Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yes, except the 34 felonies are all part of a single scheme. Trump won’t —and shouldn’t — get twice the punishment compared to a scenario in which there were just 17 false records.

Completely agree. My only main point was that cohens max sentencing was 15 years. He didnt get that. Trump isnt going to get his max sentencing.

With the eye test (obviously not the test), Trump getting something similar to Cohen would make sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, we have a range of guesses about what the sentence will be, from probation to house arrest at Mar-a-Lago to an actual term in jail.

I imagine we all agree that the sentence will not be enforced until the appeal ends, which will be after the election.

If that is all true, will we be voting not only for President, but also for whether Trump will ever receive the sentence that is handed down?

If we are de facto voting for whether he will actually serve house arrest or a jail term, I think that hurts Trump. I think a lot of people who are not that enthused to get out and vote for Biden could get out to vote to actually see Trump be punished. That plays right into the mindset of a country that loves to watch reality television.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
So, we have a range of guesses about what the sentence will be, from probation to house arrest at Mar-a-Lago to an actual term in jail.

I imagine we all agree that the sentence will not be enforced until the appeal ends, which will be after the election.

If that is all true, will we be voting not only for President, but also for whether Trump will ever receive the sentence that is handed down?

If we are de facto voting for whether he will actually serve house arrest or a jail term, I think that hurts Trump. I think a lot of people who are not that enthused to get out and vote for Biden could get out to vote to actually see Trump be punished. That plays right into the mindset of a country that loves to watch reality television.[/quote]

Perhaps that is what trump needs to do. He agrees to not run for president but he gets a reality tv show documenting his time as a felon and he gets to keep the proceeds from the show. After all, the only thing trump loves as much as himself is himself getting publicity and money.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Perhaps that is what trump needs to do. He agrees to not run for president but he gets a reality tv show documenting his time as a felon and he gets to keep the proceeds from the show. After all, the only thing trump loves as much as himself is himself getting publicity and money.

I dont think people appreciate just how much money trump is getting for running from office. He is literally just taking bribes from certain industries in the tens if not hundreds of millions amounts.

Its nuts that in 2016 trump ran as a candidate that he is too rich to influence and is paying for his own campaign. And now he openly just has various interest groups come visit him, and donate to his campaign.
Last edited by: sosayusall: Jun 4, 24 9:18
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its nuts that in 2016 trump ran as a candidate that he is too rich to influence and is paying for his own campaign. And now he openly just has various interest groups come visit him, and donate to his campaign. //

So in practice nothing has changed, just how he publicly speaks about it...
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is off-topic really, but I couldn't see any other place for it.....

That Fauci hearing yesterday literally made me feel ill. I mean, here is a guy who did a job for 40+ years, is well respected amongst thinking people (ie not Trumpbots), is (or was?) actually a Republican, and he had to sit through that??

Trump / GOP pandemic failures means that you have to blane others. And that blame game has affected Fauci's life in a big way.

Who could have imagined 10 or even 5 years ago that such a clown-show could happen? It reminded me of the Nazi show trials after Hitler's plotters were caught. What the GOP will do for one depraved man is incomprehensible.

I wish Fauci would write a book and pull absolutely no punches. Then he can have a last word without morons like MTG spewing shit at him and not allowing a response.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k.)
I never did Triathlon. (Sue me.)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:

That Fauci hearing yesterday literally made me feel ill. I mean, here is a guy who did a job for 40+ years, is well respected amongst thinking people (ie not Trumpbots), is (or was?) actually a Republican, and he had to sit through that??

Trump / GOP pandemic failures means that you have to blane others. And that blame game has affected Fauci's life in a big way.

Who could have imagined 10 or even 5 years ago that such a clown-show could happen? It reminded me of the Nazi show trials after Hitler's plotters were caught. What the GOP will do for one depraved man is incomprehensible.

I wish Fauci would write a book and pull absolutely no punches. Then he can have a last word without morons like MTG spewing shit at him and not allowing a response.

It is weirdly a bit like the portion of Oppenheimer that centered around his hearings and trying to question his loyalty.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Skuj wrote:

It is weirdly a bit like the portion of Oppenheimer that centered around his hearings and trying to question his loyalty.

Yes. Will these films be shown in later years after America comes to grips with this crazy period? We can only hope.

I'm constantly amused at GOP shouting "Weaponization Of The Justice System", while at the same time decrying, and trying to interfere with various trials and judgements. Today Mike Fucking Johnson is presenting his 3-pronged attack against such things.

And some Repuke Senators are warning Judge Merchand. "Don't you dare imprison Covfefe."

Can you make this up?

Everything that the GOP is doing is.....Weaponization Of The Justice System.

This is the party of Law And Order?

I'm worried about July 11th. It might make January 6th look like a playground.

I only swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MAGA had a shot at a successful coup on Jan 6, when they had the deck stacked in their favor. They didn’t succeed & they can’t succeed now with less favorable conditions.

Will they be violent? That’s the threat/scare tactic terrorists use. Don’t fall for it. They’re trying to bluff — but they already showed their cards.

MAGA can do nothing but lose. It will be a massively fun party to destroy them at the ballot box in November. It’s the vote of a lifetime.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:
MAGA had a shot at a successful coup on Jan 6, when they had the deck stacked in their favor. They didn’t succeed & they can’t succeed now with less favorable conditions.

Will they be violent? That’s the threat/scare tactic terrorists use. Don’t fall for it. They’re trying to bluff — but they already showed their cards.

MAGA can do nothing but lose. It will be a massively fun party to destroy them at the ballot box in November. It’s the vote of a lifetime.

I wish I had your confidence. I think we are sleepwalking towards disaster.

And Dems.....where's the outrage? After Johnson today, where is the major pushback? Where is the big speech about who really is trying to weaponize DOJ?

Everyday I find myself thinking "Biden....DO SOMETHING MORE."

I want Newsom.

I only swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Skuj wrote:

Yes. Will these films be shown in later years after America comes to grips with this crazy period? We can only hope.

I'm constantly amused at GOP shouting "Weaponization Of The Justice System", while at the same time decrying, and trying to interfere with various trials and judgements. Today Mike Fucking Johnson is presenting his 3-pronged attack against such things.

And some Repuke Senators are warning Judge Merchand. "Don't you dare imprison Covfefe."

Can you make this up?

Everything that the GOP is doing is.....Weaponization Of The Justice System.

This is the party of Law And Order?

I'm worried about July 11th. It might make January 6th look like a playground.

I was at first worried about violence too if Trump is convicted or put in jail, but I am starting to think its more and more likely that nothing would happen in terms of violence. I don't recall many stories about protestors outside the courthouse during and of these trials and so far, not a peep of violence.

You add the fact that its very likely Trump is not ever sentenced to any confinement, and I don't think there will be any riots. Jan 6 was a riot based upon opportunity. A bunch mad people that whipped themselves up into a frenzy and just wanted to break stuff. I don't see that if Trump is given a jail sentence as the numbers don't appear to show up and care anymore like they did on Jan 6. A riot of 15 people is not really a riot.

If I could insert GIFS I would use the one of the little guy on Arrested Development where he says " You can't stop us, there are tens of us here" or something similar as it shows a sparse crowd of about 15 people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:

And Dems.....where's the outrage? After Johnson today, where is the major pushback? Where is the big speech about who really is trying to weaponize DOJ?

I want Newsom.

Merrick Garland did spend 5 hours today reading them the riot act.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contrast all this with Biden and his son's trial (which even Graham admits might not have happened to someone not named Biden!) Will Joe be there decrying the case? Will he publicly ask for leniency? Of course not. Only the Cult Party thinks this is ok.

I only swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
Contrast all this with Biden and his son's trial (which even Graham admits might not have happened to someone not named Biden!) Will Joe be there decrying the case? Will he publicly ask for leniency? Of course not. Only the Cult Party thinks this is ok.

Maybe the democrats need to start attending his trial rather than doing their jobs in Congress and the Senate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:

I want Newsom.

I think you may be underestimating just how powerful dignity can appear.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Skuj wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:

I want Newsom.

I think you may be underestimating just how powerful dignity can appear.

Honestly, it’s not Biden’s job to do what needs to be done. It’s the juries. It’s the voters. It’s YOU!

Biden is one person campaigning for office. There are millions of Americans who can help him campaign for office.

If you want to do something, you can get active. It is really fun & interesting to volunteer for a campaign! I highly recommend it. You can be as chatty as you like. You can be as serious or superficial as you like. You can limit your involvement to people and events that reflect who you are and your particular love for democracy.

🔥🔥🔥
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:

surely we'd all be cool if biden held pressers on the curb outside hunter's courtroom, every day, calling the judge corrupt and conflicting, impugning the judge's family, and referring to the trial as a sham?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Skuj wrote:

surely we'd all be cool if biden held pressers on the curb outside hunter's courtroom, every day, calling the judge corrupt and conflicting, impugning the judge's family, and referring to the trial as a sham?

I am quite positive sdg, chad, windy, matt would have no trouble with that. And again, I think as many democrat Senators and Congress folks should attend the trial on a daily basis. And, they need to hold a press conference outside the courthouse to say what a sham this trial is.
Quote Reply

Prev Next