Prev Next
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #65
β€œCan you dig it?”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅

Terrible. Never heard of Bismuth and antimony either. Not digging todays puzzle.
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard of antimony, never would have found it if it wasn't the last on that side. Never heard of Bismuth.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #65
β€œCan you dig it?”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅

That killed me.... I was thinking, hole, grave, shovel, cemetery, latrine. (We just had the gardening one) Then I thought maybe a music one. I finally took the hint. (Gold) Then I thought Ah! mining. I found copper and hit a block. I was trying to find mining for spanagram (it's short but does reach across the board horizontally). I finally found Silver... then those words blocked out Antimony (I remembered from high school and college chem) then I started thinking periodic table. There are so many ways to group things on there of course I know that Gold, Copper and Silver are metals didn't recall Antimony so certainly could be a metal (sounds metallic to me : ). I saw the word metal and banked then realized like my last comment about connecting words and I could see it because the whole right side of the grid was full and heavy metal was the boarder word. That threw me, I've always thought of heavy metals as Uranium, Plutonium, Cesium, etc. Then I saw Bismuth, that's a refresher, I mis-remembered that it wasn't a metal (Maybe thinking of Bituminous) Then the last word left Arsenic, again did not realize a metal. They are just playing with use. They ease up through the weekend then put the hammer down as the week starts." Arsenic is neither a metal nor a non-metal but instead joins a select but rather ill defined group of elements called the metalloids".
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #66
β€œCan you digit?”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

Straightforward… except for bacon?

Only digit connection I could see is β€œbringing home the bacon” as in earnings/numbers, but that’s a stretch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #66
β€œCan you digit?”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

I got dance first which threw me off track. And I agree, bacon doesn't make much sense.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A quick google tells me that it is the official term for how many degrees of separation someone has from Kevin Bacon. The fact that google was quick to suggest looking up the term after just typing the first two letters shows that I wasn’t the only person who had to look it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #66
β€œCan you digit?”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

It wasn't straight forward for me.... at all. First I thought it was the same theme from yesterday. I thought it was a nyt strands glitch but those words were not there. Then I finally recognized it was digit not dig it. I was first thinking along the lines of finger, hand, toes. I just started to find any words for the hint cache. I typed in lucky and when it came up as a word I was more perplexed. That word allowed me to see whole and again to my surprise came up as a word. That's when I thought number.... lucky, whole. Then I saw binary and those three words let me see numbers. I thought I had it locked in but then I was coming up with nothing. I was looking for any word for a hint and surprise again telephone came up as a word ( digits to dial ) a little out of the box but ok I get it. Stuck again then found serial as in number. I couldn't see anything after that and started looking for any word for a hint. Bacon, what in the world does that have to do with the theme? The only word that was left was dance. I have no idea how those words tie into the theme.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #67
β€œTap to play”
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

Ripped through it quick until the last two words in the lower left hand corner. Took good few minutes until I saw boulder.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #67
β€œTap to play”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

Seemed to be random words until the spangram. Then made perfect sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #67
β€œTap to play”
πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

I had a hard time with this one. I Even after the spanagram. I haven't played mini golf since I don't know when and forgot about those typical features.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #68
β€œLike a rocket”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅

This one should've been easier, found space immediately but didn't follow it through.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #68
β€œLike a rocket”
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

This one went smoothly. I got right theme and got through it quickly. I saw launch then I saw space like you and it went into the hint cache. I learned my lesson from previous times of coming up short on a word and went back to see if I could work something off of it then traced f off the space. The rest of the words came fairly quickly The spanagram cut off the upper and right hand side and I spotted orbit in the lower right then the remaining letters only had two ways to make a word ( encounter). The rest of the words I had no problem finding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #69
β€œIt's a date!”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅

That was quick and easy, except for Boutonniere....I couldn't have spelled that with a gun to my head if it wasn't my last word.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #69
β€œIt's a date!”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #69
β€œIt's a date!”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅. Found prom right away but didn't link it up until I filled in all the words above it. Same for me with boutonniere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #70
β€œPicture perfect”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

I had a harder time doing this one even though I got the theme correct Rocky to confirm movies then Gladiator. The rest of the movies I've never heard of. Knowing they were Oscar winners were of little use to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My patience were in short supply this morning and I gave up on it.

-Nobody
Quote Reply

Prev Next