Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CycleOps 300PT training bike- sold
Quote | Reply
I bought this barely used not so long ago and put maybe 200 more hours on it. I'm in South Jersey and will deliver within 150 or so miles, if that helps. Otherwise it's pickup only- not shipping this puppy!

The pedals and saddle will be replaced with the originals.

This retails for $2000- I'm asking $1400 OBO. PM with any questions.

Last edited by: naschwartz: May 6, 10 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [naschwartz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nobody's training this winter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which model?
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [Weaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whats the advantage of training on this compared to a bike of our own on a trainer? Not bashing, actually curious. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [Weaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the club pro model with the built in powertap and all that.
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the fact that the machine is always waiting without having to set up my own bike. It's also a lot more stable- out of the saddle sprints are not a problem. Noise is also an issue- this machine is a lot quieter than any trainer I've used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumpity bump. Offers? I'll deliver it within reason!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3rd bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
whats the advantage of training on this compared to a bike of our own on a trainer? Not bashing, actually curious. Thanks
I've been asking the same question a lot recently as I have been looking for winter training system.

All bike store owners i have talked to have been saying stationary bikes are better because they provide more resistance that most sub $500 trainers and that you will end up spending more money in the long run using a trainer because they put excessive wear and tear to your derailleurs, chain, tires and wheels.

I also had one owner strongly advise against using carbon frames on trainers (with riser blocks) because he claims to have seen stress fractures to the chain stays and bottom brackets.

Too bad I dont live in Jerzy anymore- id be down to pick this sucker up this weekend.

Tri'n hard.
�.__o
._`\<,_
(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I don't have a CycleOps training bike, I have a spin bike. But I think my arguements here apply. I decided not to go with the traditional trainer because:
  1. I didn't have to worry about additional wear and tear on my tri bike (my only bike)
  2. I didn't have to worry about switching out for a trainer specific tire or wearing out my race tire (which is what I also use for everyday riding)
  3. I heard they were more quiet
  4. If somebody else wanted to use it (wife, visitor), they could do so with minimal adjustments.
  5. When I'm done with it and I want to clear out the space for the kids or guests, it is easy to just wipe down, and put in the corner. Compared to having to take my bike off and put everything away.
  6. I could stand and climb and hammer and not worry about stability.
  7. My kids like to play on it when I'm done.

I've never used a trainer, but that was what I went with. I did change out the crappy wide gel seat for a Toupe 143, added Jammer aerobars and a bike computer so I could track time/distance/speed/cadence. I wish I had something like this so I could measure power.

I realize that most here on ST probably have a conventional trainer, but this was a good solution for me.
    -Nick

Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [brownnugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one of these and they rock. wayyyyy better than putting your bike on a trainer. Bump.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 200e for sale $1000, caseycorp@optonline.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4th bump- make a *reasonable* offer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude, i wish i was there to buy it. i have one (the sport model without power) and love it. i've used the crap out of it. it takes a beating and is always ready to go. i move back to the states in a year and i'll be looking for one then. meanwhile good luck and here's a bump.
someone buy this!

Quote | Reply
Last bump before it goes out with the trash. $1300?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i want this and my folks live in cherry hill. problem is i live in georgia. and i dont drive up there. having said that. I might could if the price was dropped quite a bit. so dont trash it. PM me if you get really hungry to rid yourself of it.
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [phattknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your parents loved you they'd get it down there for you. Tell 'em I said so.
I can do my part and bring it over to their home for $1200.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you obviously dont know my parents or that I am MOT and also hate to drive long distances so I will wait until the price drops more or hold off. one just went for 900 vgc used in e. tn. and another via ebay went for 1000 (Item number:150391936340). and here is the real kicker, the 400pt comes out in January making this one's value drop further.
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps 300PT training bike [phattknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, feel free to make an offer. Thanks!
Quote Reply