Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Thanks. FWIW I doubt this would be the case to put him behind bars. The Mar-a-Lago documents case, yes, but not this one.

I was interested in the potential effect of the barbs thrown at the judge. Thinking about it, maybe there isn’t a lot of precedent for how to deal with that behaviour.

As with most things Trump, there is no precedence for his behavior. From ripping on public figures, insulting friends and foe's alike, calling out people's ugly wives, ( then asking for their political support), etc etc, all sense of decorum is long gone.

No one knows how to deal with much of what he does and its treading new ground.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only new ground that is being tread are those that perpetuate baseless lies on his behalf, while gaining absolutely nothing from it other than to trigger the libs. Know anyone who does that? I think the systems in place are dealing with him as they should. The misplaced “no one knows how to deal with it” is only realized when you reread point one.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
The only new ground that is being tread are those that perpetuate baseless lies on his behalf, while gaining absolutely nothing from it other than to trigger the libs. Know anyone who does that? I think the systems in place are dealing with him as they should. The misplaced “no one knows how to deal with it” is only realized when you reread point one.

I stand corrected.

Show me the political candidates that have torn into each other like Trump does to his opponents. Show me the defendants that are hugely popular public figures that claim the judges hearing their cases are corrupt during the case, show me the public figures that insult other folks to the extent Trump does to friend and foe in public discourse. I will wait for examples.

Show me any public figure that has eradicated any sense of decorum like Trump has as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://thehill.com/...y-notes-transcripts/

I'm no expert, and I know we shouldn't guess where the jury is going. But is this bad or good for Covfefe? 😂

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k.)
I never did Triathlon. (Sue me.)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. The hush money is small peanuts compared to the GA election interference and the classified documents case. The intent interests me in the latter. Did he keep the documents because they are valuable commodities? Or was there a plan to hand the documents to someone in particular?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick_pcfl wrote:
trail wrote:

Trump's "right wing" schtick is a tactic, and nothing more. He could just have easily adopted Blagojevich's "Democrat" act if it had appeared more advantageous at the time. But Trump understood the Tea Party anti-Obama energy was powerful and there for him to harness. He understands that Blagojevich is his class of people. And Blagojevich "gets" Trump.

That's what's most infuriating to me when I see good, rural salt-of-the-earth people in my area being huge MAGA fans. They don't see that it's all an act. Not even a very good act.

I've said this before. Most of the MAGA people that I personally know are good people. They are good workers and neighbors. They are honest, hard working, generous, kind and faithful to their families. They would never consider cheating someone out of money, nor would they threaten, harass or lie about someone. They wouldn't tolerate any of that behavior from their kids, yet for some reason they support a guy who does all of that.

I think that some of it is related to what Sphere commented on in the post about his relatives. They are simply oblivious to much of it because they don't hear it on Fox, or if they do Fox is lying about it. They dismiss is as lame-stream-media lies, or they simply refuse to believe it.
Yes? If I were stranded somewhere calling my progressive city folk friends would get me a 'bummer dude so sorry that happened'. My couple of conservative friends would jump in their truck and come get me right away no questions asked. One is MAGA immune thank fuck. The other sadly fell for it all starting in 2016.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Yes. The hush money is small peanuts compared to the GA election interference and the classified documents case. The intent interests me in the latter. Did he keep the documents because they are valuable commodities? Or was there a plan to hand the documents to someone in particular?

Well, we can start a thread about that trial.

Oh.......wait.........

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k.)
I never did Triathlon. (Sue me.)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that's disappointing but not surprising.

I worked in NIST 800.53 shops. Taking a single document out of the enclave would have us arrested and prosecuted. Taking boxes and boxes of TS-SCI, hiding them, and lying about it: "doesn't look like anything to me". It's infuriating.
Last edited by: Dilbert: May 29, 24 14:40
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Yeah that's disappointing but not surprising.

I worked in NIST 800.53 shops. Taking a single document out of the enclave would have us arrested and prosecuted. Taking boxes and boxes of TS-SCI, hiding them, and lying about it: "doesn't look like anything to me". It's infuriating.

My company is NIST 800-171, which as I understand is similar to 53 except our networks interface with another defense contractor, and 53 interfaces with the actual DOD. You are correct, violating those safe guards on purpose is a very big deal.

Not as big of a deal as when I was active duty on nuclear submarines, but still not something you want to experience

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jury instructions.

https://www.nycourts.gov/...0FINAL%205-23-24.pdf

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next