Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2024 Concerts [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
today i got tickets to Dead and co at the Sphere through the pre-sale.

My wife is more of a fan than i, but i've been listening to the Dead channel on Sirius XM when we are in the car together -

Weirdest experience when buying the tickets - they kept disappearing out of my cart, and I had to keep selecting new tickets. I've bought a lot of tickets from Ticketmaster and that's the first time that's happened.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That happens a lot with hot sales....

Adding mot a concert, but the cast of Curb Your Enthusiasm at the Dolby Theatre LA for a screening and discussion. Should be a hoot
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
That happens a lot with hot sales....

Adding mot a concert, but the cast of Curb Your Enthusiasm at the Dolby Theatre LA for a screening and discussion. Should be a hoot

https://nypost.com/...i-would-do-it-again/

Larry david is a treasure. Elmo as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [Helltrack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that, so good
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
DJ Shadow, February, Boston.

That reminds me that I have to buy tickets

Did you get the tickets? Seattle show sold out in within a few weeks.

Caught the show last week. It was good to see him, but overall setlist and production of the show was not as good as his last major tour in 2015-2017. Still a good show, but I feel like his last tour had perhaps the best AV production I've ever seen, even more so for an artist of his size/notoriety.

He seemed very grateful for the sellout, sounded very humble about coming back after such a long period of time, greatly extended because of COVID.

Yep, was there last night. Could have bought tickets at the door (people were).
His last tour was more immersive, but this was still a good show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Metal Head here as well as Guitar Hero follower.

March 31 Lynch Mob (George Lynch on Guitar) San Juan Capistrano, Coach House
April 21 DragonForce Riverside CA, Municipal Auditorium
April 26 Firewind (Gus G. on guitar) Anaheim, HOB
May 11 Kamelot/HammerFall Anaheim, The Grove
June 28 Foreigner/STYX Anaheim, Honda Center
August 25 Def Leppard/Journey Los Angeles, SoFi Stadium
October 8 Iron Maiden Los Angeles, The Forum
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Announcement from my personal favorite today. I'm about half way between Detroit and Chicago so I may try to catch them twice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marcus king tour dates announced.
Will catch either green bay, chicago - may, or milwaukee, madison - sept.

Also, Trey Anastasio Band in May. Either, or maybe 2 nights. Chicago, madison, st paul.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doobie Brothers this summer which is a bucket list show for me.

We saw Brett Goldstein in November and he was good. Unfortunately, I had no clue who he was but my wife is a big Ted Lasso fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tedeschi Trucks @ Red Rocks, both nights
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
sphere wrote:
I took my oldest kid to see a guy he's been listening to for over a year now. I've been looking for tickets for the last six months or so and the only dates on the calendar are opening for Foo Fighters in California this summer. Turns out one of his producers died unexpectedly and they held a two day benefit concert for him in Philly this past weekend, so we say Saintseneca, Hop Along, and headliner Alex G at a small club in Northeast Philly. Great show, really enjoyed seeing my boy at his first ever concert and being able to provide that experience for him.

Hadn't heard of him until your post so I checked out some of his music - liking what I've heard so far.

Coincidentally, he's from the next town over from where I live.. not sure how he managed to fly under the radar locally.

I don't get many dad wins lately, but SPHERE FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!!

I just heard about and bought the last copy of a limited-edition vinyl pressing of the live recording from this show, my kid's first concert. He seems to appreciate how epic this is (he blew up my phone when he discovered it). Damn I would sever an appendage to get a vinyl copy of my first Tool show at the Electric Factory.

Hell to the Fuckyeah!

Quote:
Description
Alex G announces 'Live from Union Transfer', a limited-edition vinyl-only live album. The album features live renditions recorded over the course of Alex's three sold-out hometown shows at Philadelphia's Union Transfer that capped off his 2022 fall headlining tour in November 2022; the 14-song track list includes much of his universally acclaimed 2022 album 'God Save the Animals' as well as a selection of favourites from his past catalogue.

*upon further inspection it seems this is the same set list, same venue, but recorded months before at the end of his tour. Our show was a one-off benefit concert several months later. Slightly less epic but still a solid 10/10 for my kid. Taking the W.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Mar 22, 24 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just added Iration/Pepper to the schedule.
We saw Iration at the Waikiki Shell three weeks ago (awesome venue, with Diamond Head right there as a backdrop!) and just last week I mentioned to my buddy and his wife that based on the two bands' recent social media posts playing snippets of each other's songs, I would love to see them tour together. Fast forward to this morning and they announced a summer tour together.

ETA - the "live" part of this video was filmed at that concert and shows what the venue/Diamond Head looked before the sun went down and it couldn't be seen any more.

Right now the summer lineup looks like...

Jun 21 - Badfish (Sublime cover/tribute band)
Aug 01 - Iration/Pepper
Aug 11 & 16 - Donavon Frankenreiter
Sep 9 - Pearl Jam
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Apr 1, 24 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black Flag a couple weeks ago in Denver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since you live in Nashville - I think - Better than Ezra is playing there on 5/5
I love their music

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never seen them live, but I've seen Ezra and wasn't that impressed.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else at the Staind concert Tuesday night in Portland ME? Awesome show. One of the opening bands, 'Saint Asonia' (lead singer formerly of Three Days Grace) was the best performance of the night, so good!
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
since you live in Nashville - I think - Better than Ezra is playing there on 5/5
I love their music

I got an email about that from the venue but I think we are going to the baseball game that day.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I've never seen them live, but I've seen Ezra and wasn't that impressed.

Not surprised. They're better

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LiveNation Concert Week promotion started this morning. $25 tickets for a bunch of upcoming shows. Not even a ton of extra fees.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
LiveNation Concert Week promotion started this morning. $25 tickets for a bunch of upcoming shows. Not even a ton of extra fees.

I'd slept on getting the above-mentioned Iration/Pepper tickets and got the email from LiveNation this morning.. saved 50%.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We caught Social Distortion and Bad Religion at the Fillmore in Philly last weekend. Social D was awesome, as usual. Mike Ness was very talkative between songs. They played 3 or 4 new songs. Supposedly there's a new album on the way, but anyone familiar with Social D knows 'new album on the way' could be another decade. The last new song that they played as part of the encore called "Born to Kill" was really heavy and cool. Mike Ness' son Julian joined him on one song. Julian's band Lovecrimes opened, but we missed most of it. Bad Religion was sandwiched in the middle. For me, Bad Religion is one of those "like 'em/don't love 'em" bands. I like their songs in isolation, but there is a sameness to them when they're done one after the other for me.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 Concerts [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffa wrote:
We caught Social Distortion and Bad Religion at the Fillmore in Philly last weekend. Social D was awesome, as usual. Mike Ness was very talkative between songs. They played 3 or 4 new songs. Supposedly there's a new album on the way, but anyone familiar with Social D knows 'new album on the way' could be another decade. The last new song that they played as part of the encore called "Born to Kill" was really heavy and cool. Mike Ness' son Julian joined him on one song. Julian's band Lovecrimes opened, but we missed most of it. Bad Religion was sandwiched in the middle. For me, Bad Religion is one of those "like 'em/don't love 'em" bands. I like their songs in isolation, but there is a sameness to them when they're done one after the other for me.

You described my feelings about Bad Religion exactly. I had tickets to see them with Alkaline Trio and the show was cancelled early in the pandemic.

Nice to here Mike's voice has recovered.
Quote Reply

Prev Next