Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Skuj wrote:
Now we enter the Bookkeeping Error Phase:

https://thehill.com/...ping-error-new-york/

it is almost inevitable that once you enter the "sham trial" phase in the first place that other nonsensical phases would follow

the "bookkeeping error" phase is the opposite of and as silly as the "Trump knows everything that happens in the books of his multi billion dollar business and paid off a money grubbing whore to avoid election issues after 35 years of being painted as a playboy and having grab them by the Pu@@y already coming out" phase.

Anyone who tries to argue any "phase" of this has any more legitimacy than any other phase is in their "TDS high horse" phase

Dude, did we hear "Bookkeeping Error" until now? It's a new lie/tactic.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k.)
I never did Triathlon. (Sue me.)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some Trumpbots are asking why the jury was allowed to go home over the last week. Normally I ignore Trumpbots, but I have to join them for this one question. Isn't there any concern (amongst thinking people too) that the jury will become influenced by all of the available media, family, friends, etc etc...?

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k.)
I never did Triathlon. (Sue me.)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump just "truthed" out how unfair it is that the prosecution gets to go last (rebuttal to defense closing arguments) in presenting their closing arguments. Does he really think that he's being singled out here?

"Why can't the defense go last? Big advantage, very unfair. Witch hunt! DJT"

(except in all caps)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As always, either he is an idiot, thinks his followers are, or both. I'll go with both.

Is it also correct that he posted that the jury is going to have options (three?) about what he could be convicted for (it isn't "all or nothing") which he probably would have been told by his lawyers who say the judge's instructions?

If that is correct, that is bad news for Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he’s acquitted on any of the charges he will claim it was “TOTAL EXONERATION!!!”

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
Some Trumpbots are asking why the jury was allowed to go home over the last week. Normally I ignore Trumpbots, but I have to join them for this one question. Isn't there any concern (amongst thinking people too) that the jury will become influenced by all of the available media, family, friends, etc etc...?

That has been a risk throughout the trial. Maybe the risk of chatting with friends and neighbors is greater over a long holiday weekend. But, if we trust the jurors for the first 5-6 weeks of the trial, we might as well trust them over this long weekend.

Also, while I don’t know if Judge Merchan even had the power to sequester them, he might have had a near mutiny if he did. Taking all those days off — especially over the past two weeks — probably sits well enough with the jurors since they can go home each night. It would sit quite poorly if suddenly they were confined over the holiday weekend. It would be dubious, for example, to let Trump attend Barron’s graduation but then force all those jurors to spend the long weekend in some hotel sequestered from their own families.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A problem with sequestered juries is that they get to know each other and can start to discuss the evidence or deliberate in advance, which ca lead to mistrials, appeals, and new trials.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trial [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“either he is an idiot, thinks his followers are, or both. I'll go with both. “

He’s a clever idiot and he knows his followers are willful idiots. How else could he put out two tweets on Memoral Day, one griping about his own self inflicted wounds and another quoting the Bible about the nobility of laying down you life for another, as a draft dodger himself, and expect it to count in the plus column for him.

His followers are manipulable tools and he knows it. He depend on it. He literally banks on it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
A problem with sequestered juries is that they get to know each other and can start to discuss the evidence or deliberate in advance, which ca lead to mistrials, appeals, and new trials.

Another problem is that it is even harder to get people to serve on juries if they think they might get sequestered for a potentially lengthy period.
Quote Reply

Prev Next