Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Harrison Butker [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:

The amount of outrage and counter outrage is just a waste of fucking energy.

You are one of our resident mockrage stirrers..about things as silly as pizza.....so of course you're going to suddenly pretend to play this angle.

Pineapple on pizza is an actual abomination
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
sphere wrote:
SDG wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:
Just replying from last.

The Chiefs just posted their schedule and the responses are beyond hysterical.

The typical response is a woman hoping to find time between household chores to watch the game.
One asked if the chiefs accept woman money.

Methinks the womens are not very impressed.

The internet and social media has made everyone a comedian. It will indeed be the downfall of society.

Handling bullshit with humor and mockery is pretty much how humanity has survived the never ending bullshit since forever.

We'll be fine.

SDG apparently didn't bother to watch Seinfeld's commencement address at Duke, in which he explicitly talked about this (perhaps you did!).

I didn't see him talk about this, and it's certainly not a novel observation.

I did watch long enough to wonder if he's always been unfunny or if that's a new development.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has always been unfunny.
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the Missouri AG is investigating the city employee who "doxed" Butker and revealed what city he lived in. Such a dirty rat that employee is. No one could have found that out otherwise.
https://www.foxnews.com/...n-butker-doxing-post

This article from February 2023 has pictures of several of the Chiefs homes and a sattelite map to Mahomes property that did not yet have a house on it. So not really a whole lot of research needed on that one.
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-real-estate/
Kicker Harrison Butker
While the life of any NFL player is here today, gone tomorrow, kickers seem to be the most fungible. A couple of bad games, a crucial missed field goal, and a botched extra point are all it takes for a team to sever ties.
Which is what makes Butker’s six-year career with the Chiefs relatively refreshing. And because he’s been dependable, Butker’s felt comfortable enough to put down roots in the Kansas City area. In September 2019, the man with the premium toe and camera-ready looks closed on a six-bedroom home in Lee’s Summit that had been on the market for $550,000.
Located on a cul-de-sac, the 5,600-square-foot residence includes a three-season porch, a primary bathroom with a heated floor, and a walk-out lower level complete with a second kitchen.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
So the Missouri AG is investigating the city employee who "doxed" Butker and revealed what city he lived in. Such a dirty rat that employee is. No one could have found that out otherwise.

This article from February 2023 has pictures of several of the Chiefs homes and a sattelite map to Mahomes property that did not yet have a house on it. So not really a whole lot of research needed on that one.
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-real-estate/
Kicker Harrison Butker
While the life of any NFL player is here today, gone tomorrow, kickers seem to be the most fungible. A couple of bad games, a crucial missed field goal, and a botched extra point are all it takes for a team to sever ties.
Which is what makes Butker’s six-year career with the Chiefs relatively refreshing. And because he’s been dependable, Butker’s felt comfortable enough to put down roots in the Kansas City area. In September 2019, the man with the premium toe and camera-ready looks closed on a six-bedroom home in Lee’s Summit that had been on the market for $550,000.
Located on a cul-de-sac, the 5,600-square-foot residence includes a three-season porch, a primary bathroom with a heated floor, and a walk-out lower level complete with a second kitchen.

This came out about a week ago. My understanding is it wasn't supposed to be doxxing, but a joke based on the location name "Lee Summit." Suggestion being some connection to Robert E. Lee, and civil war/slave era values.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

I think this guy is a tool at worst and misquided in his approach at best (assuming he has some legitimate concern for the well being of women). But doxing is a shit move and especially shouldn't be tolerated if a city employee is doing it by accessing and sharing information about a person. No idea if there are laws protecting privacy of that sort. I'd guess there are since the AG is involved.
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

I think this guy is a tool at worst and misquided in his approach at best (assuming he has some legitimate concern for the well being of women). But doxing is a shit move and especially shouldn't be tolerated if a city employee is doing it by accessing and sharing information about a person. No idea if there are laws protecting privacy of that sort. I'd guess there are since the AG is involved.

There was no doxing. There are articles out there talking about where he lives. If you click on the 2nd article you can get pictures of the houses of several of them. His location and identity was not secret.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

There was no doxing. There are articles out there talking about where he lives. If you click on the 2nd article you can get pictures of the houses of several of them. His location and identity was not secret.

Pretty sure this is his house. Using nothing more than the information from the article in 2023 on realtor.com. It took around 38 seconds to find. (would have been faster but I zoomed on the map awkwardly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The propaganda lies are making their rounds.

Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

Not really propaganda...these are capitalists who feed off clicks. They have no political agenda - it's outrage farming for clicks.

I wish it were true so my city could find a way to keep Pearl Jam away.
Last edited by: trail: May 22, 24 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

I'd think that would depend on if the employee could legally access and make the information public and what their goal in doing so was. I wouldn't think just because the information was already public that would get them off the hook if legally they are prohibited from doing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

I'd think that would depend on if the employee could legally access and make the information public and what their goal in doing so was. I wouldn't think just because the information was already public that would get them off the hook if legally they are prohibited from doing it.

I've got to believe reading an article on a public website is legal. As is how I found his house, through the county auditor's site and google maps.

His goal was to make a joke.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

I've got to believe reading an article on a public website is legal. As is how I found his house, through the county auditor's site and google maps.

Who's goal? You seem to know more about it than is in that article?

If it's publically available information that a person has HIV and I'm an employee of a medical facility that has access to their records, that doesn't absolve me of HIPAA regulations and allow me reveal their medical information, and if I made that information public in an attempt to harm them that would be doxing (just a pretty poor attempt at it).

Again, I have no idea what sort of regulations govern govt. employees that have access to information such as addresses. I'd think that would be protected at some level, but not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snipped for readability
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Who's goal? You seem to know more about it than is in that article?

If it's publically available information that a person has HIV and I'm an employee of a medical facility that has access to their records, that doesn't absolve me of HIPAA regulations and allow me reveal their medical information, and if I made that information public in an attempt to harm them that would be doxing (just a pretty poor attempt at it).

Again, I have no idea what sort of regulations govern govt. employees that have access to information such as addresses. I'd think that would be protected at some level, but not sure.

The person who made this tweet:

Addresses are not a secret and are not protected by any sort of confidentiality law, including in Missouri since I just found it on the public facing side of a government site.

Every single county I have looked in (and I am a nosy little fucker so I look a lot) has a county auditor's site that lets you do real estate searches. I found his property with nothing other than Lee's Summit and his last name. Jackson County, MO actually gives a lot less info than most. But I know when he bought it, what he paid, that his wife's name is on it and the address. I had to use Google Streetview for the picture. Here in Ohio many counties also have pictures on the auditor's site. Mine just has the overhead shot, You can usually also get all the property tax info (amount owed, when paid, etc.), square footage, a sketch, all the recent sales, ...

Last edited by: j p o: May 22, 24 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Kicker Harrison Butker

Dude, most places you can search the county property assessor and get anyone’s address. Just another reason to put your house into a trust.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

Not really propaganda...these are capitalists who feed off clicks. They have no political agenda - it's outrage farming for clicks.

What do you have against Pearl Jam?

I have a soft spot for Pearl Jam because they play in Missoula. One of my coworkers at my college job coffee shop dated a Pearl Jammer when I was in college. They’re playing in Missoula right around the time I drop my son off for school next year. Good old Pearl Jam. lol
Quote Reply
Re: Harrison Butker [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

What do you have against Pearl Jam?

I have a soft spot for Pearl Jam because they play in Missoula. One of my coworkers at my college job coffee shop dated a Pearl Jammer when I was in college. They’re playing in Missoula right around the time I drop my son off for school next year. Good old Pearl Jam. lol

I was going to make a comment, but then I realized that I was seriously messing up my US geography. Instead, I shall reply without saying anything to contribute to the thread.

I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF ST FORUMS!
Quote Reply

Prev Next