Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Army Captain gets promoted to Marine Corps PFC
Quote | Reply
And only shoots "Sharpshooter."

Quote:
After four years in the Army, Nicolas Brooklier wasn’t sure what to do next.
Brooklier, who had served as a transportation and logistics officer and attained the rank of captain, mulled getting his master’s degree in criminal justice or joining the civilian workforce.
He instead chose to make a return to the military. Just not as an officer.
Brooklier, 29, enlisted in the Marine Corps in January, chasing a lifelong dream of earning the eagle, globe and anchor.

'Rah.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/...at-marine-boot-camp/

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Apr 30, 24 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Army Captain gets promoted to Marine Corps PFC [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
‘Brooklier, 29, enlisted in the Marine Corps in January, chasing a lifelong dream of earning the eagle, globe and anchor.’

AKA the Quadruple Crown of Breaking Mom’s Heart.

Interesting story. Didn’t Goggins follow a similar path with multiple special forces units?

Follow your dream, man. Good luck to you.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Army Captain gets promoted to Marine Corps PFC [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Didn’t Goggins follow a similar path with multiple special forces units?

Goggins wanted to be an Air Force PJ, but ended up being in Air Control (TACP). Later he joined the Navy to be a SEAL.

So if you say that the path of Air Force Spec Warfare guy is to Navy SEALs is similar to an officer in Army Logistics is an enlisted Marine Infantry, then sure.

I'm not sure I would say that, but both are moved to a better team, in this Marine Grunt's humble opinion.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Quote:

Goggins wanted to be an Air Force PJ, but ended up being in Air Control (TACP). Later he joined the Navy to be a SEAL.

So if you say that the path of Air Force Spec Warfare guy is to Navy SEALs is similar to an officer in Army Logistics is an enlisted Marine Infantry, then sure.

I'm not sure I would say that, but both are moved to a better team, in this Marine Grunt's humble opinion.

I'm not too familiar with the setup of the US military but I think after serving as a SEAL, Goggins went to become an Army Ranger then went on to Delta selection.

Sounds like a pretty wild path through the military.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Army Captain gets promoted to Marine Corps PFC [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Quote:

I'm not too familiar with the setup of the US military but I think after serving as a SEAL, Goggins went to become an Army Ranger then went on to Delta selection.

Sounds like a pretty wild path through the military.

Goggins went to Ranger School. That's different than being an Army Ranger. The Army refers to it as the difference between being a "Tabbed Ranger" vs being in the Ranger Regiment. (There are some/several Army, Marine, Navy, and Air Force folks in each Ranger School class, but they aren't a interservice transfer to the Army or necessarily headed for the regiment)

While Goggins did go to Delta Selection (twice?), he wasn't in Delta. Kevin Holland was one of the few (only?) SEALs to move to Delta.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew two multi-service guys during my time. Oddly enough both at the same unit though I don't remember if at the same time.

First guy, a fellow Sergeant of Marines, did a 4 year hitch in all four branches, with Marines as his last. He was a comms tech, so nothing fancy like the Seals/Rangers/TACP. But a good dude nonetheless for having been soiled by the other services first.

Second guy was prior Navy. Weird guy, had huge anchor tattoos on his forearms. Decided to get the tattoos removed through a Navy clinic on Okinawa (this was mid-90's). They had him come in a few weeks in a row where they'd slice out strips of the tattoo'd skin and sew it back up until the tattoos were gone. He was left with two huge ass scars. I lost touch with him when he rotated back to the states but ran across him probably 5-6 years later aboard NAS Pensacola, he'd rejoined the Navy but lost his rank from the Marines. I believe he said he left the Marines as a Corporal (E-4), and went back into the Navy as an E-2.

I could not imagine going from Captain to PFC. That must've been a buring life long dream.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Apr 30, 24 13:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Goggins went to Ranger School. That's different than being an Army Ranger. The Army refers to it as the difference between being a "Tabbed Ranger" vs being in the Ranger Regiment. (There are some/several Army, Marine, Navy, and Air Force folks in each Ranger School class, but they aren't a interservice transfer to the Army or necessarily headed for the regiment)

<Senator Tom Cotton has entered the chat>
Quote Reply