Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by beston
Re: Disk Wheel Cover (cut for 30mm rims) - $70 Shipped [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Xero XGR-1 wheelset that I measured to be 30mm deep - I need to measure the space between the largest cog/gear and the spokes to see if it's <5mm. If so, I'm interested. Is the cover still available and how did it perform?
Quote Reply
Re: Disk Wheel Cover (cut for 30mm rims) - $70 Shipped [wack70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the cover is still available.

The cover performs well. In fact it's just as good as most true disk wheels. There are many here on slowtwitch who can attest to it's benefits.

Let me know when you measure the spacing of the cogs and spokes. It was never an issue for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll be measuring in just a bit when I get home. One other Q: how much does the cover overlap your 30mm rim, and how tight/loose is the cover on the wheel/spokes (does it move around at all)?

Also noticed you had the Gigantex 85 rear wheel for sale, I asked about whether it's a clincher or tubular. Which would perform better, the cover or the 85?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-There is more than 5mm of overlap with the rim.
-There is no movement of the cover on the rim once fastened with the screws. in this case the cover doesn't touch the rim

However, there are better ways of installing the cover to the rim. I use a procedure that jackmott discussed in a forum using good quality electrical tape on the outside of the rim and packing tape on the inside to keep the drive side cover away from the cassette. I holds every-bit as good as the screws and is easier to put on this way.

I do have a gigantex 85mm rim for sale. In every instance a DISK will be faster than a deep dish wheel. You could also add a cover to the 85mm rim, but it would have to be trimmed first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Measured the space between cog and spokes, should be enough room, but - I just installed the Garmin cadence/speed sensor on the rear wheel. Do you know if the magnet sensor will pick up through the cover?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, since the cover doesn't touch the spokes on the non drive side, you can just use a regular magnet attached to your spokes. The plastic does not interfere with the magnet or sensor.

Please let me know if you are going to go ahead as there is one other person interested after you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the cover has just been sold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, thanks for the info though.
Quote Reply