Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fisker Ocean "extreme"
Quote | Reply
What used to be 80$K (Can) is now on for 48$K, if you live in Quebec another 12k$ off....Who's in? Federally we get 5k$ ev grant, provincially you can get rebates, but here in BC they are income tested.

Been scrolling the Reddit forums and it is unlikely that I will take the risk given the potential software issues of an EV company going bankrupt in the next 1-2 months and those potential impacts on functionality, is anyone considering the risk at about 30$k USD?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Fisker Ocean "extreme" [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck keeping it running if the company goes under.
Quote Reply
Re: Fisker Ocean "extreme" [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there was a story about a lady who got dinged in a parking lot and the damage was about 1k but they wrote the vehicle off.

There is also Y2Kish talk of armageddon and all cars coing "dark" at the point of receivership.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
There is also Y2Kish talk of armageddon...

So a bunch of fear mongering that turns out to be nothing?
Quote Reply
Re: Fisker Ocean "extreme" [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Fisker Ocean "extreme" [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

So you're considering?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fisker is going, going, almost gone.

Not only that but they are not very good cars, and Fisker isn't much of a company. They didn't do any engineering, design or testing. They just went to a contract builder, Magna Steyr, and had them make a car from ''off the shelf'' parts. They've been full of problems and they've only been able to sell about half of the cars they sold.

Once they go under, you'll be on your own and it probably won't take long before your expensive car becomes a lawn ornament.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Thom wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

So you're considering?

Maurice

No, but not because I think they're all going to get bricked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be like car nuts of cheaper cars that people fix up for funā€¦..buy two! One to drive and a parts bin in the other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There have been many reviews of that vehicle that suggest it is one of the worst vehicles currently produced. Marques Brownlee's is a good place to start.
Quote Reply
Re: Fisker Ocean "extreme" [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Be like car nuts of cheaper cars that people fix up for funā€¦..buy two! One to drive and a parts bin in the other.

Some People are actually thinking this way, but the discount is not enough yet. Ultimately everything has a correct price. It *may* be a ā€œdealā€ on the used market in 2-3 years.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Successful value investing involves two things:
1) An identifiable reason my the market is incorrectly discounting something.
2) An identifiable process through which this mis-pricing will correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Fisker Ocean "extreme" [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
There have been many reviews of that vehicle that suggest it is one of the worst vehicles currently produced. Marques Brownlee's is a good place to start.

To note, I own a 2001 jimmy, which has 120k miles. It is our town/dump/construction vehicle and also serves to get me to work 5 miles away. It has a hitch and 4x4, plus the windows and AC work!

My wife is looking at new, when we buy I will get her car, a 2012 outlander with 70k miles.

Our use case for the new/road tripper/out of towner is likely a plug in hybrid, so even if the reviews were stellar this car is likely not for us even at this current discount.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

To note, I own a 2001 jimmy, which has 120k miles. It is our town/dump/construction vehicle and also serves to get me to work 5 miles away. It has a hitch and 4x4, plus the windows and AC work!

My wife is looking at new, when we buy I will get her car, a 2012 outlander with 70k miles.

Our use case for the new/road tripper/out of towner is likely a plug in hybrid, so even if the reviews were stellar this car is likely not for us even at this current discount.

Maurice

Those are vehicles where you can easily get spare parts and mechanics to work on them.

The Fisker will not have a supply of parts unless you count cannibalizing other vehicles, which will be difficult because so few have been produced. I doubt you will find any mechanics that have even seen a Fisker.
Quote Reply