Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Thom wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Putting Trump it jail will only further his victim mindset and gets his gang to fight back and others will follow suit. If you can't see that you're lost.

If you can't see that going light on a criminal out of fear of his supporters is banana republic territory, you might be the one that is lost. What his fans think or might do can't be a factor in his sentencing. Equal justice under the law. I'm sure Trump would agree with me, he's very concerned about a two-tiered justice system.

And if you can't see that many people will try to start a civil war if he is jailed you're lost. That doesn't mean I support it at all, just pointing it out. They are already trying to find out the jurors to take them out.

If Trump goes to jail, we can very well see J6 as a light riot compared to what could happen somewhere at sometime in the future.

Do I think Trump should go to jail? IDK I don't really care, but that's my opinion and I don't have enough legal understanding and historical perspective to know if jail time fits the bill here.

What is the alternative?

The US bends the law in favour of someone who has never known what it means to be held accountable. Ever.

That seems to be an even worse outcome. There has to come a point when a bad dog faces discipline. Otherwise they just get worse and worse. And it’s hard to conceive of what could be worse than the judicial system of a developed country bending to the will of a bad dog.

The fact that lots of people think the bad dog is entertaining is a terrible commentary on the fact that the dog has been allowed to get as bad as it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And if you can't see that many people will try to start a civil war if he is jailed you're lost.//

You mean like Jan 6th?? I think the consequences for those folks has hit mana Maggits very hard. Before that they thought they would be like their fearless leader, untouchable. But the 1000's that are being prosecuted and many already jailed, well think was a wake up call for the non hard core. Even those hard core that got like 15 to 18 years set the standard to what happens if you organize these things. I think they are called paper tigers..

I was talking to my wife about this, and asked so is your parents going to unlock their guns and come after us and the kids?? I mean when you look at the dynamic of the Trumpers, they are surrounded by woke family and vice versa...There will be no civil war, but could be some numb nuts like on the 6th that still think they are doing the lords work through Trump....

Couldn’t agree more. No more than a few clueless idiots are ever going to try to do more than whine on Truth Social or Facebook. Most people with half a brain know that Trump is a lying, criminal loser. They just like him because he’s THEIR lying, criminal loser! But they’re not about to ruin their lives and go to jail for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

“That seems to be an even worse outcome. There has to come a point when a bad dog faces discipline. Otherwise they just get worse and worse. And it’s hard to conceive of what could be worse than the judicial system of a developed country bending to the will of a bad dog.

The fact that lots of people think the bad dog is entertaining is a terrible commentary on the fact that the dog has been allowed to get as bad as it is. “

Governor Noem’s ears just perked up.
Last edited by: tyrod1: Jun 1, 24 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

“That seems to be an even worse outcome. There has to come a point when a bad dog faces discipline. Otherwise they just get worse and worse. And it’s hard to conceive of what could be worse than the judicial system of a developed country bending to the will of a bad dog.

The fact that lots of people think the bad dog is entertaining is a terrible commentary on the fact that the dog has been allowed to get as bad as it is. “

Governor Noem’s ears just perked up.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:
907Tri wrote:

And if you can't see that many people will try to start a civil war if he is jailed you're lost. That doesn't mean I support it at all, just pointing it out. They are already trying to find out the jurors to take them out.

If Trump goes to jail, we can very well see J6 as a light riot compared to what could happen somewhere at sometime in the future.

Do I think Trump should go to jail? IDK I don't really care, but that's my opinion and I don't have enough legal understanding and historical perspective to know if jail time fits the bill here.

If people choose to get violent, that’s their choice. They have free will. There will be consequences.

I think it’s fine if you want to point out that people will resort to violence—because they are frustrated or angry. I get it. They have strong feelings.

But the bad decisions of people should not impact our application of the law. As parents we don’t modify our rules because the toddler has a tantrum. The toddler is frustrated. The toddler is angry. But we have rules, and there are consequences for breaking rules. The toddler gets a time out. Trump will receive an appropriate punishment.

The same is true for all of us. There are consequences to poor choices. We are a civilized society. People will need to remember that we resolve disputes with words, not fists. A protest is fine. A riot isn’t.

Well said.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And if you can't see that many people will try to start a civil war if he is jailed you're lost.//

You mean like Jan 6th?? I think the consequences for those folks has hit mana Maggits very hard. Before that they thought they would be like their fearless leader, untouchable. But the 1000's that are being prosecuted and many already jailed, well think was a wake up call for the non hard core. Even those hard core that got like 15 to 18 years set the standard to what happens if you organize these things. I think they are called paper tigers.

Except law enforcement has seen the protest turn into a riot and will be better prepared and with more personal if another event is scheduled. This happened in the 60's with the political protests against the war that turned into riots. LE ramped up to the point that they had the upper hand. There may be a lone wolf or two, but they will be viewed and outliers, not as a movement.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
sphere wrote:
Imagine him getting only house arrest for 34 felonies, and that house is a beachfront resort in Miami.

Pablo Escobar didn't have it as good.

Comparing the crimes of Trump to Escobar is a tad disingenuous. Trump's are glorified misdemeanors, and calling them felonies is only hair over the borderline.
Full disclosure, I've always hated Trump, and wished that they could have been about 6 - 12 months quicker in working the Mar a Logo documents case so it would be done by now.

Interfering with a federal election (of the President, no less) is a glorified misdemeanor? Really?

And by "they", you mean Trump appointee Judge Cannon, right?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Thom wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Putting Trump it jail will only further his victim mindset and gets his gang to fight back and others will follow suit. If you can't see that you're lost.

If you can't see that going light on a criminal out of fear of his supporters is banana republic territory, you might be the one that is lost. What his fans think or might do can't be a factor in his sentencing. Equal justice under the law. I'm sure Trump would agree with me, he's very concerned about a two-tiered justice system.

And if you can't see that many people will try to start a civil war if he is jailed you're lost.

Nonsense. All those cosplayers out there in their camo gear are pussies: they saw what happened to the 1/6 folks, and understand that they don't want to go through that, especially if they attempt armed rebellion ("civil war?" C'mon). The attendance at his rallies is sharply diminishing, and the count of supporters at the trial was in the low single digits.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add dumarse before pussies.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
907Tri wrote:
Thom wrote:
907Tri wrote:

And if you can't see that many people will try to start a civil war if he is jailed you're lost.

Nonsense. All those cosplayers out there in their camo gear are pussies: they saw what happened to the 1/6 folks, and understand that they don't want to go through that, especially if they attempt armed rebellion ("civil war?" C'mon). The attendance at his rallies is sharply diminishing, and the count of supporters at the trial was in the low single digits.

At this point Meal Team 6 might actually consist of only 6 people.

The odds of an actual sizable armed rebellion mobilizing and affecting anything before the feds have them zip tied and vanned is somewhere around zero.

But the threads on Truth Social will be lit!

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:
907Tri wrote:

If people choose to get violent, that’s their choice. They have free will. There will be consequences.

I think it’s fine if you want to point out that people will resort to violence—because they are frustrated or angry. I get it. They have strong feelings.

But the bad decisions of people should not impact our application of the law. As parents we don’t modify our rules because the toddler has a tantrum. The toddler is frustrated. The toddler is angry. But we have rules, and there are consequences for breaking rules. The toddler gets a time out. Trump will receive an appropriate punishment.

The same is true for all of us. There are consequences to poor choices. We are a civilized society. People will need to remember that we resolve disputes with words, not fists. A protest is fine. A riot isn’t.

I never said they should change Trump's punishment to his cult actions, just connecting the dots of what could happen.

These sorts of considerations are why the British sent Napoleon to St Helena. The first exile didn't work out that well of course. The place to beat Trump is ideally the ballot box

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next