Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out!
Quote | Reply
I got tired of trying to use a pair of pliers or an adjustable wrench to hold the park cassette tool, so I made a few of these tools. Not only are these super heavy duty and easy to use but the inside of the tool has been bored out allowing you to leave the skewer on the wheel while changing cassettes. I have sold a few to friends and have had nothing but positive comments. Each tool measures 13.5" long and weighs around 600g. These are for Shimano/Sram cassettes.

The tools have been left raw steel but have been sprayed with an automotive clear coat.

I have a few extras and just wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in one. I am looking to get $30 shipped each.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [szaffiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are really cool, how many shimano/Sram cassette ones do you have? may pick one up from ya
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [rsseric12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 5 right now, the two missing in the pic are in the process of getting clear coated, I also have blue grips I could put on.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [szaffiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you should put this on Kick Starter!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now what you need to do is machine off 1/2 of the splines (half the height and half the length) and it will be campy compatible for both cassettes and square taper BB I did this to my park tool years ago when I was running different groups. Works great.

I always wondered why these tools did not come like this.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Abbey Bike Works has been making these for pro mechanics. They are available to home wrenchers... http://www.abbeybikeworks.com/?page_id=119

Last edited by: edmaverik: Jul 22, 13 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I always wondered why these tools did not come like this.

Well, they probably don't come like that because there is no way to attach a torque wrench to it. I bought a socket for my cassette tool so that I could put it on my torque wrench. I know most people don't actually torque them, but oh well.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [bmsumpter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was actually referring to why the cassette tool isn't machined to use with both kinds of lockrings. I figured it was so you had to buy two of them and a third for the BB.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will have to give that a try, I could put it in the mill and machine down the splines no problem.

I came across the abbey tool after I made a few of these, definitely a nice tool, but has a price tag to match it. They are machining their own tool from scratch which is impressive. If I ever get access to a 4th axis machine I will give that a try. I am pretty sure the park tool is burned on a sinker EDM, but not positive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a little update, I tried what you said about turning down half the splines and it wroks great. If anyone wants one of these just let me know!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you still selling these?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Confused Fitness Addict -- Biker first, Nutrition second, everything else third.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [idle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I still have a few of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So just to confirm -- this tool can be utilized to remove/install BOTH Shimano Ultegra and SRAM Red cassettes? If so I would be interested in obtaining one...

Thanks,

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [broncotw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano and SRAM use the same tool. I switch between an 11-28 SRAM force and a 10-25 Shimano 105 cassette on my bike using the same tool type.

Michael Hebert
Hebertmike.com
Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
I support: Team RWB
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [hebert.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes these can do both shimano and sram. I can also make them to do shimano, sram, and campagnolo all with the same tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a poorly made rip off of the Abbey Bike Works Crombie tool.

Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [MarkRichards] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkRIchards, you just registered on ST today to make this one and only negative comment??? If you are an Abbey Bike Works guy - poor form. The Seller already posted nice comments about the Crombie tool. Szaffiri, I will take one of your tools. Please PM with Paypal instructions. Thx Bob

MarkRichards wrote:
Looks like a poorly made rip off of the Abbey Bike Works Crombie tool.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [Bobby Booshay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with Bob - very poor form. Szaffiri, I also would like to purchase one. Thanks!! Send info..
Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [rph60] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought one of these tools. Feel nice in the hand. Heavy enough to be heavy enough, but not too heavy.

Best part? Don't have to remove your skewer to change cassettes any more! Bonus!

Recommended!

M
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [Gummee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the support guys! It was never my intentions to rip off or make a counterfeit crombie tool. If you want to see some really poor taste check out what they posted on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/...ools/275599295883849
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
szaffiri wrote:
Thanks for the support guys! It was never my intentions to rip off or make a counterfeit crombie tool. If you want to see some really poor taste check out what they posted on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/...ools/275599295883849

Actully I think your tool with the splines turned down is a better product than his double sided crombie. How long untilk he copies this and makes a one sided tool for both Shimano and Campy.

Your tool looks great but I prefer to keep the option of using my torque wrench. A removal tool that can remove a cassette without removing the skewer and maintains the park tool hex drive, or better yet has a 1/2" drive to go directly on a torque wrench would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto on this. Make a version that can go on a 3/8" torque wrench. Then, sell that, and then sell a combo with a good torque wrench.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Made Cassette Removal Tools, Check it out! [Hounddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a while I have had the idea of integrating a torque wrench into the handle of the cassette tool. Something like this would be very simple to do: http://image.circletrack.com/...pe-torque-wrench.jpg And you could just have it preset to 40 n/m since that's what just about every lockring gets torqued to
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you integrate this with the torque wrench, let me know. I am definitely interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it and works great. Thx.

Robert
Quote Reply