtwitch from 900-1200. Trying to nickel and dime the guy on a still relevant piece of equipment in good shape, with extras and in a current style in this case is a little crazy. If you have the money go for it, if you cant afford it, move on. The prices of ebay are not relevant here. The tactics of bidding are entirely different, many times the item would go for much higher but people are using bidsnipe programs to do a bid with 1s left. Old wireless powertaps go for over half to 3/4 of this guys asking price, and old wired srm systems go for only 200-300 less. A wireless quarq in a model that is still offered, brand new rings...worth 999 easily.

If you can get a better deal through ebay....then why haven't you?

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by: wiRIDEfast: Apr 18, 13 7:10
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
Just because one sold at that price doesnt mean they should all be priced based off of that. GXP is still a very relevant BB style and very common. In fact there is quite a bit of chatter in the cycling industry now about how the bottom bracket style of today have gotten out of hand and that the last stable models were the gxp hollowtech II type. If you took an average of the last few sold on ebay I am sure they would range from 900-1000, on slowtwitch from 900-1200. Trying to nickel and dime the guy on a still relevant piece of equipment in good shape, with extras and in a current style in this case is a little crazy. If you have the money go for it, if you cant afford it, move on. The prices of ebay are not relevant here. The tactics of bidding are entirely different, many times the item would go for much higher but people are using bidsnipe programs to do a bid with 1s left. Old wireless powertaps go for over half to 3/4 of this guys asking price, and old wired srm systems go for only 200-300 less. A wireless quarq in a model that is still offered, brand new rings...worth 999 easily.

If you can get a better deal through ebay....then why haven't you?

Well said, thanks!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by nismosr [ In reply to ]
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [nismosr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I mentioned above, totally different structure here than on ebay. You cannot correlate or compare pricing from one to the other. Also you have no idea if the same units on sale here were the ones you claim to have seen on ebay. Thats just another flaw in your logic. People do not always update their listing on here when an item has been sold, I've seen it many times and I've even forgotten to do it myself. So you have no idea if the listings on here that havent been updated have been sold or not. If you want to train with power you have to be prepared to pay the price for training with power. If you can't handle the price for a unit, you aren't ready to train with power. Its a commitment, you are more likely to train more frequently if it were a greater investment on your part than you would with something cheap. Less investment makes it easier to quit and give up. This is the same whether the investment is time or money. Anything outside of the typical price paid for a powermeter system is junk and unreliable, iBike, Powercal, and all the other systems like it included. If you're trying to be cheap, your best bet is a very old wired srm, but enjoy the octalink or square tapered bb and cranksets and high cost of SRM service fees. I'm not trying to cause an argument either, just trying to point out that a few of you a being cheapskates and trying to negotiate to hard on something that retains original value well, is still current, and in great shape. No one is selling a nice yacht at the price of a jon boat. If you've seen all these going for the prices you claim to have seen on ebay why do you continue to pass them up? Instead of buying one you come on here and haggle a guy about his price. Everybody wants a good deal, and I understand price negotiation, but it doesnt bode well to negotiating price when you claim to have seen several great prices but have continually passed them up. If you have a target price point you'd spend for one of these you might as well post a WTB in the classifieds and see if anyone is willing to jump at letting theirs go for the price you are willing to spend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see his response before he deleted it. Some people.....

Free bump. Sick deal, all murdered out.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, i dont know sometimes. If we went solely off ebay prices that would mean based off of purchases i have made in the last 6 months that brand new sets of ksyriym sl wheels would be $350, new cosmic carbones at $415, and a very lightly used r sys sl set $455. Those were once in a lifetime scores in my eyes. If the size were right on this for me or my wife I would have jumped on this, and I'm in the mode or paring down what I have and I am also a p2m dealer. I'm all for a good deal, but not for whittling a guy down to nothing and taking advantage of them based off the price of one item on ebay.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy...that is actually me.

just kidding

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Creatre wrote:
kram wrote:

$999 shipped is the absolute lowest I'll sell this for. The brand new rings alone just cost me $150. This is an extremely good deal on crank based power.

Hmm, didn't mean for my message to start a fight, I probably should have sent a PM. I understand where you're coming from, good luck with the sale...and let me know if you change your mind.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kram is right - probably should have been a PM. BUT, I don't quite understand the outrage. (I dont like when people publically rip an asking price on the forum either) Many, if not most all, quarks like this have recently sold on EBAY for around $800-$1000. Yours has new rings, so you have it priced on the higher side of that range. Perfect. Ebay vs. Slowtwitch. I personally prefer STer's over general public.

kram wrote:
Creatre wrote:
kram wrote:

Hmm, didn't mean for my message to start a fight, I probably should have sent a PM. I understand where you're coming from, good luck with the sale...and let me know if you change your mind.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [Bobby Booshay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning. Let's get this sold. Someone needs to train with power!!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by dgalati [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Removed the zero offset information since it continues to confuse people. It's 100% fully functioning unit with no issues and brand new chain rings. Throw it on the bike and it's good for thousands of miles!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sigh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Creatre wrote:
Bump. Removed the zero offset information since it continues to confuse people. It's 100% fully functioning unit with no issues and brand new chain rings. Throw it on the bike and it's good for thousands of miles!

What zero info did you have listed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So did you sell them yet?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cidewar wrote:
So did you sell them yet?

Still available.

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Quarq S975 GXP 53/39 172.5 [BayAreaUser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayAreaUser wrote:
Creatre wrote:

What zero info did you have listed?

Basically that it worked and did not drift with specifics. If you are interested in the Quarq, PM me and I can describe any specifics you would like.

Quote Reply

Prev Next