Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure
Quote | Reply
WTF? The guy is a troll.

https://www.cnn.com/...ed-sequin/index.html

Macron was supposed to be the sensitive sensible democrat.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: spockman: May 8, 24 4:37
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macron is not a Democrat, he is French. He is the leader of the Renaissance party that includes people from the left and the right. The people backing Depardieu are overwhelmingly from the hard right, which Macon has been recently trying to court with stunts like this and the new immigration law.

Macron has since clarified his comments. Pretty mealy mouth explanation.
President Emmanuel Macron Clarifies Position On GĂ©rard Depardieu (deadline.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which guy is a troll?

Yeah, Depardieu seems to be an ass (the whole innocent until proven guilty thing). But he is a damn good actor and in some of my all time favorite movies.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean, he is the only French actor I can name.
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Maurice Chevalier, Louis Jordan, Pepe Le Pew

Ok -Maurice and Louis are dead, so maybe you have a point.
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean democrat in terms of reasonable person believing in democratic government. Not as in American political parties

Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Ah, c'mon, how can you miss this guy?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depardiea seems like a troll. I think he was the guy who also was talking about leaving the country to avoid paying high taxes in France. Although the tax level proposed was pretty punitive

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Catherine is the only other one who comes to mind.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Not even Audrey Tautou?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Don't know the first two, but you got me on Pepe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spockman wrote:
Depardiea seems like a troll. I think he was the guy who also was talking about leaving the country to avoid paying high taxes in France. Although the tax level proposed was pretty punitive

That's most of them. Why do you think lots of tennis players, race car drivers and some actors/singers (Bono for example) live in Monaco.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

And Pepe smells like he is.
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Not even Audrey

And Juliette Binoche? And (sort of) Charlotte Rampling....
Quote Reply
Re: Emmanuel Macron thinks Gerard Depardieu is a national treasure [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It reminds you of how Roman Polanski continued to be feted around the world while living on the lam after drugging and raping a 13 year old girl. Or Michael Jackson, or ...... or Donald Trump?

Not a fan of cancel culture particularly, but I find it hard to say, "rapist, sure, but such an artist" or "rapist, sure, but tax cuts."
Quote Reply