Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
RandMart wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Oops. Apparently the local police department has said that the officer who was involved in the interaction with Scheffler either wasn’t wearing his mandated body cam or didn’t activate it.

I generally don't trust anything that comes after "the local police department has said..."

Which is a large part of why body cameras were needed in the first place.

If I'm the prosecutor, I'm dropping these charges the second I hear, "Well, I didn't have it turned on..." unless there is video from some other source.

The charges are for sure going to get dropped. More eyewitness accounts lend credibility to the idea that the police officer was...overly enthusiastic.
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
RandMart wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Oops. Apparently the local police department has said that the officer who was involved in the interaction with Scheffler either wasn’t wearing his mandated body cam or didn’t activate it.

I generally don't trust anything that comes after "the local police department has said..."

Which is a large part of why body cameras were needed in the first place.

If I'm the prosecutor, I'm dropping these charges the second I hear, "Well, I didn't have it turned on..." unless there is video from some other source.

Coincidentally, this is the same police department involved in the Breonna Taylor shooting, which is what generated their requirement for body cams.

Hopefully, they take this as an opportunity to learn, but most likely they will discipline the cop and move on.
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [LacticacidMCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting: https://www.espn.com/...e-scheffler-incident

I watched the video that is linked in the story and I really don't see what the officer is saying happened. It is in the upper left hand corner of the video. I never see the guy fall, but you do see someone chase his car down. Plus, the officer is being addressed for not following expectations with body camera.

Maybe the "incident" happened prior to the turn, but the way it was described by the injured officer from the get-go I thought it happened after he was stopped...
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:

I watched the video that is linked in the story and I really don't see what the officer is saying happened. It is in the upper left hand corner of the video. I never see the guy fall, but you do see someone chase his car down. Plus, the officer is being addressed for not following expectations with body camera.

Maybe the "incident" happened prior to the turn, but the way it was described by the injured officer from the get-go I thought it happened after he was stopped...

According to the way I read the story that would have happened behind the bus. According to the police, he told him to stop, then he took off dragging the cop, then he stopped again.

Sure would be nice to have some footage from that encounter. Too bad we just don't have the technology for that to be possible.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Looks like Chappy was right in this case.

Thank you for saying I was right before I even posted about this.

“Cops lie” is once again proving to be the correct assumption to make. Sadly there are still people that think cops should not have to follow the law and should be allowed to lie.
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
littlefoot wrote:

According to the way I read the story that would have happened behind the bus. According to the police, he told him to stop, then he took off dragging the cop, then he stopped again.

Sure would be nice to have some footage from that encounter. Too bad we just don't have the technology for that to be possible.

The cops story is likely made up. Shocking, I know.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ve investigated ourselves and found we are in need of another paid vacation.

Maybe if this happens to enough rich and famous white people we can begin to have serious conversations about holding LEO accountable. If this officer falsified a police report, he should be charged. Plain and simple. If this was you or me, we’d be on our way to tens of thousands of dollars in legal bills and a solid stint of community service. If we were a person of color? Scary to think about.
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two tiers of justice. The rich white guy got away with assaulting a police officer. All charges dropped.

It was funny, while this case was pending we went to a concert and saw some cops directing traffic after just go off on a guy trying to make a turn. We saw the whole thing and had no idea what they wanted the guy to do or what they thought he had done. But I did hear, "do you want do what we tell you and go home tonight or should we just arrest you?" I never did figure out what they were mad about.

My guess is Scottie got confused and the cop started yelling and he didn't stop right away. But with all the lights and shit going on maybe he should have just sat tight for a minute.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: May 29, 24 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Two tiers of justice. The rich white guy got away with assaulting a police officer. All charges dropped.

Yeah. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that this was the right outcome, and it was genuine confusion combined with some of poor LEO behavior/confusion.

But if this was an 18 y.o. black kid in Compton who got confused at an accident scene, and a cop ended up hitting the tarmac.....oof.
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
Looks like Chappy was right in this case.

Thank you for saying I was right before I even posted about this.

“Cops lie” is once again proving to be the correct assumption to make. Sadly there are still people that think cops should not have to follow the law and should be allowed to lie.

can't believe it took you 54 posts to jump in
Quote Reply
Re: Scottie Scheffler detained entering Valhalla [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As expected, all charges officially dropped.
Quote Reply

Prev Next