Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack, shouldn't this be titled ''Farm Boys in the Big Suburbs''?

I don't care if Kristie Noame killed her dog, but bragging about it just seems so Republican!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bet that Governor of South Dakota had no idea that there were so many ways to misspell her name

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Jack, shouldn't this be titled ''Farm Boys in the Big Suburbs''?

I don't care if Kristie Noame killed her dog, but bragging about it just seems so Republican!

Yep, Long Island is not the big city, unless you grew or still live somewhere that has one Elementary, Middle, and High School for the entire county, and you only had 53 graduate with you. Then Nassau and Western Suffolk counties are overwhelming.

An update: The kitten died yesterday afternoon at the vet's. The neighbor told me last night and said it was amazing I knew that. I told her all I did was pay attention to the mother, the fact that she knew is what is amazing.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:

Although you might like to pretend that Americans are soft and can’t handle the harsh realities of life, we can. And we do. We’re not guilty of sugar coating things.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

haha, incredible.
Quote Reply
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
RogerC39 wrote:
307trout wrote:
ike wrote:
I have never met a tree hugger who doubted that nature can be cruel. They usually argue that humans should not be needlessly cruel.

The problem is that the line of "needlessly cruel" is drawn in such a way that many common acts are deemed unacceptable.

We're talking about shooting an untrained puppy. Is that a common act that is inappropriately deemed unacceptable? Seriously?

An animal that's killing/harassing/attacking livestock and biting at/acting aggressive towards its owner? Yeah, I wouldn't say that's too uncommon.

Many a ranch dog has made it's final mistake when it bites a kid.

Cool. Now explain the goat.

The reality is that she shot both because they were inconvenient.

We will name the goat Veep. Since her chances of being VP are as dead as the goat and dog.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

We will name the goat Veep. Since her chances of being VP are as dead as the goat and dog.

Are you really attacking someone that shot a goat, on a farm/ranch? Really?

I guess it is good that you buy your produce and meat from the grocery store when no animals or plants are harmed.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Farm Boys in the Big City [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
RogerC39 wrote:
307trout wrote:
ike wrote:
I have never met a tree hugger who doubted that nature can be cruel. They usually argue that humans should not be needlessly cruel.

The problem is that the line of "needlessly cruel" is drawn in such a way that many common acts are deemed unacceptable.

We're talking about shooting an untrained puppy. Is that a common act that is inappropriately deemed unacceptable? Seriously?

An animal that's killing/harassing/attacking livestock and biting at/acting aggressive towards its owner? Yeah, I wouldn't say that's too uncommon.

Many a ranch dog has made it's final mistake when it bites a kid.

I thought face shooting was a job requirement for GOP VP, at least it wasn't one of her friends.

I think Sweeney nailed it, it isn't so much that she put down an animal, it's more the that she feels the need to brag about it to show us how tough she is.
Quote Reply

Prev Next