Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing?
Quote | Reply
This seem (almost) unbelievable. How many Americans agree with Barr? I guess we'll find out in November.

Bill Barr, who said Trump shouldn’t be near Oval Office, says he will vote for him in 2024
https://www.cnn.com/...rump-2024/index.html

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Democrat Derangement Syndrome.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, there are "true" republicans that are voting R - regardless. And that is what Barr is saying, clearly. Yup the Republican is a Felon, criminal, deranged etc.. but Progressives are a bigger threat. It would have been interesting and insightful if they would have asked him to name a democrat he would have voted for over Trump. I doubt he could have come up with a name, probably would have danced around it cause that lays it straight out he will always vote republican no matter how bad the candidate.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think people need to remember, asking them what Democrat they would vote for would be like asking you or me what Russian would you vote for to be president of the US.

In their mind, they are Republicans, and the Democrats are the enemy. Full stop.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
This seem (almost) unbelievable. How many Americans agree with Barr? I guess we'll find out in November.

Bill Barr, who said Trump shouldn’t be near Oval Office, says he will vote for him in 2024

No, the Regressives have Democracy Derangement Syndrome. If you aren't familiar with Project 2025, you should probably have a look: https://www.pbs.org/...t-with-trumps-vision
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

You should answer your own question this way

When Biden is voted out in November….. anyone still talking about him after Jan 25th 2025 (give or take 5 days) has BDS
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction, if not when. Then, yes, agree. Some of us will be suffering double dosed TDS then.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Correction, if not when. Then, yes, agree. Some of us will be suffering double dosed TDS then.

Got the correction

Either way we got 4 more years of someDS. I’d like to believe we might move on to something better on both sides from there

I’ll be happy to pledge to not BDS IF he wins. IF the American people have gotten a full 4 year view and want four more so be it

I might K(Amala)DS but not BDS

Be interesting to see if anyone is willing to take the other side of that pledge here
Last edited by: Tylertri: Apr 27, 24 15:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
gofigure wrote:

Got the correction

Either way we got 4 more years of someDS. I’d like to believe we might move on to something better on both sides from there

I’ll be happy to pledge to not BDS IF he wins. IF the American people have gotten a full 4 year view and want four more so be it

I might K(Amala)DS but not BDS

Be interesting to see if anyone is willing to take the other side of that pledge here

I don't know what happens to the Republican Party, if Trump loses. I mean he has now literally taken over control of the Republican party, has stopped the RNC from spending money on anyone other than him. If he loses, I don't think he goes away, I think he just keeps the same thing rolling for 4 more years, and I don't see anyone on the Republican side, including you, leaving him behind.

Yup either way, this is the last we have to deal with Biden. If he loses he will do like all past sitting presidents (sorry almost all) who lose have done, move on and sell books and work to help their party, or other areas of society.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I look forward to a second Biden admin without your BDS illness then. If Biden elects to pass the baton to his VP at some point in his term, then I will look forward to helping you recover well from your Harris derangement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Barr makes his mind set clear by describing the decision between Biden and Trump as a Hobson’s choice. For Barr, that is exactly what it is. He tries to allude that a Hobson’s choice would be between two poor candidates, but that describes a dilemma as there are more than one available options. A Hobson’s choice presents only one real option; to Barr that is Trump regardless of all the poor characteristics of that choice Barr has identified.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
I don't know what happens to the Republican Party, if Trump loses.

As you know, the real challenge is that approximately 70% of Republicans believe that the last presidential election was stolen.

It is a classic religious/cult belief, being entirely immune to facts. Counter facts are reflexively interpreted as further proof of the malevolence of the opposition, who are radical communists intent on destroying the USA.

So for most Republicans there are really only 2 possible outcomes:

1. Trump will win and take power peacefully, before becoming their retribution, dictator on day one, and all else he has promised/threatened.

2. Trump will win but have the election stolen again. They will need to apply what they learnt last time to restore him to the throne by any means necessary. This time they really will need to "fight like hell".

"If Trump loses" isn't on the menu.

I don't think there is any time since their Civil War that the idea of being a citizen of the USA has seemed less appealing.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
A Hobson’s choice presents only one real option; to Barr that is Trump regardless of all the poor characteristics of that choice Barr has identified.

That may be exaggerating Barr's rationality, though. He's been saying that Trump critics are just taking Trump's rhetoric too literally.

I think people sometimes took him too literally and you know, he would say things like, similar to that, in occasions, to blow off steam, but I wouldn’t take him literally every time he did it.

Because he didn't *literally* execute political the leakers who publicized him going into a bunker during George Floyd protests.

But the issue isn't so much the critics who take him too literally. It's the supporters who take his rhetoric literally who are the real danger. The people who literally believe the 2020 election was stolen, etc.

Barr is indirectly acknowledging the criticism is righteous...he's a critic himself...is just trying to convince himself that Trump will "grow into the presidency" and be restrained by institutions ... which I think that myth can not only be put to bed by this point, but nuked from orbit.

Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
I don't think there is any time since their Civil War that the idea of being a citizen of the USA has seemed less appealing.

That was arguably a proud time to take the righteous position.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In response to Barr's comments, trump posted this:

"Wow! Former A.G. Bill Barr, who let a lot of great people down by not investigating Voter Fraud in our Country, has just Endorsed me for President despite the fact that I called him 'Weak, Slow Moving, Lethargic, Gutless, and Lazy' (New York Post!) Based on the fact that I greatly appreciate his wholehearted Endorsement, I am removing the word 'Lethargic' from my statement."

Barr's response after hearing that? He's still voting for Trump because Biden is the one who is a danger to democracy. You can't make this sh*t up.
https://www.cnn.com/...t-collins-src-digvid

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Bill Barr continues to drive home the point that he was the worst AG ever.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
I don't know what happens to the Republican Party, if Trump loses.

As you know, the real challenge is that approximately 70% of Republicans believe that the last presidential election was stolen.

It is a classic religious/cult belief, being entirely immune to facts. Counter facts are reflexively interpreted as further proof of the malevolence of the opposition, who are radical communists intent on destroying the USA.

So for most Republicans there are really only 2 possible outcomes:

1. Trump will win and take power peacefully, before becoming their retribution, dictator on day one, and all else he has promised/threatened.

2. Trump will win but have the election stolen again. They will need to apply what they learnt last time to restore him to the throne by any means necessary. This time they really will need to "fight like hell".

"If Trump loses" isn't on the menu.

I often wonder if 70% of Repukes really believe that, or do most of that 70% know better deep down inside, but say it anyway?

Because Repukes.

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must add that I feel like I am living in some nightmare. How is it that a) Trump is still "there", and b) Trump might win again?

I just cannot believe that this is fucking happening.

And one by one, the Repukes like McConnel and Barr line up to kiss the ring.

I can't sleep at night as I look at what is happening in America. How can half the country look at Trump and think "What a great guy"?

If he was actually eloquent, like Hitler, I might understand. Or if he looked good, or was intelligent.

He is none of those things. But, he's a monster.

The biggest party that I will ever throw will be on the day that Trump dies.

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
I must add that I feel like I am living in some nightmare. How is it that a) Trump is still "there", and b) Trump might win again?

I can't sleep at night as I look at what is happening in America. How can half the country look at Trump and think "What a great guy"?

If he was actually eloquent, like Hitler, I might understand. Or if he looked good, or was intelligent.

It's an alarmingly large number of people but it's not half the country. First off, only about 2/3 of people who can vote vote. So you've got at least 1/3 of the country who doesn't care enough about him to vote for him. Of those who voted somewhat less than half voted for him. So now we're down to 1/3 of the country. I'd guess a pretty substantial portion of the Republican vote merely voted for him because he's the guy their tribe put forward, probably a lot voted for him thinking he's as big of a POS as he appears to be. Then you've got some percentage that just like sticking it the Dems or Liberals but surely recognize that Trump is not a great guy, or the religious sorts who think he'll give them what they want so they're willing to make that bargain with the devil. I'd guess no more than 10% maybe 20% max actually think Trump is a great guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Biden Derangement Syndrome a thing? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Skuj wrote:

It's an alarmingly large number of people but it's not half the country. First off, only about 2/3 of people who can vote vote. So you've got at least 1/3 of the country who doesn't care enough about him to vote for him. Of those who voted somewhat less than half voted for him. So now we're down to 1/3 of the country. I'd guess a pretty substantial portion of the Republican vote merely voted for him because he's the guy their tribe put forward, probably a lot voted for him thinking he's as big of a POS as he appears to be. Then you've got some percentage that just like sticking it the Dems or Liberals but surely recognize that Trump is not a great guy, or the religious sorts who think he'll give them what they want so they're willing to make that bargain with the devil. I'd guess no more than 10% maybe 20% max actually think Trump is a great guy.

I should have written "half of voters".

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply