Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: trump to big oil - donate $1B and I will ease environmental restrictions [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No matter how deplorable Trump's actions he knows Republicans will defend, deflect, and obfuscate for him with flaccid whattaboutisms.
Quote Reply
Re: trump to big oil - donate $1B and I will ease environmental restrictions [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFloyd wrote:
Rick_pcfl wrote:
I wonder what other policies he's sold to those with money?

. https://www.yahoo.com/...-laws-151641577.html

Donald Trump dangled a brazen “deal” in front of some of the top US oil bosses last month, proposing that they give him $1bn for his White House re-election campaign and vowing that once back in office he would instantly tear up Joe Biden’s environmental regulations and prevent any new ones, according to a bombshell new report.

According to the Washington Post, the former US president made his jaw-dropping pitch, which the paper described as “remarkably blunt and transactional”, at a dinner at his Mar-a-Lago home and club.

In front of more than 20 executives, including from Chevron, Exxon and Occidental Petroleum, he promised to increase oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, remove hurdles to drilling in the Alaskan Arctic, and reverse new rules designed to cut car pollution. He would also overturn the Biden administration’s decision in January to pause new natural gas export permits which have been denounced as “climate bombs”.

“You’ll get it on the first day,” Trump said, according to the Post, citing an unnamed dinner attendee.

Amen. I'm so glad that Democrats have cleaned up this practice since Trump invented it. I've also heard Trump is considering a massive payout to green EV makers and eliminating a massive amount of college student debt to buyoff college-age voters. If that happens then it might infect other politicians like Chicago mayor to pander to unions. Until then, we're safe from those insidious things happening.

here's one way to think of it, if you want to:

every citizen has one equal vote. but very few have a billion dollars. that's the difference between democracy and plutocracy.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: trump to big oil - donate $1B and I will ease environmental restrictions [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trifloyd holds himself out to be an expert in hermeneutics. Trifloyd cannot distinguish between promises made in exchange for cash and promises made for votes.

Every social scientist who studies the decline of Christianity in America has concluded that the hypocrisy of the church is the leading cause. So the consequences of your actions are pretty grave. You want to vote for Trump because he’ll lower taxes, and you convince yourself he’s good for “faith” in America. Reality is he might lower taxes but he undoubtedly damages the faith community’s standing in America.

How are you not voting for your wallet over your faith?
Quote Reply
Re: trump to big oil - donate $1B and I will ease environmental restrictions [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Trifloyd holds himself out to be an expert in hermeneutics. Trifloyd cannot distinguish between promises made in exchange for cash and promises made for votes.

Every social scientist who studies the decline of Christianity in America has concluded that the hypocrisy of the church is the leading cause. So the consequences of your actions are pretty grave. You want to vote for Trump because he’ll lower taxes, and you convince yourself he’s good for “faith” in America. Reality is he might lower taxes but he undoubtedly damages the faith community’s standing in America.

How are you not voting for your wallet over your faith?

I have said that I believe that the evangelical's support for trump and likes of MTG and Boebert are going to cause a serious decline in Christianity. They appear to be fake Christians because their walk is much different from their talk.

If I'm someone who isn't a Christian and see the evangelicals supporting, embracing and loving someone as immoral as trump, MTG and Boebert - why would I think that joining a church and becoming like them is a good thing?
Quote Reply

Prev Next