Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
But how did that turn out? America’s standing in free world will go down. Germany tried to expand power. Where will trump lead, join forces with russia, china, saudia arabia? Attack Mexico & Canada? Screw NATO? Or is isolation the road to a better USA?

I'm not sure Trump himself has a cohesive vision of the future, except for himself as an adored leader. He doesn't seem to think far beyond the next rally and what's trending on social media.

In this way he is not at all like Hitler, who clearly had a vision developed over decades.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:
We are not allowed to call him Karen. Matt was offended on his behalf, empathetic guy that he is.

Did Matt threaten to speak to the manager?

Shades of BigJohn whose thing was saying that referring to him by the abbreviation "BJ" wasn't allowed because that's also used to refer to "blowjob" and he took that to mean we were calling him gay, and we all know being called gay is an egregious insult.

Actually I said that and BigJohn latched onto it. I just like calling out the blatant hypocrisy from the "morally superior" liberals on this forum... gay jokes and misgendering happen on this forum by lefties that are constantly crying about any slight grievance against someone. But it seems gay jokes and misgendering are OK as long as it is against a "cis male conservative type". I type these while chuckling at the biased foolishness but I'll still get a "go for a walk comment".
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:

We are not allowed to call him Karen. Matt was offended on his behalf, empathetic guy that he is.

Shades of BigJohn whose thing was saying that referring to him by the abbreviation "BJ" wasn't allowed because that's also used to refer to "blowjob" and he took that to mean we were calling him gay, and we all know being called gay is an egregious insult.

Well he also told me I would have to find the video clips he was referring to myself, so ...

No, no one did. SDG didn't reply and I gave you one free hit since your Google was down. I told you $20 for the next time I have to Google simple top of the page Google results for what you question exists...
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck, they all do who want power in repub party. Join sununu and others. Surprised she didn’t don the uniform and attend trial.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
But how did that turn out? America’s standing in free world will go down. Germany tried to expand power. Where will trump lead, join forces with russia, china, saudia arabia? Attack Mexico & Canada? Screw NATO? Or is isolation the road to a better USA?

I'm not sure Trump himself has a cohesive vision of the future, except for himself as an adored leader. He doesn't seem to think far beyond the next rally and what's trending on social media.

In this way he is not at all like Hitler, who clearly had a vision developed over decades.

He has never stopped campaigning. He did so throughout his presidency. I think he enjoys campaigning more than actually winning and then governing.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

“And while men may feel like they are losing economically, an attractive man who supports democracy is more likely to attract a powerful mate. Thus, the men might enjoy economic benefits, in addition to reduced stress from not carrying the weight of financial sole responsibility.”

Well that leaves out most of the men in trump rallies. Not many good lookers, they say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:
Americans will not embrace Nazi ideology.

American race laws were a real inspiration for the Nazis.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:

Well he also told me I would have to find the video clips he was referring to myself, so ...

No, no one did. SDG didn't reply and I gave you one free hit since your Google was down. I told you $20 for the next time I have to Google simple top of the page Google results for what you question exists...

You're right, I was thinking it was you playing hide the video clip.

I'm old and feeble. You have to forgive me in my dotage.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Trump like Hitler makes promises and delivers on them.

Not really, no.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump like Hitler makes promises and delivers on them. The problem is that those promises will be at the expense of other people. The people who supported Hitler and the Nazis did so because he was able to bring them a better life.

You really believe Trump made promises and delivered on them?
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don’t talk politics a lot at work, but there is one Italian guy who will yell out “fascist” anytime someone says Trump. To him it is as automatic as saying “bless you” anytime anyone sneezes.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
mattbk wrote:
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:

You're right, I was thinking it was you playing hide the video clip.

Would you like to trouble me for a warm glass of milk?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I know you aren't feeble and I still first picture you in your bug suit (wasps or something? ). I tried to find that pic but gave up. Repost here...
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Trump like Hitler makes promises and delivers on them. The problem is that those promises will be at the expense of other people. The people who supported Hitler and the Nazis did so because he was able to bring them a better life.

Mexico totally paid for that big, beautiful, wall Trump built during infrastructure week.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Mexico totally paid for that big, beautiful, wall Trump built during infrastructure week.

There's also,
  • He wouldn't have time to play golf if elected.
  • He would repeal the ACA and replace it with something beautiful.
  • He'd cut your taxes and the super-rich like him would pay more (the opposite occurred)
  • Corporations would use their tax cuts to invest in America workers (instead they used the cut to buy back their own shares)
  • The average American family would see a $4,000 pay raise (they have kept steady)
  • He promised he would eliminate the federal deficit (it increased by more than 60%)
  • He promised to revive the coal industry.
  • He said he would drain the swamp but brought in billionaires, CEO's, lobbyists etc.
  • Hilary would be locked up,
  • He promised to end DACA.
  • He will end North Korea's nuclear program.
  • He would release his tax returns
  • China would pay for tarrifs on imported goods.
  • He would negotiate a better deal after pulling out of the Paris climate accord.
  • He promised to bring back all troops from Afhanistan
  • etc., etc.

But other than that, he keeps his promises.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
Quote:

I know you aren't feeble and I still first picture you in your bug suit (wasps or something? ). I tried to find that pic but gave up. Repost here...

Hornets

And I got them

I was weed whacking a trail through the woods yesterday and thought about doing it again so I didn't aerosolize some poison ivy and jack myself up but it was just too damn hot so I took my chances.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
mattbk wrote:
Quote:

Hornets

And I got them

I was weed whacking a trail through the woods yesterday and thought about doing it again so I didn't aerosolize some poison ivy and jack myself up but it was just too damn hot so I took my chances.

Nice! And sorry but that is how I see you in my mind's eye when I read your posts lol.

Also reminds me of my Mom's attempt to make me Robocop for Halloween back in gradeschool. Just add some aluminum foil on the body and a toy version of Han Solo's blaster pistol. She may have wrapped my brother's motorcycle helmet in foil as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/.../trump-unified-reich

Quote:
The phrase “unified Reich,” which appeared in a video posted by the Trump campaign and caused a firestorm of controversy, appears to have originated as placeholder text in a collection of video templates created in 2023 by a 30-year-old Turkish freelance graphic designer.

What? Lorem Ipsum dolor sit didn't work for you?

Hack

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Are you all getting ready for trump's "unified reich"? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/24/media/trump-unified-reich

Quote:
The phrase “unified Reich,” which appeared in a video posted by the Trump campaign and caused a firestorm of controversy, appears to have originated as placeholder text in a collection of video templates created in 2023 by a 30-year-old Turkish freelance graphic designer.

What? Lorem Ipsum dolor sit didn't work for you?

Hack

The whole article demonstrates the absurdity of America in this day and age.
Quote Reply

Prev Next