Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit
Quote | Reply
Up for sale is a complete 2007 Powertap SL system (Shimano freehub) built into a Mavic Open Pro rim (32 spokes, 700c). It has under 5000 miles on it. The computer/head unit was just warrantied by Saris and is brand new. It comes with everything needed to begin training and racing with power: the full rear wheel (no cassette or tire - I can include a skewer if needed), the head unit, the heart rate strap, bike mount ('shark fin' style), and USB downloader. $550 shipped to the continental US.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit [flesh_pile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent

If you do what you have always done.....you will get what you always got!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit [rickystheme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump with pics.

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit [flesh_pile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the wireless system?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is really only one photo of the wheel that needs to be shown and that's the hub. You haven't shown it. Is that because this does not have carbon windows (and therefore Saris won't touch it)?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what you mean - all Powertaps prior to the latest editions (and the really old Powertaps that look completely different) all have carbon windows. Saris customer service is great from my limited experience with them. This is the wired 2007 Powertap SL model. Anyways, to appease your curiosity/suspicion, here is a picture of the hub.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pm sent
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There is really only one photo of the wheel that needs to be shown and that's the hub. You haven't shown it. Is that because this does not have carbon windows (and therefore Saris won't touch it)?
This was sort of funny so I thought I'd give the OP a free bump. Just so you know, in the absence of pics, there weren't any PT-SL first generation hubs, and since he did include pics..you can clearly see from the side cap of the PT that it's the second generation (i.e., Saris will still service it). And, there are some current generation PT hubs (maybe the Comp? I'd have to look..) that do not have carbon windows.

If you want to identify a first generation PT hub (Saris won't service these any more), look for the plastic side cap that's basically flat with two screws holding it on. They can be black (early units) or yellow (later Pro units).

Kendall Frederick

Orange Park, FL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Powertap SL rear wheel (Shimano, 32 spokes, 700c Open Pro) w/ NEW head unit [dkreasoner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent an offer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this still available?
Quote Reply