Veritas Endurance Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 07 Trek Madone 5.5 SL 56 cm [triboiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'9" would it fit me?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 07 Trek Madone 5.5 SL 56 cm [Ironwar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'8" and have had 2 56 cm Treks in the last 2 years. I only use about half of the seat post so even if you have longer legs you should be fine. Let me know if you'd like me to round up some pics and I will try to do that today. I'd be willing to work out a short-term return policy (Like shipping time plus 2-3 days) as well to keep the worries to a minimum. Thanks for your interest!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for return policy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make me an offer this needs to go! please only reasonable offers as I am a poor college student and still need to replace this bike with one that works better for my position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price drop: $2500 OBO

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Purchased last March and has very low miles on it. There are so few that I honestly can't remember since that is how long it has been since I rode it consistently. (The P3C is way more comfy) Bike is completely stock except for the Specialized Toupe Team saddle in World Champion colors. Here is the link to the specs http://www.trekbikes.com/...7/archive/madonesl55. It has a double crankset in a 53/39T.

$2799 OBO shipped, was over $4000 just one year ago, with brand new Rubino tires (they are great trainer tires) and new Ultegra chain...email or PM for pics

I will try and post some pics too if I can get hold of the girlfriend's camera.

cbohache@purdue.edu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, Just curious as to why there are new tires and new chain on bike with so few miles? I get 4k plus on my ultegra chains each season, and pitch it before chain shows 1% wear ( the limit) Thanks, Phil Bike Mech
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 07 Trek Madone 5.5 SL 56 cm [philstat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode the wheel on my trainer and mixed cassettes for the winter. That is the reason for the tires. The chain is probably fine in all honesty, but I thought I would put a new one on to make sure the cassette wear matched the chain wear more similarly and add some newness back to the value. I was actually just working some on it today and getting some pics and the bike shifted fine. I did not check the wear with guage. I have never gotten 4k out of a chain before. The most is probably 2k.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In light of some deeper thought as to replacing the chain I will just replace the cassette instead since it has more wear anyway. Thanks for correcting my mistake. I posted this on my way out the door to class.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for clarifiing that; I guess the reason I get so many miles out of my chains, is that I'm a clean nut for the bike, and being 58 yrs old, I'm not producing anywhere near what you young guys are capable of!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 07 Trek Madone 5.5 SL 56 cm [philstat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anytime! that was cleary my oversight, so thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Reply