Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I remember when I was a kid we used to put candy in dixie cups and put them on the neighbor’s porches for May Day. Is that a thing anywhere anymore?

I made May Baskets as a kid but I think I made them... for myself. Definitely not neighbors.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockman wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
:-)

April showers bring mayflowers. Do you know what mayflowers bring?
Pilgrims!

Easy Pilgrim, we still could get frost. John Wayne seemed to bring Pilgrims too.

I am a Mayflower descendent.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
I remember when I was a kid we used to put candy in dixie cups and put them on the neighbor’s porches for May Day. Is that a thing anywhere anymore?

My wife does little flower pots and takes them around to her friends' houses.

I never heard of anyone celebrating May Day until she started doing this.

My sister left flowers on our Door a few years ago, I guess she did it for all her friends and recalled doing it when she was younger.. First I heard of it.. and the last till now.. LOL

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Pilgrims!

Easy Pilgrim, we still could get frost. John Wayne seemed to bring Pilgrims too.

If you're a triathlete, you donate blood, you adopted your pet from a shelter, you're vegan, a Mayflower descendant, and you put your cart back at the store - what do you tell people first?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
spockman wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Pilgrims!

I am too! Certified and all. William Bradford. He was the first governor of the Plymouth Colony.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were supposed to go to Virginia, but had to land in Massachusetts because they ran out of beer (their only source of fresh water), so the story goes

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Pilgrims!

If you're a triathlete, you donate blood, you adopted your pet from a shelter, you're vegan, a Mayflower descendant, and you put your cart back at the store - what do you tell people first?

.. that you do Crossfit ... duh ..

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Pilgrims!

Ex-triathlete, and don't really even talk about it.
Don't donate blood, it leaves my body so fast, I nearly pass out, and I have A+ which is in high supply and can only go to other A+ so they told me not to come back.
Nope never got an animal from a shelter.
Nope not a vegan
Yes a Mayflower descendant, but rarely mention it, unless genealogy comes up (also a descendent of Mary Bolin - you know the one that got sent home rumored to be pregnant with the Kings baby, and Leaf Ericson. I find the last 2 stories much more interesting than the Mayflower descendent - but that one has been certified and Mom joined the Mayflower club (or whatever its called).
Put my cart in a rack, if none nearby just hook it over a curb, but I do often take a cart from the parking lot, if I need one in store.

I don't talk to people, so I don't tell them much, these days probably the first thing I say is that I am retired.

I don't understand why any of these things matter, but since you asked I thought I would answer. Maybe I missed something, or one of those social que things.. Anyhow, there you go.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
spockman wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Pilgrims!

I am too! Certified and all. William Bradford. He was the first governor of the Plymouth Colony.

I'll have to ask my Mom again, I forget. Since and not surprisingly, she has tracked a 2nd passenger we are also related, but since it was a small community, that is not a surprise at least to me. Yes She and my sister are certified and member of the Mayflower Soceity? Sorry don't remember what that is called. .

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D
Quote:
r. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Pilgrims!

.. that you do Crossfit ... duh ..

loving the continued engagement from everyone on this thread... LOL

Quote Reply

Prev Next